Monday, March 11, 2024

Mancat Monday: Co-Starring the Ear

Hello, friends! I'm yet again sorry for disappearing for a couple days this weekend. I spent a good chunk of the weekend doing yard work. The weather was lovely, and there was a project I've been meaning to finish for quite some time now. It's not quite done yet, but it's very close. That said, working on that meant I didn't open my laptop even once this weekend. This is why it's still a goal of mine to soon get back to scheduling our posts days in advance. Anyway.

It's Mancat Monday, so here's a dose of handsome mancat Evan for you, co-starring his aural (ear) hematoma.



I know Evan looks rather sad in those photos, but I promise he was purring and enjoyed some treats both before and after these were snapped. Evan's floppy ear makes him look so dejected, but his ear in these photos is actually an improvement. It sort of plateaued at this stage over the past week, but I hope it continues to shrink again soon.

Evan has had mostly good days lately. This whole ear hematoma really had him acting differently there for awhile. While he's still not fully past all of the annoyance with his ear, he's acting a lot more like himself again. He's still on all of his medications, which help with the ear as well as his urinary and intestinal issues. Not that he's a huge fan of having nearly half a dozen drugs shoved down his throat every day, but he's a good boy and let's me do it anyway.

Evan hopes you all enjoyed seeing his handsome self today! And he promises he's not as sad as he looks in these photos. He's purring for you, actually. Can you hear it?



***

Now, wonderful Ellen of 15andmeowing brought to my attention that it's time to announce our themes for this year's April A to Z Challenge. I hadn't even noticed that fact myself, so I'm glad she's far more on top of things than I am.



I will indeed be participating this year, of course again in the form of doodles. And this year's doodles will be of the theme...All Things Cat. I won't say exactly what that means just yet, but this flashback doodle here sort of inspired this year's theme, and so it might point you in the direction of what you'll perhaps be seeing from me this April.


That old drawing there is actually not too terribly timed, since this Thursday is Pi(e) Day. I only just realized that, but now I hope to scribble up a new pie-ish doodle for the occasion. We'll see how that goes.

That said, I've been working on this year's A to Z doodles for months now. They're a bit different than my usual drawings, but they're still of a feline nature, and hopefully you'll enjoy seeing them as much as I'm enjoying scribbling them up.



***
Tip of the Day

Our next set of tips for National Pet Poison Awareness Month will cover some of the random household items that could potentially be toxic to your kitty or pup. To begin, don't forget that some laundry products could lead to ill effects for your furbaby. For example, fabric softeners and dryer sheets often contain detergents that can be corrosive in nature. If your cat or dog gets into such products, the adverse reactions could include gastrointestinal distress, oral ulcers, and lethargy. For such reasons, do be sure to keep all laundry products well out of reach of your furbaby. If your kitty or pup does get into any such products, do not hesitate to seek veterinary assistance.

6 comments:

pilch92 said...

Glad Evan is acting more like himself. He is a cutie even with the bent ear. Thanks for the shout out. I am glad you are participating, and I look forward to your cat doodles. Cute drawing and great tips. XO

Gidget Blue Sky said...

poor baby evan, your ear lookz like a hurty

catladymac said...

Evan you are truly amazing to let Mom give you multiple medicines every day ! You deserve to feel better ASAP !

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

I love that pie doodle!!! Poor Evan, I can't even imagine how frustrating that ear must be.

TimberLove said...

Goodness kit-cat, that do look look like it smarts, hope woo feel better,

Timber

The Island Cats said...

I missed that Evan has an ear problem. I hope the medicine helps it and he’s feeling better soon. It looks awkward.