Here are today's fill-ins that our clever hosts came up with:
1. The flu shot _________.
2. I think everyone should take _________ daily.
3. I (almost) always _________, because _________.
4. I (almost) never _________, because _________.
And, here are my fill-ins filled in:
1. The flu shot did not help my mom this year.
(My mom got the shot, and within a couple of weeks she had the full-blown flu. I'm naughty and I didn't get the flu shot. I did indeed get the flu, but then again, so did my mom, despite the fact that she had the shot.)
2. I think everyone should take time to herself/himself daily.
(A moment of peace and quiet to yourself can do a lot for a person. At least, it does for me. Of course, I also don't mind if a kitty—or two, or three—joins me during my quiet alone time.)
3. I (almost) always wake up to kitty cuddles, because Thimble is a cuddle bug.
(On most mornings, Thimble wakes me up by walking and rolling all over me, even lovingly slapping me in the face if I don't wake quickly enough for her taste. I love it. Evan and Eddy will also do some cuddling, but Thimble is by far my biggest cuddle bug. Once she starts cuddling you, your sleepy time is done. That's why she also makes a great alarm clock.)
4. I (almost) never skip breakfast, because it's the most important meal of the day.
(I love food, there's no denying that. So, I'm never likely to skip a meal, especially not breakfast. Breakfast is also often my biggest, most filling meal of the day. I know a lot of people out there simply need a cup of coffee to kickstart their day. That's not me, though, because I've never liked coffee. Instead, I kickstart my day with a giant breakfast. Of course, the kitties get fed well before me. That's only fair. Oh, and in case you were wondering, unlike the kitties and myself, pup Astrid almost always refuses to eat breakfast.)
1. What was the last thing you put in your mouth? Fish food. My mom fed the fish, so of course I stole some.
2. Where was your header pic taken? My mom drew it. I tried to take her markers so that I could play with them, but she was a killjoy.
3. Worst pain you ever felt? I think I got a head injury when I was trapped out in the wild by the wonderful rescue group who led me to my mom. I'm told that may be why I have a head tilt and facial nerve paralysis. Oh well. I love my mom and my home, and I own my head tilt and facial nerve paralysis, so the trapping was worth it. (Though, I still find any and all cages pure evil.)
4. Favorite place you've traveled? No, no, no. The PTU is the devil.
5. How late did you stay up last night? I only take speed naps.
6. If you could move, where to? No, no, and no again. If a PTU is in any way involved, I'm out.
7. What do you collect? My mom's watches. She's had to buy 3 new ones since she adopted me, because I swipe them when she's not looking. I take them up into the box-spring of her bed, where I created a cave in which to stash all of my loot.
8. Which of your blogging friends lives the closest? Laila and Minchie are only a couple of hours away.
9. Amusement park or concert? I turn anything and everything into an amusement park. I also like to put on concerts for my mom, though. I really like to talk to her.
10. When was the last time you cried? Last night, when I could see the bottom of my food bowl.
11. Who took your header photo? My mom used her (really fun to steal) markers to make it.
12. Who's the last person you took a photo with? MOL! That's funny. Let's go with no one, because I don't allow many photos of me to be snapped.
13. What's your favorite season? I'll happily stare out the window no matter the season.
14. If you could have any career, what would it be? My mom says I'm a proper kleptomaniac, so let's go with that.
15. Do you think relationships are ever worth it? Only the one I have with my mom (no one else is allowed to touch me, let alone see me). Oh, and I do love my fursibs, especially Evan.
16. If you could talk to anyone right now, who would it be? My mommy! I don't like when she leaves for work.
17. Are you a good influence? I could teach you all kinds of skills!
18. Does pineapple belong on pizza? I wouldn't know. I refuse to eat anything but my favorite dry kitty food. And fish food, of course.
19. You have the remote, what are you watching? My fish aquarium. Someone else can have the remote.
20. Whom do you think will play along? I'm told our housemate Toby is answering these tomorrow, so can he by my answer?
Remember how in #12 up there I said that I don't allow many photos of me to be snapped? Well, sometimes my mom steals photos of me anyway. This is one of those stolen shots.
It's all blurry and blue-toned, but that's what my mom gets for stealing a shot of me. Oh, and speaking of stealing, my mom doodled a drawing of me and titled it "Time Thief".
Isn't that rude? Just because I swipe her watches (see #7 in my questionnaire above) doesn't mean I'm a thief. Right?
Well, anyway, happy Friday to all of you!
Our Tip of the Day:We thought we were all done with kitchen safety tips, but we actually have at least one more for you. Today's kitchen tip is to be aware of how safe your appliances are for your furbaby. For example, do you have a toaster as well as a furbaby with extra curious paws? A toaster that is in use can cause burns to a furbaby if they stick their paw inside, or even possibly if they get too close to it. Burns can also be caused coffee makers, as well as popcorn makers or anything else that requires heat for use. If you use any such appliances, do be sure to monitor them and your furbaby when they are in use. If need be, unplug appliances when not in use, or even stash away those that are small, if that is needed for optimum safety for your furbaby. Such safety precauions might be necessary, for example, if you are concerned that your kitty or pup could accidentally push the toaster levers or start the coffee maker when you are not supervising them. We'll say it again—it's better to be safe than sorry!