Friday, April 7, 2017

F is for...

We'll hop right to it with our A to Z Challenge drawing for the day. Speaking of hopping, today is the day for the letter F.


Did you know that we have a frog in our very own family? Those of you who have been reading our blog for a while now might remember meeting this frog in the past. It's an old frog. As in, my family adopted this frog when I was 10 years old, because a friend of a friend was going to flush it. Why? Because it had a tendency to eat fish. Well, we informed these people that they better just hand the frog over to us, and we would let it live in a tank all to itself, therefore solving the fish-eating problem. Anyway, that was something like 18 years ago. Yes, the frog is somewhere around 18 years old. Oh, and the kitties just love trying to make friends with it.

Now, though, hopping to our next bit of business, we land at the Friendly Fill-Ins challenge, hosted by our friends over at 15andmeowing and McGuffy's Reader.


We have some great fill-ins to work with this week, thanks to our fantastic hosts.

1. I don't understand why _________ is so popular.
2. My in case of emergency person is _________.
3. There is so much _________!
4. I would be lost without _________.

I don't know if did these justice, but I sure tried!

1. I don't understand why plastic surgery is so popular.
(I've always been of the mind that aging gracefully is the way to go. I understand that in some cases, cosmetic surgery is for legitimate, reasonable, and medically sound reasons. However, when it comes to augmenting certain parts of the body just to go up a few sizes or to match some arbitrary societal standard, I don't get it. I simply cannot wrap my head around it. So many celebrities do it these days, and I find that sort of disheartening. Why would someone want to look or feel or be plastic? There really is so much beauty in aging gracefully, if you ask me.)

2. My in case of emergency person is my mom.
(My mom, my dad, and my sister are all listed as my emergency contacts in various cases, but I think it really comes down to my mom. Honestly, I still have to call her to ask what my bank account numbers are, so I think she's the one for the job.)

3. There is so much to learn!
(I realize each and every day just how little I know. Between work, my furbabies, my family, technology, life in general, and all the in between day-to-day stuff, I will never stop learning. And, honestly, I'm okay with this. I think it would be quite boring to know everything. I think that uphill battle of learning life's lessons is often exactly what we need.)

4. I would be lost without my furbabies.
(Really, I don't know what I'd do without them Who else would wake me up at 4 am by stomping all over my face, just to make sure that I'm still breathing? And who else would remind me what time breakfast is, and second breakfast, and lunch, and snack, and second and third snack, and pre-dinner and dinner? In all honesty, though, nothing says unconditional love like those sweet little furballs in our lives, and I really would be lost without them.)


And what's next? Eddy! Well, Eddy heard that Evan and Thimble, and even sort of pup Astrid, all showed off their peepers this week. So, although sitting perfectly still was not quite possible for this active little lady, Eddy did her best to snap a shot of her little green eye to share with all of you.


The eyes have it!

We are wishing all of our furiends a happy Friday!



***
Our Tip of the Day:
With Spring comes the shedding of your furbaby's winter coat. This time of year, when your pup or kitty is more heavily losing their fur, do be sure to regularly groom them. Combing your pup or kitty helps keep them from having to remove all of that excess fur themselves, which can in turn help prevent vomiting and other consequences of hairballs in the gastrointestinal tract. Combing also of course helps prevent tangles and mats, which can be uncomfortable and even painful for your furbaby. In addition, regular combing can help your furniture, rugs, and clothing to have maybe even just a tad bit less hair buildup. And don't forget, for furbabies who might not always enjoy being combed, toys, treats, and short bouts of combing can help get the necessary job done. Groom away!

12 comments:

Marg said...

That is such a cute froggie. Love the drawing. And Eddy, what a great picture of you. You all have a wonderful day.

pilch92 said...

That frog is adorable. I did not know you had a pet frog or that they could live so long, very cool. Thank you for participating in the fill-ins, I always enjoy your answers. I am glad you have a wonderful Mom, I do too :) I wish everyone were so lucky. I don't know why plastic surgery is so popular either, sad that some need to do that to feel good about themselves. I would be lost without my furbabies too, I am glad mine don't get me up quite that early though. Great shot of Eddy's beautiful eye, she has built in eyeliner :) Great tip too, most of my cats like to be brushed and then there is Snowball who gets a lion cut every summer because she won't let me touch her let alone brush her. Have a nice weekend.

da tabbies o trout towne said...

guyz....waddya meen de frog waz eatin fish..........faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.... !!

N yur momz rite bout de ole plastic sir jerry stuff....eeeeeega...can ya imagine like when thoze peepulz iz like 80 what ther partz iz gonna bee like....UGH ~~~~~~~

happee fryday everee one ! ☺☺♥♥

Momma Kat and Her Bear Cat said...

Holy lily pad! I had no idea frogs lived that long! Beautiful close up of Eddy ... she's such a pretty girl.
ps - I'd be lost without Bear Cat too. No one in my family really gets it ... and that's okay.

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

I had no idea frogs lived so long, and I can't believe someone would think about flushing one! Great answers and I agree with you all around, especially #4!

Annie Bear said...

Your frog drawing is so cute, and dare I say, cuter than the real thing (sorry!). I think it's so neat your family saved your frog and that he's 18 years old! I am totally with you on #4!! Regarding #1, it's easy to say when you're young. :) Really, though, I completely agree. It's hard, though, for some people when everyone around them is getting plastic surgery to look younger. I can see where one would feel insecure. The answer to that is to not hang out with those people! It has its purpose like you mentioned (I think of bad accidents or war), but other than that, it's mind blowing how many people get it for purely cosmetic reasons. I can't remember but I read the statistics once and was amazed how many people have done it.

Eddy is so pretty! Wow!

Suzanne McClendon said...

What a cute frog picture. :) We have a pet frog, too. It adopted us. It decided it wanted to be an inside frog instead of an outside frog. I don't blame it. It is hot out there! Our frog is named Vivaldi. What is your frog's name?

I agree with you about plastic surgery. I don't understand putting oneself at such risk for vanity. When there are medical reasons for it, I understand it completely. Like Annie Bear said, war and accidents, completely understandable. If a woman has battled breast cancer, won the fight, but had to have a mastectomy in the process, then yeah, go for it. Or to get a reduction because they are so large that they cause back problems/pain. I understand the need in those cases. But, to go have augmentation done just because your chest doesn't measure up to what some man or society thinks it should measure up to, no. I don't see it. If a man doesn't like you just because you are a 32a instead of a 36EEE or something, then he isn't worth your time anyway. Beauty comes in all sizes. We need to make sure our girls (and boys!) know this. Our beauty shouldn't be determined by our size, large or small, short or tall. True beauty goes much deeper than skin.

I love your answer to #4. Got to have those life checks. :)

That's a nice picture of Eddy's eye. Have a blessed weekend!



Cathy Keisha said...

Whoa! That's an old frog! Is his name Freddie? MOL! Eye don't unnerstand plastic surgery either. Humans are always messing with something so they don't look like themselves. TW worked with someone who has her thighs or something lipo'd and was in agony for quite awhile.

meowmeowmans said...

Your frog's gotcha story is amazing. Thank you and your fam for saving him!

Your answer for number one is spot on. Aging is part of life, and so many of the people who get plastic surgery look unnatural and alien-esque. So not worth it!

Love your peeper, Eddy!

David E. McClendon, Sr. said...

We are fortunate in a way. It doesn't really get cold here. Our pets don't seem to grow a winter coat. I have not noticed any shedding on the grand-dog.

Anonymous said...

First: I LOVE THAT PICTURE! Nice, Eddy! Okay...your answers are wonderful, too. Plastic surgery seems so "plastic". Real is always better. I can understand it if there is a physical issue, but vanity is just an endless vacuum. Sad. Our furkids are our family. Yes, we need them. HUGS!

Kitties Blue said...

We never stop learning. Mom says she learns something new everyday; though, at her age she may not remember what it is. Cat's have the most gorgeous eyes. XOCK, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Angel Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth, Calista Jo and Cooper Murphy