Hello and happy Friday, friends! We're here and ready for the Friendly Fill-Ins challenge, and we'd love for you to join us. My amazing co-host Ellen of 15andmeowing came up with the first two, and I came up with the second two.
1. I have been seeing a lot of _________.
2. _________ is a good way to make some extra money.
3. I think _________ was the decade with the best _________.
4. Lately, I've been avoiding _________.
My answer are below in bold.
My answer are below in bold.
1. I have been seeing a lot of '90s fashion coming back into style.
(As someone who grew up in the '90s, I'm not mad about this. I've always preferred the comfort of wearing baggier clothes, such as baggy jeans and t-shirts, and that was perfectly common in the '90s. As time passed, I often continued to wear such clothes even though they went out of style. But, I keep seeing such clothes on others out in the wild these days, so apparently that's back in style. If I was someone who enjoyed shopping for clothes, maybe I'd be happy to actually find clothes I like in stores again.)
(As someone who grew up in the '90s, I'm not mad about this. I've always preferred the comfort of wearing baggier clothes, such as baggy jeans and t-shirts, and that was perfectly common in the '90s. As time passed, I often continued to wear such clothes even though they went out of style. But, I keep seeing such clothes on others out in the wild these days, so apparently that's back in style. If I was someone who enjoyed shopping for clothes, maybe I'd be happy to actually find clothes I like in stores again.)
2. Pet-sitting is a good way to make some extra money.
(I don't have a lot of tips or tricks for making extra money. While I'd love to some day do so with my art and writing, the main way I occasionally make a bit of extra money is pet-sitting. I don't do a whole lot of that these days, as my full-time job and my own sweet kitties keep me busy. But, there's one family I've been pet-sitting for for decades at this point, and they always have the sweetest kitties who are so easy to care for. To this day, I still watch their kitties one or two weeks a year. They still insist on paying me, and so that's the main way I make extra money on occasion. If ever I really needed a consistent side hustle, I'm fairly certain I could get back into more regular pet-sitting for that, and so that's the only answer I have for this.)
(I don't have a lot of tips or tricks for making extra money. While I'd love to some day do so with my art and writing, the main way I occasionally make a bit of extra money is pet-sitting. I don't do a whole lot of that these days, as my full-time job and my own sweet kitties keep me busy. But, there's one family I've been pet-sitting for for decades at this point, and they always have the sweetest kitties who are so easy to care for. To this day, I still watch their kitties one or two weeks a year. They still insist on paying me, and so that's the main way I make extra money on occasion. If ever I really needed a consistent side hustle, I'm fairly certain I could get back into more regular pet-sitting for that, and so that's the only answer I have for this.)
3. I think the 1970s was the decade with the best music.
(I was going to try to think of something other than music to put for this, but I just couldn't help myself in the end. My two all-time favorite songs are both from the '70s. Those two tunes are "(Don't Fear) The Reaper" by Blue Öyster Cult and "Don't Stop Me Now" by Queen. Since those two faves of mine came out in 1976 and 1979, respectively, my musical answer has to be the '70s.)
(I was going to try to think of something other than music to put for this, but I just couldn't help myself in the end. My two all-time favorite songs are both from the '70s. Those two tunes are "(Don't Fear) The Reaper" by Blue Öyster Cult and "Don't Stop Me Now" by Queen. Since those two faves of mine came out in 1976 and 1979, respectively, my musical answer has to be the '70s.)
4. Lately, I've been avoiding home repairs.
(I haven't actually been avoiding all the repairs and such. I recently had a problematic shower fixed, and I just got an estimate and will be scheduling for my main water shut-off to be repaired since it's dripping. But, I've been dragging my feet on some of the more basic things, like replacing an old fill valve in a toilet and fixing my broken doorbell. Sometimes being an adult is just an endless cycle of fixing things, so I shouldn't be surprised, but I sure have been putting off some of the repairs for much longer than I should.)
(I haven't actually been avoiding all the repairs and such. I recently had a problematic shower fixed, and I just got an estimate and will be scheduling for my main water shut-off to be repaired since it's dripping. But, I've been dragging my feet on some of the more basic things, like replacing an old fill valve in a toilet and fixing my broken doorbell. Sometimes being an adult is just an endless cycle of fixing things, so I shouldn't be surprised, but I sure have been putting off some of the repairs for much longer than I should.)
Now it's your turn!
To add your link to the Friendly Fill-Ins Linky list, just click HERE!
You can also click on the badge below to add your link.
You are also welcome to complete the fill-ins in the comments below,
or in the comments on Ellen's blog, 15andmeowing.
***
Who's ready for an Eddy fix? I'm not sure you are ready for this. After all, this girl is so very stunning, and her eyes are so mesmerizing you might end up hypnotized by them. You've been warned.
I know I've said this so very many times here on our blog, but I love Eddy's eyes so much. I love her entire face and of course all of her in general, but her eyes are just some of the most gorgeous peepers I've ever seen.
Oh, and I just had to follow-up that wide-eyed look above with this photo below. After all, it shows Eddy's far more common, furrowed expression that she likes to give that obnoxious camera.
Oh, and I just had to follow-up that wide-eyed look above with this photo below. After all, it shows Eddy's far more common, furrowed expression that she likes to give that obnoxious camera.
Eddy and all of us here wish you a wonderful day!
***
Flashback Doodle of the DaySince I mentioned the '90s in one of my fill-in answers above, I decided to share this particular flashback doodle today. I scribbled it up a couple years ago, after watching one of my favorite and nostalgic horror films, that being the 1996 movie Scream. So, here's a kitty version of that movie's villain known as Ghostface.
***
Tip of the Day
September is National Disaster Preparedness Month. This is timely, as it's also still the season of hurricanes and other such natural disasters. Given that this month is dedicated to disaster preparedness, we'll be doing a series of tips on this topic. Our first tip in this series is a simple precursor to the more detailed ones to come. And this tip today is to please realize and understand that if a situation is not safe for you, then it's not safe for your animals. For this reason, please do absolutely everything in your ability to never leave your cats or dogs behind in the event of a disaster. If the only safe option for you is to evacuate, then that is also very likely the only safe option for your furbaby. For this reason, never wait until last minute to consider preparations and plans, as then it might be too late. Always have preparations and plans thought through or ready. We'll start discussing such preparations and plans in more detail in upcoming tips. For now, though, when it comes to potential disasters, please indeed keep in mind your furbaby's safety in addition to your own.




3 comments:
Eddy is so beautiful. Great fill ins. I like the 70's music, too, although I chose 60's for my answer today. I could have gone either way. Have a great weekend!
Super cute Eddy! You are so right about #4. I put things off as long as possible too. I enjoy pet sitting as well :)
I enjoyed all your answers. Pet sitting is a good way to earn extra cash. I have a couple of cats I do that for. Eddy is such a cutie. Nice drawing and great tips too. XO
Post a Comment