Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Not So Wordless Wednesday

Remember back on Saturday, National Dog Day, when we said that Astrid would indeed get to celebrate with a doggie donut? Well, she did just that!



Yum!



***
Our Artsy Fartsy Endeavor of the Day:

It's that time of year again, when arts and crafts fairs run rampant before the big holidays! I'll be having fun at many such fairs over the next couple of months, which means I'll be making some new pieces in the days to come.

I've mentioned here before how not only do I enjoy drawing, but also crafting, most especially using upcycled paper goods. One of my newest favorites is creating various pieces of mini art. I like to get tiny pieces of cardboard, doodle on them, and then turn those into tiny wall hangings, magnets, or even little pieces of jewelry, like this experimental necklace I made for perhaps some pup-loving little kid out there.


Sometimes my artistic experimentations fall flat, but I still enjoy tinkering with all sorts of crazy creations. I mean, cardboard jewelry? I don't know how that will really work out in the long run, but I'm having enough fun with the idea that I have at least a dozen such pieces in the works right now. I've also decided that I'll be having some giveaways of some of my crazy creations over the next few weeks as well!

16 comments:

Fur Everywhere said...

The Mom says that donut looks good enough for HER to eat! :)

Marg said...

Oh Astrid, we know you enjoyed that donut. We are looking forward to the creations from your Mom Astrid. And the giveaways. You all have a super day.

The Island Cats said...

OMC! The mom says even she would eat that donut!

Savannah's Paw Tracks said...

You are a very talented human. And what a treat for Astrid. My Mom L needs to contact u. Please send her your email addy. rodgerslcr at gmail dot com. Purrs

pilch92 said...

Astrid is a lucky girl and a cutie too. That necklace came out great. I love your art, I wish I lived near these craft fairs so I could see everything and buy lots of it.

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

oh my look at how HAPPY she looks!!!! I don't blame her one bit because that doggie donut looks DELICIOUS!!!!!

Eastside Cats said...

You've got to allow your artistness the freedom to explore! I love your art; adorable!

da tabbies o trout towne said...

guyz....if yur mom haza coating oh sorts on her werk; it will lastz for everz....we think de necklace rockz....sew doez de donut act shoo a lee :)☺☺☺♥♥♥

The Swiss Cats said...

Claire says your donut looks yummy ! purrs

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

That is too cute! You are so talented. Astrid's donut looks yummy too :)

Cats Herd You said...

That donut looks irresistible!

Cathy Keisha said...

Sometimes dog cookies look good enough for humans to eat; in fact, Pop once ate one.

meowmeowmans said...

Astrid, that donut looks very delicious. We bet you enjoy it lots!

And Mom L, your doggie necklace is wonderful. We love it!

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

The donut the dog wants sounds great! Every loved pet should get what they want.

Andrea and the Celestial Kitties said...

Celebratory donuts! What a great idea! I think that necklace is cute!

Anonymous said...

Oh, my...well, Stella and Kenzie got special treats, too. Nice, Astrid! Hugs.