Friday, June 10, 2016

Friday Funday

It's finally Friday! That means the weekend is within eyesight, and that it's time for this week's Friendly Fill-Ins!


The awesome challenge hosts over at 15andmeowing and McGuffy's Reader came up with these fill-ins for this week:
  1. I used to love to eat _________, but now it repulses me.
  2. I would never eat _________, but now I love it.
  3. I always cry _________.
  4. _________ always makes me laugh.
I tried to stir up some creative juices in my head, and here were the results:
  1. I used to love to eat bologna, but now it repulses me. (As a kid, I loved bologna. I'd eat bologna sandwiches all the time, and I'd eat it plain, slice by slice. Nowadays, I can't stand it. I find its texture weird and the taste sub-par, and sometimes even just the sight of it makes me a bit queasy.)
  2. I would never eat hummus until recently, but now I love it. (I always thought hummus looked kind of gross, sitting there looking all gooey and slimy in those containers at the store. I even thought its name sounded a bit too ugly and hard on the ears to consider eating it. However, my mom finally convinced me to try some recently, and now I love the stuff. I'll dip pretty much anything in it.)
  3. I always cry when I have to say goodbye to a beloved furbaby. (I guess this is obvious. Honestly, I'm not much of a cryer, and I've never been one to do it often. When I lose a furbaby, though, that goes out the window.)
  4. My little lady cat Eddy's dramatic flare always makes me laugh. (Although she is insanely shy around any and all strangers, Eddy isn't the least bit shy around me. I get to see her dramatically larger-than-life personality, and she never fails to leave me in stitches. Did you know that if Eddy gets caught being ornery or gets scolded, she will quite literally throw herself to the ground in a perfect, academy award worthy swoon? She does this often, and then never fails to look perfectly pleased with herself upon seeing that she's made her mommy laugh yet again.)
Well, those are my fill-ins. I may not be very good at it, but I find this weekly challenge quite fun! And I love visiting the others who participate and learning more about them through their fill-ins.

This Friday isn't just for fill-ins, though. It's also time for June's The Pet Blogger Bloopers Round-Up, hosted by The Lazy Pit Bull!


Each of my furbabies picked one less than ideal picture to share for their blooper today. Here were their selections:

Evan loves his tunnel. He really, really loves it, so much that sometimes he'll just roll around and flop about in it for what seems like hours. Try getting a clear shot of that (level of difficulty: impossible).

Here's my little model Thimble, giving a tutorial on how to properly lick one's butt primp before a photo shoot.

Aaaaahhhhh!!! Oh, wait, that's just Eddy yawning. I think we're safe.

Astrid's actually quite proud of this shot, and I guess it's not really a blooper, as far as bloopers go. But, Astrid wanted to show it off today. Why? Because this mommy didn't want to use it in Astrid's post from earlier this week, since it made it look like this little angel (ahem) was snarling when in fact she was not. Astrid and I compromised and decided that this not so snarling angel could be displayed as a blooper. So, here it is.

We hope all of our furiends have a wonderful Friday! Does anybuddy have any fun plans for the weekend?


***
Our Tip of the Day:
For your furbaby's sake, don't always believe what you hear. For example, while it is said by some that cats will always land on their feet, this is certainly not always the case. In many cases, if falling from a small height, a fit kitty will be able to right itself and land on its feet. However, this is not a guarantee. And, kitties who are not ideally young and fit may have difficulty breaking even a short fall. What's more, if falling from a significant height, even the most flexible and fit cat will have no guarantee of safely breaking their fall. This being said, especially on upper levels, always be sure to keep windows, balconies, and any other access to the outdoors safe and secure.

15 comments:

Marg said...

I really like the fill-ins. And the bloopers are just the best. That happens to me all the time. They decide to move just as you click. You all have a super duper day.

pilch92 said...

Thank you for taking the time to participate in the fill-ins, I always enjoy your answers. It took me years to try hummus too and I had the same reaction- it is so good. Losing a furbaby is like losing a family member. I wish you could get Eddy in a video doing that.
Great blooper round-up, there are always lots of bloopers when photographing pets. I think Thimble would be mad at your choice for her blooper.
Great tip, I wouldn't want a cat to fall from anywhere. Another thing people say that is not true is that cats will smother babies.

Purrseiodn said...

My husband still eats bologna ... I can barely tolerate it in the 'fridge.

Kitties Blue said...

Mom hates bologna and always has and she does hate hummus as well. Our Dad eats it all the time, and it makes her gag. Answer #3 was almost identical to her's. Eddy's drama sounds like it would make all of us laugh. Your blooper photos are terrific. They made us laugh as well. XOCK, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Jo

meowmeowmans said...

Your bloopers are so much fun today! :)

I really enjoyed your fill-in answers, too. I'm with you about bologna ... even the smell sort of grosses me out now, but I used to eat it all the time as a kid. And like Eddy, Zoe's ALWAYS doing stuff to make us laugh ... so dramatic and talkative. LOVE!

Anonymous said...

So much fun! Thanks for sharing your bloopers today! We really love them, especially since we shared a similar one of our kitty Snickers! :)

Cathy Keisha said...

Whoa! so much to say. Great bloopers. Gramma's Faith once scurried past her while she was hanging wash and fell from the 2nd floor t the garden. She did land on her feet and was not injured but Gramma certainly got down the stairs fast to get her.
Re: the fill-ins. At least you didn't like liverwurst like TW did. MOL! She cries when anyone's online cat goes OTRB and she says I'm the funnest—not funniest— cat she ever had. I make her laugh almost every day.
BTW, you're featured on Foto Frenzy.

Three Chatty Cats said...

Great fill-ins and great bloopers! I like hummus too, but can't say that I was ever a fan of bologna. Happy Friday!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

These are great bloopers. Eddy sounds very funny throwing herself on the ground if she is scolded. I wouldn't eat hummus either for a long time. The name and the look of it put me off, but now I love it.

The Swiss Cats said...

Great filll-ins, and nice bloopers ! Purrs

Timmy Tomcat said...

Great Fill ins and Bloop Bloop Bloopers! We finally joined in this week. What fun
Purrs

The Island Cats said...

What great bloopers! And we like your fill in answers. The mom says she liked bologna as a kid too. But as an adult, she doesn't think she's ever eaten it. Strange.

Anonymous said...

Aaaaaaaw Great fotos. Mommy says she never liked bologna and me can tell ya' me's never had it. Have a great weekend.

Luv ya'

Dezi

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

OMC we're so much alike it's scary...I feel the same way about bologna and I've recently come to *adore* hummus. I might even be a tad obsessed with it LOL!

Patricia said...

I forgot about bologna (we called it baloney) I never liked it and wouldn't consider eating it now. I had to say good-bye to two catkids in a year. I think the vet thought she was going to have get me medical help I was so upset.