Monday, January 7, 2019

A Mancat Monday Snooze

Does anyone else feel like taking a week-long nap after the holidays? Evan sure does.



YAWN!

Warm and restful wishes to all!



***
Our Doodle of the Day:

Today's doodle isn't Christmasy in subject matter, but it does still sort of relate to Christmas, because I scribbled it up as a little Christmas gift for my mother.


That's Angel Rosie sewing a quilt, as you may or may not be able to tell. My mom was very close to Rosie, just like I was, and my mom also enjoys sewing. That is the basic explanation behind this doodle I created for my mom.



***
Our Tip of the Day:

Today's discussion on shelters for outdoor ferals in the winter is to make sure you regularly check said shelters, to ensure that they are in good condition. Such checks should include looking for leaks and making sure that the shelter is dry inside. It is also, of course, important to look for broken or loose parts and pieces. These sorts of checks are especially important after storms or high winds, in order to ensure that no parts of the shelter broke loose or are posing a risk to the cats using the shelter.

In addition to regularly checking outdoor cat shelters for damage, also check to make sure that the shelters are clean and as sanitary as possible. If you are using straw as bedding in the shelter, regularly check it for dirt or excrement, and determine if it needs replaced or replenished. If cloth bedding material is being used, regularly check to make sure that it is dry and clean, and remedy it if it is not. There are many factors that go into maintaining a comfortable and clean shelter for ferals, also of course including food availability. So, if you are caring for outdoor cats, try to regularly check shelters to ensure that all is well and safe for potential inhabitants.

11 comments:

Carry Loves Cats said...

I sure would like another week to get back into the swing of things.

Fr. Tom Fish said...

We'd like to snooze on that very quilt you sketched! - Tom x

The Island Cats said...

Evan, we've been snoozing since New Year's Day! Those holidays are exhausting!

Eastside Cats said...

Oh yes, I check the straw in The Cat Hotel! At first, I was afraid that I was scaring The PO'M and Sweetie, but over time have learned that they consider The Cat Hotel as their home, and they have always come back to it.

The Swiss Cats said...

Enjoy your nap, Evan ! Purrs

Connie - Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

there is just something about sleepy kitties that makes me sleepy..

messymimi said...

A good, long week of napping would do all of us a world of good about now!

pilch92 said...

Evan is such a cutie. Yes, a week long nap sounds good. Very cute drawing for your mom. I am enjoying the blankets she made, well, the cats are- I have yet to steal it back. :) Excellent tips too.

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

What a sweet doodle! Evan you're making me sleepy!

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

that's how my Mom feels about now. Love, Cody

Marg said...

Oh Evan, you look so comfy. Glad you are getting in a good nap.