Thursday, April 20, 2017

Q is for...

There's no denying it, I wasn't particularly looking forward to the letter Q in the A to Z Challenge. We've been adding all sorts of animals and critters to our A to Z Menagerie, but then we came to Q. I like myself a good challenge, but what on earth was I going to do with the letter Q? I had thought of a quail, and was certain that would become the newest addition to our alphabetical menagerie today. But, when I recently sat down to draw that Q of a bird, and I just wasn't feeling it.

So, what was an alphabetical doodler to do then? Consult the world wide web, of course! I searched for animals that begin with the letter Q. The list was short, no matter where I looked, there's no doubt about that. But, that doesn't mean the trusty internet left me empty-handed. Those Q animals are out there, even if I had never heard of half of them before.

Speaking of animals I had never before heard of, can anyone guess what this is?


Any guesses? Anyone? It's a quokka! That's right, a quokka, which just so happens to be an Australian marsupial, much like a smaller version of a kangaroo. Despite having already drawn a kangaroo for the letter K, I saw a picture of a quokka and knew I simply had to draw the little cutie. So, there you have it. Q is for Quokka!


Okay, Thimble's been patient, but now she's making it clear that it's her turn. After all, Thursdays are supposed be none other than Thimble Thursday posts, thank you very much. So, what has the little model been up to?


Enjoying window whiffies! What better way to spend the day than that?


Of course, Thimble had to take a break from the window in order to give her whiskers a proper sunbath. A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.

Thimble is adding her gratitude for window whiffies and sunlit whiskers to Brian's Thankful Thursday Blog Hop.


We have so very much to be thankful for, including all of you!



***
Our Tip of the Day:
Don't forget to change your home's air filter! This time of year, when dust and pollen and all sorts of allergens are running rampant, it's important that a fresh and clean home filtration system is in check. This is especially crucial for furbabies as well as people with airborne allergies and asthma, as the air filter can play a significant role in removing respiratory aggressors from the environment. So, in order to help both the four-legged and two-legged household residents breathe easy, make sure that your air is being filtered well.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

I have never heard of a quokka before, but he sure looks cute. The things you can learn online!

Marg said...

Well, I sure never heard of a Quokka before but very interesting to hear about them. Great drawing. Thimble, those whiskers are just the best. You all have a great day.

Anonymous said...

I am glad you did the quokka. I think he is adorable.

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

We love quokkas! Mom has one as a screensaver on her computer. There are pictures of people taking selfies with them and they are too cute and funny. Just google quokka selfies and get ready for lots of smiles and laughs!

pilch92 said...

Very cute quokka, I had never heard of one before so I learned something new. Much better than a quail. Thimble is so adorable. And that is a great tip.

Brian's Home Blog said...

Dang, I hadn't heard of that critter either! Howdy Thimble and thanks for joining the Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

Anonymous said...

Thimble be lookin' so bootyful. Gotta say, da quoka looks a lot like a rat. MOL Is he edible? MOL Big hugs

Luv ya'

Dezi and Raena

The Daily Pip said...

Well, thank you very much. I have learned something knew. Never heard of Quokka before

da tabbies o trout towne said...

total lee awesum up cloze two day thimble !!! N hay, we lurned sum thin two day; we never hurd oh a quokka....how kewl....momz drawing iz two !! ☺☺♥♥

Mariodacat said...

Oh Thimble sweetie, nothing like a good window whiffie followed by a sun puddle. Ahhh, life is good. Thanks for the lesson on a Q animal. We never ever heard of that one before, and he's a cute little fellow too.

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

I've never, ever heard of a quokka! He sure is cute though!