Friday, May 12, 2023

Friendly Fill-Ins

Hello, friends! We're ready for the Friendly Fill-Ins challenge, and we'd love for you to join us. My co-host Ellen of 15andmeowing came up with the first two fill-in statements, and I came up with the second two.


1. I've got a yen for _________.

2. I would gladly trade _________ for _________.

3. It seems like only yesterday that _________.

4. If you offered me _________, I would _________.


My answers are below in bold.

1. I've got a yen for chocolate.
(Always.)

2. I would gladly trade these hot and humid summer days for cool and crisp autumn days.
(I don't want to wish any time away. But, if we could just bypass this summer weather, I'd be totally fine with that.)

3. It seems like only yesterday that my cats were kittens.
(Every spring and summer I get nostalgic about my kitties' kittenhoods. After all, they all have birthdays in April and May. I also met and brought all of them home in May, except Eddy, whom I adopted in July. So many kitten memories.)

4. If you offered me a large sum of money for any of my furbabies, I would tell you to take a hike.
(My kitties and pup aren't going anywhere. I was shocked when I once saw a poll asking people if they would hand their pets over for something like a million dollars, and well over half the results said yes. I could never and would never.)


Now it's your turn!
To add your link to the Friendly Fill-Ins Linky list, just click HERE!
You can also click on the badge below to add your link.


You are also welcome to complete the fill-ins in the comments below,
or in the comments on Ellen's blog, 15andmeowing.



***

Are you ready for your Eddy fix? More so, are you ready to be blinded?


Whether you were blinded by Eddy's gloriousness or by the sun, we wish you a fantastic Friday!



***
Flashback Doodle of the Day




***
Tip of the Day
 
Very recently, we shared a series of tips all about pet safety in the season of spring. We were going to wait a while before we got into the details of summer safety, but given the summer-like days we've been having, we thought we'd go ahead and offer some of these important tips now.

In many areas, summer can mean extreme heat. For this reason, it is important to know the signs of heat exhaustion or heat stroke in your cat or dog. Signs of overheating in our furbabies can include excessive panting, difficulty breathing, increased heart rate and respiration rate, excessive drooling, weakness, or even vomiting and diarrhea. If your furbaby begins to show any of these signs, especially if they have been in the heat, do not hesitate to seek veterinary assistance. Tomorrow, we'll start diving a little deeper into how to keep your kitties and pups safe from overheating and other summer concerns.

6 comments:

Eastside Cats said...

Eddy, the look on your face is what I'd give to anyone who wanted to buy my cats!

Yvonne said...

Adorable Eddy fix!

Great fill ins and I'm with you on #4. Have a great weekend!

pilch92 said...

Great answers, we had the same for #4. I always have a yen for chocolate too. That is a pretty shot of Eddy. Nice drawing and excellent tips too. XO

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

#4 is shocking. Wonder if they would hand their kids over too?

messymimi said...

Money can't buy me love, or buy it away from me, either.

Eddy, you look like you are sitting in a sunspot, i like the way it gives the slight rainbow effect.

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

TBT answers...

1. I've got a yen for steak with creamy mushroom bourbon sauce.

2. I would gladly trade some junk trees for more sunlight for my garden.

3. It seems like only yesterday that The Beatles wrote 'Yesterday'.

4. If someone offered me a new car for one of The Mews, I would just laugh and say "love is not for sale".