What has you so deep in thought, Astrid?
(For the record, although this pup refuses to eat plenty of perfectly good
foods, like banana and apple and potato and turkey flavored dog food,
she loves mint. She's a four-legged mystery.)
Our Tip of the Day:Always be aware of potential exceptions to the rules of toxicity for your furbaby. Mint, for example, is largely nontoxic to our pups and kitties, although with some exceptions. A type of mint plant known as English pennyroyal can in fact be toxic to dogs and cats, and even to people. If ingested, especially in large quantities, it can lead to vomiting and diarrhea, and can even potentially result in liver damage or failure. This is why it is important to be aware of the types of plants that are growing in your yard and in other locations that your furbaby frequents. Because it is often harmless, mint is used in some dog and cat treats, and is therefore called for in some recipes for homemade treats. And the scent of mint can also attract some furbabies, and for some cats can have a similar effect as catnip. For all such reasons, please always be cognizant of the types of plants, including any mint, to which your furbaby might be exposed.