Monday, September 14, 2026

Mancat Monday: Evan's Weekday Woes

It's Mancat Monday, and today my boy Evan is looking a little unhappy. Honestly, so am I. Don't worry, everyone is fine. We're just sad it's Monday, which means cuddle time will be truncated for another 5 days. That always makes both Evan and myself so very sad.


I always look forward to weekday evenings, when I can leave work and get back to my kitties. I think that makes my kitties happy as well, which makes it that much better.

Happy Monday, friends!



***
Flashback Doodle of the Day

Today's flashback doodle is such an odd one. I've shared it and mentioned the history behind it before, but this time I'll just say that it's concept art for a certain scene in the story I'm writing. The scene of course involves the kitty character inspired by my boy Evan, as well as a lamp made of up a bunch of skulls. Weird, I know, but I saw it in my archives and thought, eh, why not share this weirdness again?




***
Tip of the Day

Yesterday's autumn safety tip revolved around helping your kitty or pup stay warm by putting out more blankets or pet beds, and keeping said napping spots off the floor. Today's tip is also about helping your furbaby stay warm as the weather cools down, but this time in the form of food. It is possible that, as the weather grows colder, our furbabies might eat more in order to stay warm.  This is because eating spurs metabolism, which can help produce warmth for the body. As it grows chilly, therefore, your kitty or pup might indeed need more food. That said, this is more likely to be the case for animals who go outside. For that and other reasons, if you have any concerns regarding your cat or dog's weight, or if they have related health issues, then of course discuss food intake with your veterinarian first.

3 comments:

pilch92 said...

Evan looks like he needs a hug. I like the drawing and your tips. XO

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Mudpie is very lucky we can cuddle anytime she wants to.

messymimi said...

Doggone work load, it’s always interfering with life.