Friday, June 17, 2016

Fill-Ins and Toesies

Friday! That means it's high time for the weekend, some rest and relaxation, and today's Friendly Fill-Ins challenge.


This fun challenge is is hosted by our furiends at 15andmeowing and McGuffy's Reader. The fill-ins they crafted this weeks are:
  1. The best brand of _________ is _________.
  2. I refuse to buy __________ unless there is a sale or a coupon.
  3. I am inspired by _________.
  4. Whenever _________, I _________.
I put my mind to work (it only hurt a little), and here are my results:
  1. The best brand of peanut butter is Jif. (I'll admit, I'm a bit of a snob when it comes to my peanut butter. I love peanut butter and eat it every single day, but pretty much only if it's Jif. Of course, this is just my humble opinion!)
  2. I refuse to buy new clothes unless there is a sale or a coupon. (I really don't like to shop, most especially for clothes. Honestly, I much prefer to simply wear my favorite clothes for years. And when those poor ragged things start to look their age, it takes a really enticing sale to compel me to shop for new ones. No one's ever accused me of being a fashionista, that's for sure.)
  3. I am inspired by emotional support animals. (I'm truly inspired by all forms of service animals, but recent stories of emotional support animals in Orlando have been especially touching. These animals are beyond amazing, able to offer boundless unconditional love and to inspire much needed hope for those most in need of it. And these animals will do this whenever and wherever their handlers ask of them, no questions asked. I think we could learn a lot from these special creatures.) 
  4. Whenever I feel stressed or down, I get my furry snuggles on. (Honestly, there is no better medicine than a furbaby.)
We hope to see lots of our furiends complete these fill-ins as well. They're great fun, and a perfect way to get to know our blogging buddies even better!
And now, as has become tradition in our Friday posts, my active girl Eddy will show off some of the so-so shots taken during one of her many short-lived photo shoots. She chose these two shots to show you today:

Even the most active of kitties has to stop every once in a while to taste her toesies.

"Mom! Were you peeping on my toesies tasting session?!?"

We hope all our furiends have a lovely Friday!


***
Our Tip of the Day:
Did you know that cats meow primarily for the sake of communicating with us humans? Once they reach adulthood, cats don't typically meow at each other. They have other primary means of communicating with each other, such as body language. Those meows we know so well, therefore, are especially for us! That being said, if your kitty is talking to you, pay attention. Meowing is truly a means of communication. A meow can mean that your kitty is hungry, bored, lonely, in pain, or any number of things. So, please don't ignore that talkative kitty of yours. After all, those meows are just for you!

17 comments:

Suzanne McClendon said...

What a sweet thought, that their meows are just for us!

The photos of your kitty are adorable. I wish I was as flexible as most kitties are. I wouldn't lick my toes, though. haha It makes my toes tickle every time I see them lick their toes. :)

Have a blessed day.

David E. McClendon, Sr. said...

Our family eats Jif peanut butter all the time too. In fact, our Rainbow Bridge baby Xerxes has a toy elephant that sits on my desk named Jif. See Suzanne's post at ps-annie.blogspot.com to see a picture of Jif.

Hannah and Lucy said...

Thank you for all those meows - we loved meowing back to you too.

Marg said...

Those are some great fill ins. We are very inpressed by the emotional support animals. Those dogs are terrific. What could better than a nice warm dog to hug. You all have a great day.

pilch92 said...

I always enjoy your answers, thank you for participating. I am a cheapo and buy store peanut butter, I will have to try Jif. I completely agree with you about the healing power of animals and that they are the best remedy for a stressful day.
Eddy looks adorable and such clean toesies.
Great tip too. Brody meows a lot which leads me to believe he was a stray and not a feral. Have a great weekend.

Fur Everywhere said...

Carmine and Lita are emotional support animals for me. They have helped me get through some truly tough times, and I will be forever thankful to them for all the unconditional love and support they've given me over the years.

Purrseiodn said...

Totally agree with #4, though all your answers are great.

Josie Two Shoes said...

I agree that there is a big difference in peanut butter brands, even among the top ones. I used to think Skippy was the best, but it really isn't anymore. We think exactly alike on #2, I could care less about fashion, I am all about comfort. :-) You are so right on #3, animals have the ability to connecting with and comfort people in a way that humans sometimes can't. They always seem to know just the right thing to do, and as you note, they never judge, they just love. We could all learn from that! My furkids are my best source of comfort too, purrs are heart-healing medicine for sure!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

My mum is the same and waits for things to be on sale before she buys them. Jif used to be the name of a cleaning product here, but they changed it some time ago to Cif. We also have pure lemon juice for cooking in a lemon shaped container called Jif.
When mum was laid up with a badly broken leg years ago, dad used to do the shopping. She wrote Jif on the list meaning the cleaner and he brought home the lemon.The silliest thing was that he knows she hates the taste of lemon.

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

We can't resist peeping at you, Eddy! And I completely agree with all of your answers!

Annie Bear said...

These are some great questions this week and I'm sorry I missed it. I'm pretty much with you on all your answers. I will buy clothes without a coupon however. The reason is I hate shopping but if I actually find something I like, I'll just be happy that I found something and get it unless it's too expensive.

Annie Bear said...

I accidentally hit the publish button. I wanted to also say how nice to see cute Eddy!

The Island Cats said...

Great job on the fill ins! Eddy, how do those toesies taste? Like chickeh? ;)

Three Chatty Cats said...

MOL! Toesies tasting session? Too funny!

Patricia said...

Great fill-ins! I agree with all of them.

Kitties Blue said...

First off: Smooth or Chunky? Jif Chunky only at our house. Tom probably eats PB at least six days each week. I had the same answer for #2. I think I should still be able to pay no more than $25 for a dress. My favorite store is Steinhart when things are marked down as much as 75 %. Hugs, Janet

Anonymous said...

I love your answers, especially 3 and 4. I could not agree more.

Better late than never! I always enjoy your answers and appreciate you joining in on Friendly Fill-Ins. Thank you!

Hugs!