Saturday, January 5, 2019

The Final Christmas Countdown

Today is the final, Twelfth Day of Christmas. Obviously, we do indeed have a bit of Christmas art to share for the Caturday Art blog hop. I wanted to doodle up something with some of my favorite Christmas imagery, which includes that classic red truck, a dash of snow, a Christmas tree, a cozy fireplace, lots of red and green, and of course some furbabies. In an attempt to wrap that all up into one festive scene, I ended up with this:


Some of you may be happy to hear, and some of you may cringe to hear, that tomorrow we will still have one last piece of Christmas art. After all, tomorrow is what is known in the Christmas season as the Epiphany, as well as Three Kings' Day. So, the Christmas goodness isn't over quite yet. Stay tuned tomorrow to see what we have to share with you as our final Christmas doodle! Don't get me wrong, though, I plan on doing plenty of winter doodles that will probably still be infused with a little dash of Christmas magic here and there. I can't let Christmas go that easily.

Merry Twelfth Day of Christmas!




***
Our Tip of the Day:

We are still working through our series of tips on caring for outdoor feral and stray cats in the cold winter months, and we're currently still on the topic of shelters. If you do care for feral or other outdoor cats, if possible, try to offer more than one shelter. These could even be just multiple plain and simple shelters, and even makeshift ones that allow cats to find some form of respite from direct exposure to the elements. Having multiple shelter areas can allow for more cats to find a potentially safe and warm place to spend a cold day or night. Multiple shelters can especially, of course, help reduce competition, especially amongst cats who might not get along and therefore might not readily share shelter space. Putting shelters in multiple locations is also a way to reduce competition and to allow more outdoor cats to find a safe place to stay in the winter. You can also offer varying shelter types, such as those made from different construction materials and those with different internal layouts. This could help cater to feral or other outdoor cats who might be picky about where they are comfortable staying. Offering any shelter at all, even just one, is of course incredibly beneficial to outdoor cats in the cold winter. If you are able to offer more than one shelter, though, do consider this as a way to enable more cats to be safe and warm in the winter.

14 comments:

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

3 Kings Day? Does that mean you can sniff some Myrrh?

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Your art is always adorable. I should take my decorations down by midnight tonight, but I always leave it until the morning of the 6th.

Eastside Cats said...

I have cardboard boxes out for Sweetie and The PO'M to lay in when they feel like it. I replace them with new ones, after the old one's get too wet and start to slouch.

Catscue Cat Mom said...

That is a good tradition, I'll have to give it a try next year! Darling doodle today.

Carry Loves Cats said...

Your drawings make me want to start drawing. I can't draw for my life, so maybe now is the time to learn. I could add it to my list of 40 things to do before I'm 40!

The Swiss Cats said...

We love Epiphany ! We always get a piece of 'Galette des Rois', a type of flat cake. It has a toy crown cooked inside it and is decorated on top with a gold paper crown. The one who gets the piece with the toy crown is the King, and has to wear the paper crown. Do you celebrate like this in the US ? Purrs

pilch92 said...

Very nice drawing. I am glad you are not putting the season away yet. We leave everything up for The 3 Kings, which is also my hubby's b'day. After that, I will put the nativity away, but I leave anything with snow and snowmen out until Feb. 1st. Excellent tips too. XO

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

In my opinion people are way too quick to get rid of Christmas! I love that you keep it going :) My tree usually stays up until mid-month!

Cathy Keisha said...

Looks great. I always thought the Epiphany WAS the 12th Day of Christmas since it's 12 days after the 25th. I began counting on the 26th. Happy Little Christmas!

messymimi said...

Your doodles are fun, i like them no matter the season. Three Kings Day is the start of Carnival season here, we start having king cakes. Swiss Cats, people here used to use a small bean in the king cake, now we use a small plastic baby to represent the Christ Child. Yes, whoever finds the piece with the baby is king for the day, but also has to provide the next cake!

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

Love the snow globe

meowmeowmans said...

Love this drawing. We are glad you observe the 12 days of Christmas! We are sad that some people feel like it's over on 12/16!

Athena Cat Goddess Wise Kitty said...

Great doodle!

Purrs xx
Athena and Marie

The J-Cats said...

We love your doodles. OUR Human couldn't draw to save her life.