It's Monday, which of course means it's Mancat Monday. Today in particular, mancat Evan wants to remind you all that, even though it's the Christmas season, self-care and good hygiene is still important.
We previously mentioned being cautious when using lights on your Christmas tree, due to the various hazards they pose, such as electrocution or a kitty or pup getting tangled. That being said, also be sure to keep this same concept in mind when putting up lights, or other decorations, outdoors. After all, outdoor animals, such as squirrels, birds, or stray or feral cats, can also potentially be put at risk by Christmas decorations. Try to prevent dangerous situations by taking precautions, such as never leaving any parts or pieces of decorations loose, as both indoor and outdoor babies could get tangled up or ingest something dangerous. When it comes to cords, whether indoor or outdoor, try to find a way to safely secure them, such as by taping them to a wall or the ground. You certainly don't have to forego decorations and all things festive, but do keep in mind the safety of both indoor and outdoor critters.