Tuesday, May 7, 2024

Remembering Angel Rosie

Today, May 7, marks 9 years since my angel Rosie flew to the Rainbow Bridge.

Every year, I ponder what to post in my dear Rosie's honor. She was my best friend, my pride and joy, as well as the main reason I felt compelled to start this blog of ours. A few years ago, I finally found some words that more or less explain how I want to remember my Rosie every year on the anniversary of her journey to the Rainbow Bridge. So, I'm now going to re-post what I have said before, because the words still ring true.

Rosie was by my side for 21 years, from the time I was 4 years old until soon after my 26th birthday. She was my companion through nearly every milestone in my life up to that point. This is certainly one major reason why the day I lost her was the worst day of my life thus far.

That all being said, as devastating as it was to lose her, I simply cannot forget the countless beautiful, happy, and funny memories Rosie gifted me. I would never and could never wish those memories away. That's why, when I think of Rosie, I always do all that I can to refrain from feeling sadness. Instead, at the thought of her, I try to go into my reservoir of memories and find ones that bring me joy. And let me tell you, there are many, many, many of those. What's more, I'm certain Rosie would not want the thought of her to bring me sadness.

It's difficult not to feel some semblance of melancholy when thinking of a lost loved one. But, in honor of the companionship, love, and countless memories that she gave me, I always try to remember Rosie with nothing but a smile. After all, for 21 years, she made me smile each and every day. She will always be my ray of sunshine in this world.

I love you, my Rosie, forever and always!

The above image was created a few years ago by the ever so talented Ann of ZoolatryI don't know if there is an image I cherish more than this one. I have never enjoyed having my photo taken, and the only regret that brings me is that I do not have many photos of myself with my furbabies. However, I am beyond grateful that my mom once snapped a candid shot of me kissing my sweet Rosie on the head. Ann then spruced up that photo to create the beautiful image above. I cannot express how grateful I am to have this image to help me forever remember the bond Rosie and I shared.




***
Tip of the Day
 
Today's tip in our wildlife series is all about feeding those birds in your yard. To begin, it may not be necessary to put food out for birds in warm months, when, unlike in the cold winter months, natural food sources are prevalent. That being said, it nevertheless typically does no harm to feed birds in your yard even in the warm months. So, feel free to feed those feathered friends. Your furbabies will thank you for the Bird TV.

Now, let's start with a couple of things not to feed the birds in your yard. Bread is one food that is not really all that ideal for birds. This is especially the case if the bread is moldy, which can have toxic effects. Chocolate is of course another no-no when it comes to feeding birds. Those are just to name a couple, though. If you have any doubts about a food being toxic to birds or other wildlife, err on the side of caution and do not leave it outdoors for them.

Now, on to what you can feed those birds. There can be a lot of factors when it comes to feeding birds. Different regions have different birds, different birds prefer different feed, and different feed sometimes requires different feeders or feeding methods. If you are really serious about feeding birds in your back yard, perhaps do a tad bit of research, or ask for some professional advice when purchasing bird feed at a specialty store. In short, though, birds often enjoy foods such as sunflower seeds, millet, nyjer seeds (typically put out for goldfinches), cracked corn, suet cakes, peanuts, or even some fruit. Remember what we said in previous tips, though, and place food for the birds somewhere that is safe for them, as well as for your furbabies.

4 comments:

pilch92 said...

Beautiful tribute to your angel. Rosie was beautiful and how blessed you were to have 21 years with her. XO

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

You were so lucky to be together for so many years...yet it's still never long enough.

meowmeowmans said...

What a lovely tribute to your beloved Rosie. She was so special, as was the time you had together. Purrs to you as you remember her. XO

messymimi said...

My condolences for the loss of your Rosie. I know the pain doesn't go away, it just gets easier to live with.