Thursday, September 17, 2026

Thankful Thimble Thursday: A Whale of a Time

Hello and happy Thursday! Thimble is of course here and ready for Angel Brian's Thankful Thursday Blog Hop.


Today, Thimble is simply grateful that she's cute and has been so since she was a kitten.


I recently stumbled upon that old photo of kitten Thimble with her orca whale toy. We still have that toy to this day, though it's missing a fin and part of its tail, thanks to sweet angel Astrid. I decided to have Thimble pose with the whale for side-by-side photos, so here we are.

I know Thimble looks disgruntled in that second, new photo, but I promise you she's not. She's gotten into the habit of giving the camera her stern face, even when she's happy and purring. At least she's cute either way!



***

Now, let's share the fill-in statements for tomorrow's Friendly Fill-Ins challenge. My amazing co-host Ellen of 15andmeowing came up with the first two, and I came up with the second two.

1. I have been seeing a lot of _________.

2. _________ is a good way to make some extra money.

3. I think _________ was the decade with the best _________.

4. Lately, I've been avoiding _________.


We'll see you tomorrow, friends!



***
Flashback Doodle of the Day

I'm trying not to yet pick any of our flashback doodles that are completely in-your-face Halloween, but I you better believe I'm tempted to. I have so many old Halloween doodles I enjoy sharing each year, as well as quite a few new ones I'll be sharing in October, that I figure why not get a head start with them now?




***
Tip of the Day

Today is the last of our autumn pet safety tips. This one is another about wildlife, in particular predators who increase their activity during cooler weather in search of food. In some areas, this might mean an increase in the activity of coyotes, wild cats, or other predators. To such wildlife, cats as well as small or even large dogs can be considered prey on which to feed. Therefore, especially if you are in an area where coyotes, wild cats, or other predators might be present, be very cautious letting your furbabies outdoors at night and unattended. If you and your furbaby make a trip outside, keep them close to you, such as on a leash. Be sure to not only monitor your furbaby closely, but also your surroundings. Always err on the side of caution in order to keep both your furbaby and yourself safe from hungry predators and other dangers.

3 comments:

Brian's Home Blog said...

Once a cutie, always a cutie! Thanks for joining Angel Brian's Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

pilch92 said...

Cute then and now. Nice drawing and great tips. XO

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

So precious!