Friday, March 1, 2024

Seussical Friendly Fill-Ins and Adorable Eddy

It's time for the Friendly Fill-Ins, and we'd love for you to join us. This week's is a special edition inspired by Dr. Seuss, since his birthday is March 2. My amazing co-host Ellen of 15andmeowing came up with the first two of these bookish fill-in statements, and I came up with the second two.


1. My favorite place to read is _________.

2. My favorite genre to read is _________.

3. _________ is a book I could read over and over again.

4. The book _________ inspired me to _________.


My answers are below in bold.

1. My favorite place to read is anywhere that Evan is by my side.
(Obviously, I'll more than happily read with any of my kitties or my pup by my side. Wherever they are is where I'm happiest, which is why my home is my happy place. Evan is simply my biggest shadow who is most often attached to me, so he got to headline this fill-in. I do take my Kindle to work and read while on my lunch break, and I'll also read if I'm a passenger in a car. But, I will always prefer reading when snuggling Evan on the couch, when cuddling kitties before falling asleep in bed, and even when in the back yard with Astrid where Evan sometimes asks to be wrapped in a blanket on my lap on the porch.)

2. My favorite genre to read is fantasy.
(I love when a book is an escape from reality, and I also love all things magical, which is probably why fantasy is indeed my favorite genre. I can also thank my dad for this, which I'll address in the next fill-in as well.)

3. The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien is a book I could read over and over again.
(I'm pretty sure I've mentioned this story many times over the years on my blog, but here's a quick version again. When I was 4 or so years old, my dad read The Hobbit to my sister and myself as a bedtime story. I also grew up with a map of Tolkien's land Middle-earth in my playroom. All of that was like a gateway into fantasy for me, and I've loved it ever since. The Hobbit will always hold a very special place for me.)

4. The book I'm reading at any given moment inspired me to write and create.
(I intended on picking a specific book for this answer, but when it came to it, I couldn't settle on one. If I'm reading a book from beginning to end, it's because I in some way enjoy it. The only time I've ever forced myself to finish a book I was not enjoying was when I was in school. And if I'm enjoying reading something, there's usually something about it that will inspire me to write stories myself, as that is a passion of mine. Also, the books I especially enjoy reading tend to inspire me to doodle up fan art or other certain imagery from the story.)


Now it's your turn!
To add your link to the Friendly Fill-Ins Linky list, just click HERE!
You can also click on the badge below to add your link.


You are also welcome to complete the fill-ins in the comments below,
or in the comments on Ellen's blog, 15andmeowing.



***

Are you ready for your Eddy fix? You are? Good, because Eddy's ready to show off her adorable self.


You can try tickling that tummy if you'd like. There's a 50/50 chance it's a trap. Either way, Eddy hopes seeing her adorable face and tummy helped make your Friday fantastic!



***
Flashback Doodle of the Day




***
Tip of the Day

We're yet again going to be repeating a series of tips we've given in the past. This is because the topic at hand is an important one. After all, March is Pet Poison Awareness Month, and so we'll be giving some tips relating to this over the next couple of weeks. We'll begin with a simple one. For today, we just want to remind you to always have a plan for an emergency, of course including the possibility of your furbaby ingesting some form of toxic material. This could be chocolate, a poisonous plant, human medication, or even an item such as a battery. Being prepared would include knowing where to take your furbaby, as quickly as possible, in the event that they consume anything poisonous. For example, if the trip to your regular veterinarian is not a quick drive, then perhaps have another backup clinic in mind, one that is closer, in the event that you need to get your furbaby help in a very timely manner.

Along this same line of thought, also make sure you know the nearest emergency veterinary clinic, especially for evenings, weekends, and holidays. Have the phone number and address of said clinic handy, such as in your phone or on your refrigerator. What's more, we may not always think of this, but also try to be knowledgeable of how to get to any clinic you might need, before you might need to get there in a pinch. If need be, bookmark or print out directions to nearby clinics and keep them somewhere accessible. This way, should your furbaby get into anything poisonous, you can hop in the car and get help without delay. As we always say, it's better to be safe than sorry.

8 comments:

Yvonne said...

Greeat fill ins. Beautiful Eddy pic!

Have a great weekend!

messymimi said...

The Hobbit is fabulous, our fifth grade teacher read it to us, a few pages at a time, as a reward for getting class work done and I've loved it since.

Thanks for the Eddy fix!

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

I'd love to tickle that tummy! Reading with pets nearby is the best :)

pilch92 said...

I enjoyed all your answers. That is a sweet memory of your dad reading to you and your sister. Cute drawing- love the hat. :) Nice glamour shot of Eddy.
And excellent tips, as always. XO

Basil and The B Team ~ BionicBasil ® said...

Tolkien is an epic writer, we adore those books! Eddy is looking truly terrific again! Wishing mew a furbulous weekend!

meowmeowmans said...

Awesome job with the fill-ins! I remember reading Tolkein for the first time ... I was blown away. Hiya Eddy! Does your tummy need some petting?

Athena Cat Goddess Wise Kitty said...

Lovely pic, Eddy!

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

1. My favorite place to read is sitting in bed.

2. My favorite genre to read is sci-fi (heavy on the science).

3. The Silmarillion is a book I could read over and over again.

4. The book 'Journey To The Mushroom Planet' inspired me to read every sci-fi book I've read since then.