Friday, August 18, 2017

Fun Friday

We're ready for the weekend over here in our corner of the world. Even more so, we're ready for the Friendly Fill-Ins challenge, hosted by the wonderful 15andmeowing and McGuffy's Reader.


This week's fill-ins are as clever as ever.

1. If someone were visiting my area, I would recommend a visit to _________.
2. My favorite room in my home is _________.
3. Back-to-school time makes me think of _________.
4. My favorite year of school was _________, because _________.

I put my thinking cap on, which resulted in these:

1. If someone were visiting my area, I would recommend a visit to the university campus.
(I live in a college town, with both a community college and a university. I attended the university and always quite enjoyed walking around campus. The heart of campus has a great many old buildings that are mesmerizing to explore. There's also an old yet functioning bell tower, right next to the locally famous Alma Mater statue.)

2. My favorite room in my home is the library.
(I love reading and hanging out in this part of my house, and my kitties always keep me company in there as well. It's a popular room. My little library room is very simple right now, but I have future plans to liven it up a bit and make it a charming little place to read and relax. I think I've mentioned on here before how I ultimately intend to fashion it to resemble the village library in the original Beauty and the Beast, with a wooden ladder and all.)

3. Back-to-school time makes me think of my childhood.
(This is probably a pretty obvious answer, but it is so true. When I see kids picking out their new school supplies at the store, and when I see kids filing into the local schools on that first day, it really takes me back. I remember those days, when you were sort of excited, yet also a bit disappointed that summer was over. I even remember how my grade school and high school smelled on those first days back, after being vacant for months and then prepared for our wild return.)

4. My favorite year of school was freshman year of college, because that's when I really felt like I was on my way to my future.
(I never really disliked any years of school. Sure, homework was kind of a drag, and studying for test after test could really make your brain hurt, but I've always enjoyed learning. When I got to my first year of college, though, that's when I really got to focus on taking courses that I chose and that really, truly interested me.)


Now, who's ready for Eddy? Lately, this girl has been giving you all some lovely, non-blurry shots of her. Today, though, she didn't want any of you to forget that she is still a fun-loving lady.


So, there's a bit of a blurry shot for you.


Eddy sure does love to roll about on top of the new fish aquarium. That's pretty much her favorite thing to do these days.


Eddy and all of us here wish you a happy Friday!


***
Our Doodle of the Day:

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great fill-ins.....my Mom said she SHOULD have said library as her fave room but Dad's often in there and she prefers "her" territory of the kitchen!! Thanks for the photos of Eddy - we think she's adorable with her sweet expression..........hope all of you have a great Friday and weekend! Love the COURAGE doodle today....we all need a dose of that.

Love, Teddy

Marg said...

Hi there Eddy. You sure look very comfy. We like those fill-ins a lot. You all have a super duper day.

Unknown said...

I dream of having my own little library! And time to spend in it! Rolling on top of the aquarium sounds like fun, Eddy. :)

pilch92 said...

Thank you for participating in the fill-ins, I always enjoy your answers. I love the idea of a library like the village one. I just watched the new version of Beauty and the Beast and it was excellent. Good point about college and finally learning what you actually want to learn about.
Eddy is a cutie, I am glad she is enjoying her aquarium. Very cute drawing too Have a nice weekend!

Eastside Cats said...

I have books all over the house, and my cat book stash grows bigger almost every week! I still attend classes; at the public library, for the office, at the local animal rescue, so I feel I'm in 'school' all of the time!

Anonymous said...

I love your thoughts on learning and education. I agree, too. I am re-doing my library, sorting what I do not need, so I can make the most of what I do. I enjoy campuses with their atmosphere of knowledge.
Oh my gosh...Eddy...great pictures! XO

Claudia H. Blanton said...

you have a library room? I am so jealous! Seriously, that would be my absolute dream, but because we are not actually settling down here, it would be a waste to try to get shelves, and cases that fit perfectly for the living room (which we actually considered turning into a study, because no one ever uses that huge room). I hope you have a lot of time to enjoy your awesome space. And your kitty is so cute! Blessings

Claudia
http://avalon-media.org

Lone Star Cats said...

Lookin cute Eddy!

Momma Kat and Her Bear Cat said...

Eddy cracks me up ... she reminds me of Bear when he was younger. She clearly loves HER aquarium!

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

I'm going to take the liberty of merging your first two answers together...if I visited your area I would want to visit your home library!

Annie Bear said...

I love the idea of Eddy rolling around on top of the aquarium. :) These pictures of her are adorable.

Yes, I could use more courage!

meowmeowmans said...

We're always ready for Eddy! :)

Great answers to the fill-ins. I especially liked the way you answered #3, because I, too, always think back to my time in school when I see the kids starting back here.

Dash Kitten Crew said...

OH you do look so active!

We agree with everyone, how can you not be ready for more Eddy!!!!

Cathy Keisha said...

What a friendly looking lion.