Friday, August 9, 2024

Friendly Fill-Ins and Eddy's Favorite Eats

Hello, friends! We're ready for the Friendly Fill-Ins challenge, and we'd love for you to join us. My amazing co-host Ellen of 15andmeowing came up with the first two fill-in statements, and I came up with the second two.


1. _________ is my favorite Olympic sport.

2. I won't spend money on _________.

3. I've come to terms with the fact that _________.

4. My computer search history includes _________.


My answers are below in bold.

1. Channel surfing is my favorite Olympic sport.
(These days, I admittedly skip right past the channels with the Olympics. As a kid I really enjoyed watching the Olympics. Gymnastics in the summer and figure skating in the winter were my favorites. I feel like something about the Olympics has shifted over time, though, and they just don't appeal to me anymore. So, I tend to pass by the channels covering them and move on to something else.)

2. I won't spend money on new clothes...at least not often.
(I've of course had to buy clothes here and there, but I honestly very rarely buy new clothes. I very much dislike shopping for clothes, and I'm one of those people who has favorite clothes that I just pretty much wear to death. If I do need a new something, mostly when I've worn through my current version of it, I'll mention that when my family asks me what I want for Christmas. Between my sister and my parents, a ton of my favorite clothes that I wear all the time were gifts that I didn't have to buy. I also have some favorite pair of jeans that my amazing seamstress of a mom has patched for me many a time.)

3. I've come to terms with the fact that I can only do my best.
(This fact of course goes for everyone, even if some days it's hard to accept. I've mentioned before some of my life goals, which include publishing the stories living in my head, creating a variety of products with my drawings, getting back into better blogging habits, and all that sort of jazz. Though I do hope to continue to work on scheduling in all of these true passions in my life, I've had to let myself come to terms with the fact that my current season of life isn't going to always accommodate all of that every day. I work full-time, I have a very special needs kitty as well as other kitties and a pup deserving of the best life possible, I have a home and yard in need of tending, and you get the idea. So, a lot of days, I have to just accept that all I can do is my best, even if doing my best means not every single thing gets done)

4. My computer search history includes a book called Slimer and the movie Longlegs.
(I'm really in the mood for all things horror and it's-almost-Halloween sorts of things these days, so anytime I hear about a scary book or movie I might enjoy, I look it up. Those were two of the most recent that intrigued me and so warranted an internet search.)

Now it's your turn!
To add your link to the Friendly Fill-Ins Linky list, just click HERE!
You can also click on the badge below to add your link.


You are also welcome to complete the fill-ins in the comments below,
or in the comments on Ellen's blog, 15andmeowing.



***

Today, Eddy would love everyone to be reminded how much she loves her treats.


For years, Eddy would never touch a single treat I put in front of her.

 
It wasn't until one day when I ordered treats online and was sent a flavor that wasn't a favorite of the other kitties in the house, so I thought I'd just see if Eddy would change her mind on treats. And she did. She loved that fishy flavor that we received, and now she'll actually eat almost any flavor.


For the record, though, Eddy only wants Friskies Part Mix treats.


Eddy has admittedly gained too much weight from me doling out too many treats. I'm trying to work on giving her less, but I'll admit I find it very difficult to tell her no when she's adorably begging for them.

Happy Friday, friends!



***
Flashback Doodle of the Day




***
Tip of the Day

We're still in the midst of our series of tips all about decorating your home around your furbabies. Today's tip on that topic involves protecting your furniture from kitty claw. After all, cats have claws. That's simply part of who they are. That being said, that doesn't mean there aren't safe, humane ways of protecting your furniture from those claws.

To begin, of course place cat scratchers throughout your house in order to give your cat appropriate places to use their claws. Cats often like to scratch as a more or less territorial display, so make sure that at least some of their scratchers are somewhere visible and in the open. You can also place a scratcher near any furniture to which your furbaby's claws gravitate. This way, your kitty can have an appropriate scratching location where you can immediately redirect them should they begin to use the furniture instead.

We recently mentioned this next idea in another tip, but we'll say it again. To protect your furniture from cat claws while also giving your cat a proper place to scratch, you can wrap sisal rope around furniture legs, rails of staircases, and other similar locations. Again, this not only protects those home features from cat claws, but also simultaneously gives your cat another appropriate place to use their claws. Another potential form of protection against cat claws for your furniture is a heavy-duty couch or chair cover.

As we said above, cats indeed have claws. Those claws are simply part of who they are. While those claws can sometimes find their way to furniture, there are proper ways to combat this. Simply research types of scratchers for your kitty to use, create your own scratchers using sisal rope, or find another way to protect the furniture while also treating your kitty and their claws in a humane way. When your kitty scratches furniture, calmly redirect them to a proper cat scratcher, so that they can learn where they should and should not sharpen those claws of theirs. Of course, also don't forget to regularly trim your kitty's nails.

4 comments:

Yvonne said...

I feel the same way about the Olympics. I don't watch. Eddy is so cute with the treats. My girls love their treats and I try not to overdo it, but they love them so much. Have a great weekend!

messymimi said...

I'm with you, I have to be pretty bad off for clothes before I will bother going shopping for them.

Thanks for showing off the beautiful Eddy!

pilch92 said...

I enjoyed all your answers. All one can do is their best- I know you will achieve all your goals. You are so young still. Cute shots of Eddy and I like the drawing. Excellent tips too- I need to wrap some chairs with sisal. XO

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Mudpie's favorites are Party Mix too! (Second to squeezies, of course.) I have no interest in the Olympics either, and I only buy new clothes when it's something cat-related!