Friday, March 15, 2024

Friendly Fill-Ins and Elusive Eddy

Hello, friends! We're ready for the Friendly Fill-Ins challenge, and we'd love for you to join us. My amazing co-host Ellen of 15andmeowing came up with the first two fill-in statements, and I came up with the second two.


1. I enjoy watching _________.

2. I _________ on St. Patrick's Day.

3. Others come to me when they need help with _________.

4. _________ is my lucky charm.


My answers are below in bold.

1. I enjoy watching my kitties and pup as they sleep.
(Because they're downright adorable and I'm a creep like that. What more can I say?)

2. I feast on Dublin Coddle on St. Patrick's Day.
(My mom always cooks up some Irish-inspired foods on St. Patrick's Day. Most of them are cabbage-based, but as someone who's really just not a fan of cabbage, I instead have myself a hearty serving of the Dublin Coddle my mom makes. It's an Irish sausage and potato stew, and it's delicious.)

3. Others come to me when they need help with cat claws.
(By this I mean I'm the person who cuts most of the family cats' claws. I don't mind. I used to work as a veterinary assistant at a cat clinic, and one of my jobs there was trimming kitty claws, so I grew quite used to it.)

4. My furry family is my lucky charm.
(I'm not a very superstitious person and don't really have items I consider truly lucky. That said, my kitties and pup make me feel like the luckiest person on earth, so that's my answer.)


Now it's your turn!
To add your link to the Friendly Fill-Ins Linky list, just click HERE!
You can also click on the badge below to add your link.


You are also welcome to complete the fill-ins in the comments below,
or in the comments on Ellen's blog, 15andmeowing.



***

Who's ready for an Eddy fix? We're sure you all are. Today, you get a rather strange angle of ever elusive Eddy, since she was too busy looking out at the sunny day to say cheese to the camera.


Eddy and all of us here wish you a happy, sunny Friday!



***
Flashback Doodle of the Day




***
Tip of the Day

Our tips for National Pet Poison Awareness Month continue on, and we have yet another random household item to be aware of due to the potentially toxic effects that can result if ingested. What we're talking about today are coinsCoins, such as pennies, contain zinc, which can lead to toxicity and serious side effects if ingested in large enough quantities. Zinc poisoning can result in vomiting as well as increased respiration rate and heart rate. Zinc can also damage blood cells. For these reasons, as well as for the choking and obstruction hazards that coins can pose, be sure to always keep coins out of your kitty or pup's reach. Some animals will put anything and everything into their mouth, which could of course lead to danger with items such as coins. So, keep those coins safely tucked away.

5 comments:

messymimi said...

Trimming cat claws is an art form, I'm glad you had so much practice and can take care of it for your whole family.

Eddy, you are precious from every angle!

Yvonne said...

Such a cute Eddy pic. She loves a sunny day.

Great fill ins too. Have a great weekend!

The Island Cats said...

I don't blame you for not looking at the camera, Eddy, when there's better things to watch outside.

pilch92 said...

I enjoyed all your answers. Not creepy at all to watch your furbabies sleeping. The Dublin Coddle sounds good. I love cabbage, but not corned beef. Eddy is a cutie. Nice drawing and great tips. XO

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Sunny days are a priority!!!