Friday, March 29, 2024

Friendly Fill-Ins and Eddy's Flashback Photo Fails

Hello, friends! I guess I didn't manage to actually push publish on this post, because it's well into the afternoon and I just discovered it sitting in my drafts. That's very likely my wrongdoing, so my apologies. Now we'll get to the Friendly Fill-Ins challenge, far later than intended. My amazing co-host Ellen of 15andmeowing came up with the first two fill-in statements, and I came up with the second two.


1. I hope my Easter basket has _________ in it.

2. March has been _________.

3. If there ever was a time to _________, it's now.

4. I _________ in preparation for _________.


My answers are below in bold.

1. I hope my Easter basket has health and happiness in it.
(I try not to give cheesy answers for these, but given the way things have been going, right now I just want health and happiness for my family and friends. Please and thank you, Easter Bunny.)

2. March has been a lot.
(I've suffered far less tragedies than many, so overall I am grateful. Evan has had a rough March in terms of health, though, as has my dad, so it was just a lot to juggle. That said, both Evan and my dad have improved a great deal, for which I am also very grateful.)

3. If there ever was a time to work toward your goals, it's now.
(I couldn't think of how to word this to really get my point across, but what I'm trying to say is simply that there's no better time than now. For anything you want to achieve in life, working toward it in even a small way can be done now rather than later.)

4. I suit up in preparation for Evan's medication time.
(I've mentioned this before, but Evan does what I call rage peeing, and sometimes rage pooping. When he doesn't like something, like getting his meds, he'll often spray urine at his assailant, which is almost always me. I've learned ways to protect myself, like bringing with me an extra blanket or paper towels as a shield. I also always bring over cleaning supplies. It's a whole production.)


Now it's your turn!
To add your link to the Friendly Fill-Ins Linky list, just click HERE!
You can also click on the badge below to add your link.


You are also welcome to complete the fill-ins in the comments below,
or in the comments on Ellen's blog, 15andmeowing.



***

And now it's time for the Pet Photo Fails Blog Hop, hosted by none other than Melissa and Mudpie of Melissa's Mochas, Mysteries, & Meows.


This time around, Eddy wanted to share some flashback bloopers. A few years ago, the kitties got a new little friend for Easter. When this here human tried to get some shots of Eddy and the new pal, Eddy first had to be lured over with treats, and then most of what we managed were blurry bloopers. See?



Happy Friday, friends!



***
Flashback Doodle of the Day




***
Tip of the Day

We're of course here today with another National Pet Poison Awareness Month tip. It's time to give a reminder of the dirty details of keeping your kitty or pup safe. What we mean is, don't forget to keep your garbage can, recycling bin, dirty dishwasher, compost, and other similar areas safe against curious furbabies. Garbage cans or recycling bins, for example, might contain empty containers for potentially poisonous substances, such as detergents. The garbage can, dishwasher, or even compost might also contain the remnants of food that is toxic to a cat or dog. When it comes to the compost, or perhaps even the garbage can, moldy foods especially might be found within, and moldy food can contain mycotoxins, which are indeed toxic to our furbabies.

All in all, what we're trying to say is to never forget all of the details, no matter how dirty, for ensuring that your kitty or pup is free from any form of poisoning or other injury. Use garbage cans that are securely lidded or pet-proof in another way. You could even hide your garbage can in a cabinet, drawer, or room to which your furbaby cannot gain access. Also ensure that your dirty dishwasher remains securely closed, and that any compost you have is kept somewhere that your furbaby cannot reach. Even if a precaution seems like overkill, it's probably not. After all, when it comes to the health and safety of your furbaby, it is of course best to take no risks.

3 comments:

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Those are cute bloopers! I think you should get a video of medicine time :)

pilch92 said...

Great answers. Maybe a wipeable plastic trash bag or poncho would work for Evan's meds. Cute blooper of Eddy. I like the drawing and your tips are excellent. XO

messymimi said...

Your bloopers are pure Eddy.

Med time here is great -- for Dansig the Round. Everyone else, not so much. It's nice to have one cooperator.