What's more, it's time for this week's Friendly Fill-Ins challenge!
This fun activity is hosted by our furiends over at 15andmeowing and McGuffy's Reader. They gave us the following to fill in this week:
- The best money I ever spent was _________, and the worst was _________.
- My most memorable vacation was with _________ at _________.
- It _________ when _________.
- Once, I _________.
I tried to get the creative juices flowing in my head. This was the result:
- The best money I ever spent was on my furbabies' care, and the worst was on my current laptop. (I don't keep track of how much I spend on my cats' and dog's care, because it's not something that I'd ever consider cutting back on. I'm sure that my angel Rosie by far holds the record, and I am more than okay with that. As for that laptop I bought, I'm fairly certain it's possessed.)
- My most memorable vacation was with my angel kitty Rosie at Michigan's Upper Peninsula. (Back in 2013, when Rosie was 19 years old, my family decided to go visit my uncle up in Michigan for a couple of days. Rosie was doing great at that point in time. However, she was on an armory of drugs and treatments for her renal disease, and she had proven that she was only willing to eat for and be medicated by those in her close family. Therefore, instead of risking boarding her or hiring a cat-sitter, we took her with us. And you know what? She did great! It was a long drive, and she spent just about the entire time curled up and snoozing and purring in my lap. As for the hotel room? She loved that, too, and acted like she owned the place.)
- It makes me laugh when my little lady cat Thimble starts a conversation with a wall. (Yep, Thimble's that cat. The one that walks over to the corner, cocks her head, and says, "Meow?" She also loves doing this to closet doors. She seems to really enjoy these conversations.)
- Once, I had scarlet fever. (I contracted strep throat a few times back in grade school, and one time it developed into scarlet fever.)
Now, how about our weekly dose of active Eddy? This week, Eddy was thoroughly unwilling to even attempt any close-up shots. Instead, she decided to spend her photo session showing off her skills at stopping, dropping, and rolling...
So there you have it. If you forgot how to do a fire drill, just ask Eddy for a demonstration.
We want to wish everybuddy a happy, fun Friday!
Our Tip of the Day:For today's tip, we've decided to revisit a previous tip that, well, debunks Eddy's above demonstration. As nice as it sounds, stopping, dropping, and rolling isn't the best way to keep your furbabies safe from a fire. In the case of a fire, preparedness is key. Be sure that you have a disaster plan ready. Should evacuation be necessary, always have pet carriers out and easy to get to for your cats and/or small dogs, as well as leashes for your bigger pups. Don't stop there, though. Have a plan for which family member will be responsible for gathering which furbaby or furbabies in the case of a fire. Or, if it's easier and possible, assign certain rooms of the house to certain family members, so that, such as in the case of a hiding furbaby, you will know that each room will be searched. And, of course, make sure you have a solid plan as to where your furbabies will be transported once gathered and evacuated. Whether it be a neighbor's, or a friend's, or a family member's, have a safe destination planned for any emergency relocation of your furbabies.
What a great trip for you and Rosie! And the UP! My very favourite place in the entire world. Yes, I love it! Thimble sounds so adorable. I love the ones who are unique, that way. Eddy is pretty cute, too!
Thanks for being part of Friendly Fill-Ins! Annie at ~McGuffy's Reader~
I love #2. What a great memory to cherish. That is so funny about Thimble's conversations!
What fun to see Eddy enjoying herself! :)
How wonderful to go on vacation with your cat. Don't know what mine would do if I did that. You are sure good at doing the fill-ins. Thimble, you sure are a character. Hope you all have a great day.
Thank you for participating in the friendly fill-ins. I enjoyed all your answers. I don't keep track of medical costs either for the same reason, I will always spend the money for their health. That vacation with Rosie sounds nice, I am glad she enjoyed it as cats don't usually like to travel.
That is too funny that Thimble likes to talk to the wall. Maybe she sees something you don't. Great tip, I keep saying I need to do a fire drill. I can't even imagine how we would get 13 cats out of the house when it is almost impossible to catch 2 of them under normal circumstances.Have a great weekend.
Great cute pictures, looks adorable fine article . Check Out My Online Store for more Cat Pendants, Jewellery, Toys, bed to Cat Lovers.
Eddy, we almost didn't see you as you blend in so well on that beautiful rug.
#3 was so funny and #2 so heart-warming. After doing the fill-ins this week, our mom hopes to continue with it. XOCK, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Jo
The second fill in is a lovely memory. Those photos of Eddy are very cute.
That's some good stop, drop and rolling. Great fill-in answers. I have family in Michigan, but I've never been to the UP. Happy Friday!
Oh goodness...if I kept track of vet bills, especially Angel Tara's, I would probably start having heart palpatations. But I never gave it a second thought. If she needed it, she got it.
We enjoyed reading your answers. Given that we are Michigan cats, we're quite familiar with the UP, though we haven't been there like you and Rosie, but the mom has been there lots of times.
We loved those photos of Eddy, and we love your answers, too! Thimble sounds like such a character ... like our Zoe. :)
Eddy could be our cat Cashew's twin!! He likes the stop, drop and roll too. Pity the one who thinks he wants a belly rub though, because he only lets me do that. Everyone else will get an easy swat as a warning.
Oh boy, cats freak me out when they do that thing where they stare at one spot on the wall all the time!! Is it a spider?! A ghost?!! WHAAAAATTT?!! LOL
We took a kitty from Texas to Nashville once to return it to my daughter after she moved there, Chloe was a great traveler and we enjoyed the trip with her! The four kitties I have do not love car rides, for them it means a trip to the vet! Oh yes, furkids who visit with invisible friends, or stare at the door when I am home alone, that can be a little unsettling! I suspect they know things we don't, and maybe it's better if they keep it to themselves! :-) Scarlet Fever is scary, I am glad you recovered ok! Eddy is adorable, what a sweet guy!
Post a Comment