Friday, July 30, 2021

Friendly Fill-Ins and Photo Fails

Hello and happy Friday, friends! We're ready for the Friendly Fill-Ins challenge. If you'd like to play along, please do! My co-host Ellen of 15andmeowing came up with the first two fill-in statements, and I came up with the second two.


1. Only someone with a _________ would understand _________.

2. I just started _________.

3. I find it hard to believe that _________.

4. I should probably _________.


My answers are below in bold.

1. Only someone with a cat or dog would understand unconditional love.
(Really, any companion animal can and will show a person what true unconditional love is. Our furry friends don't care who you are, what you look like, what you do for a living, or anything like that. Unconditional love at its finest.) 

2. I just started reading a new book series that I'm thoroughly enjoying.
(It's a fantasy series, because my bookworm of a dad read me fantasy books when I was a child and I never looked back. Actually, this series was recommended to me by none other than my dad. It's called The Uncanny Kingdom series, and it has witches and warlocks and ghosts and all that fantastical jazz. If that's not your sort of thing, definitely steer clear. As for me, though, I'm excited to have a new, long series to read and enjoy.)

3. I find it hard to believe that there are people who don't like animals.
(How is that even possible? I very rarely get along with such people.)

4. I should probably schedule Tonks and Thimble's annual exams very soon.
(Both of these girls aren't due until later in August, but our vet clinic is starting to really schedule out. The vets, vet techs, and all the staff there are great. That means they're getting increasingly popular, which in turn means you have to schedule pretty far ahead sometimes. I don't mind that, but I really should call them in the next couple of days to make sure Tonks and Thimble are seen in August.)


Now it's your turn!
To add your link to the Friendly Fill-Ins Linky list, just click HERE!
You can also click on the badge below to add your link.


You are also welcome to complete the fill-ins in the comments below,
or in the comments on Ellen's blog, 15andmeowing.



***

And now it's time for the Pet Photo Fails Blog Hop, hosted by none other than Melissa and Mudpie of Melissa's Mochas, Mysteries, & Meows.


As always, our resident blooper queen Eddy is all ready for this event. Today, you get to see a completely uncooperative Eddy, a cat tree that has seen far better days, and a dirty window. Enjoy!



Happy Friday, friends!



***
Flashback Doodle of the Day

We're sharing one more weird and wacky 2019 doodle that was sort of inspired by the Harry Potter series. So, here's a flying car and its feline passengers.




***
Tip of the Day

Today's tip in our litter box series is to, if or as needed, go for a DIY litter box. This could simply entail picking out a plastic storage container to use, rather than getting a typical plastic litter box. This method might save you money, as some litter boxes cost a decent amount, and some storage containers are inexpensive. You would especially save money if you already have a safe, sturdy, clean storage container not in use, which could therefore be converted into a litter box. Going for a makeshift litter box is might be a good option if your cat, or even the layout of your home, requires a size of container that is difficult to find in the world of litter boxes. For example, if your cat is on the extra large side, and has trouble maneuvering in even some of the larger litter boxes on the market, you could purchase a giant storage container and convert into a litter box better suited for your cat. If the sides of a storage container are especially tall, potentially hindering a cat's ability to climb in, you can cut away part of one side to create a doorway, as long as you ensure no sharp edges result. 

There might be a number of reasons why the litter boxes you see at the pet store might not work the best for your cat, yourself, of your home. If this is the case, consider what other containers could be used as a DIY litter box. Of course, though, above all else, almost make sure any box you use is safe, and that your kitty approves.

9 comments:

Eastside Cats said...

Yes, make vet appointments now!
It was a miracle that I got The PO'M in as quickly as I did, but scheduling his dental is going to be an issue, because I want it done NOW!

Yvonne said...

Great fill ins. Definitely agree with #1. My answer is sort of similar to yours. I find it hard to believe there are people who don't like animals too.

Hope you have a great weekend!

Elza Reads said...

Hi there!

I also can't believe that there are people out there who don't like animals. Oh the joy they bring.

I normally forget to book the fur babies' check-up, luckily the vet reminds me!

I will do my pet photo fail post on Monday! We are away for the weekend and I won't be taking my devices with. Internet very slow where we are going....

Have a good weekend!

Elza Reads

messymimi said...

Hello, Eddy!

Some of the people who don’t care much for animals were simply not raised with them for one reason or another. One friend of mine has had severe allergies to dogs and cats his whole life, so has never been around pets or had one. He simply doesn’t see that as important, as it’s not even on his radar except to invite people to his house instead of going to others’ homes where he might be overcome with an allergy attack.

pilch92 said...

I enjoyed all your answers and I am with you completely on #1 and 3. I can't be friends with any person that doesn't like animals and understand they are part of a family. Our vets are scheduled out too. I don't understand why there is such a vet shortage everywhere. Fun photo fails of Eddy and adorable drawing. Excellent tips too. Have a wonderful weekend. XO

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

MOL those are some pretty impressive bloopers!

World of Animals, Inc said...

Happy Friday!! We enjoyed your wonderful Friendly Fill-in answers. That is great to find a book series that you can enjoy. Thanks for sharing the funny photo fails. Have a beautiful upcoming weekend.
World of Animals Mayfair

The Island Cats said...

Those are some fine bloopers, Eddy!

Timmy Tomcat said...

We like those fill ins and what are those fails MOL. Thanks for a cute doodle too