Friday, June 28, 2024

Friendly Fill-Ins and Eddy's Photo Fails

Hello, friends! We're ready for the Friendly Fill-Ins challenge, and we'd love for you to join us. My amazing co-host Ellen of 15andmeowing came up with the first two fill-in statements, and I came up with the first two.


1. My summer bucket list includes _________, _________, and _________.

2. _________ and _________ are things you will never find in my home.

3. I'm good at keeping _________ very tidy.

4. I can't _________ without making a mess.


My answers are below in bold.

1. My summer bucket list includes drawing, writing, and reading.
(Preferably all done while cuddling my kitties and pup. I've mentioned all of the above activities as things I enjoy and do as often as possible. I'm a stick in the mud, but I love my mud pit, so I'll be sticking to my usual happy hobbies this summer while surrounded by my fabulous furry family.)

2. Cigarettes and plants that are toxic to animals are things you will never find in my home.
(Cigarettes aren't allowed in my house plain and simply because they're unhealthy to all and smell disgusting. The plant situation is probably obvious, as I'm not willing to risk the health of my kitties and pup.)

3. I'm good at keeping Evan's medications very tidy.
(Don't get me wrong. Before I found a good system for all of Evan's meds, they were a mess. They were piled on part of the kitchen counter, with syringes strewn amongst them. However, once I knew how often Evan needed the various meds, and the best way to administer them, I managed to get them all organized. They now live in a Halloween kitty bowl on the counter. That was probably a needless detail, but I love the bowl I put Evan's meds in. I'll try to remember to share a picture of it soon.)

4. I can't bake without making a mess.
(Especially if flour or cocoa is involved, it's going to look like a bomb went off in my kitchen. I cannot measure out either of those without it exploding all over myself, the counters, and even the floor. And that's not even mentioning all of the utensils and bowls that get strewn about the kitchen during the baking events.)


Now it's your turn!
To add your link to the Friendly Fill-Ins Linky list, just click HERE!
You can also click on the badge below to add your link.


You are also welcome to complete the fill-ins in the comments below,
or in the comments on Ellen's blog, 15andmeowing.



***

And now it's time for the Pet Photo Fails Blog Hop, hosted by none other than Melissa and Mudpie of Melissa's Mochas, Mysteries, & Meows.


Our resident blooper queen Eddy is of course more than ready for this blog hop. Today's blurriness is brought to you by bath time.



Eddy and all of us here wish you a fantastic Friday!



***
Flashback Doodle of the Day

Today's flashback summertime spooky doodle is in honor of the pumpkin patch my dad and I planted in his back yard. We have multiple jack-o'-lantern pumpkin plants thriving, and that makes me so happy.




***
Tip of the Day

Yesterday we gave the pet parenting hack of using rubber gloves to remove furbaby hair from sofas, car interiors, and so forth. We failed to mention another option, and so we'll go ahead and do that today. If your clothing, bedding, or similar item is covered in pet hair and you're looking for a quick fix, you can try tossing it in the dryer with a dryer sheet. The anti-static nature of dyer sheets will help keep the hair from sticking to the clothing, bedding, or whatever item is in question. The hair will instead make its way to the lint trap. You could also try just rubbing a dryer sheet on the hairy item, as that sometimes will also help remove hair with the aid of its anti-static nature.

That all being said, though, please do keep those dryer sheets out of your furbaby's reach. This is because dryer sheets often contain potentially toxic components. So, keep those dryer sheets well hidden, and find and toss stray dryer sheets before dispersing the laundry. Of course, if you have any concern for your furbaby's safety, then simply refrain from using this method altogether.

6 comments:

Sandee said...

1. My summer bucket list includes lots of fresh veggies and lots of reading.
2. Hate and turmoil are things you will never find in my home.
3. I’m good at keeping our kitchen very tidy.
4. I can’t do much of anything without making a mess.

Thank you for co-hosting the Friendly Fill-Ins.

Have a fabulous day and weekend. ♥

Yvonne said...

Eddy is so cute. Great fill ins. I'm the same way with plants. I don't have any plants in the house at all. I figure I'll play it safe. Besides, I don't have a green thumb :)

Have a great weekend!

pilch92 said...

Great answers to the fill-ins. I had the same on cigarettes for #2. I hope you can do all the things you love this summer. I definitely want to see the Halloween bowl. I proudly bring my Halloween reusable bag to the grocery store weekly. Cute bloopers of Eddy. I like the drawing and your tips too. A lot of times I put cat blankets in the dryer with dryer sheets before I wash them. :)

messymimi said...

If I could draw, I'd want to spend time doing it, too. I'm a terrible artist, but I'd love to have that talent.

At least Eddy is tidy, if blurry.

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Adorable bloopers! "I'm a stick in the mud, but I love my mud pit"...I love this!!!

Eastside Cats said...

Always on my to-do list: read!