This week's fill-ins are as clever as ever.
1. If someone were visiting my area, I would recommend a visit to _________.
2. My favorite room in my home is _________.
3. Back-to-school time makes me think of _________.
4. My favorite year of school was _________, because _________.
I put my thinking cap on, which resulted in these:
1. If someone were visiting my area, I would recommend a visit to the university campus.
(I live in a college town, with both a community college and a university. I attended the university and always quite enjoyed walking around campus. The heart of campus has a great many old buildings that are mesmerizing to explore. There's also an old yet functioning bell tower, right next to the locally famous Alma Mater statue.)
2. My favorite room in my home is the library.
(I love reading and hanging out in this part of my house, and my kitties always keep me company in there as well. It's a popular room. My little library room is very simple right now, but I have future plans to liven it up a bit and make it a charming little place to read and relax. I think I've mentioned on here before how I ultimately intend to fashion it to resemble the village library in the original Beauty and the Beast, with a wooden ladder and all.)
3. Back-to-school time makes me think of my childhood.
(This is probably a pretty obvious answer, but it is so true. When I see kids picking out their new school supplies at the store, and when I see kids filing into the local schools on that first day, it really takes me back. I remember those days, when you were sort of excited, yet also a bit disappointed that summer was over. I even remember how my grade school and high school smelled on those first days back, after being vacant for months and then prepared for our wild return.)
4. My favorite year of school was freshman year of college, because that's when I really felt like I was on my way to my future.
(I never really disliked any years of school. Sure, homework was kind of a drag, and studying for test after test could really make your brain hurt, but I've always enjoyed learning. When I got to my first year of college, though, that's when I really got to focus on taking courses that I chose and that really, truly interested me.)
Now, who's ready for Eddy? Lately, this girl has been giving you all some lovely, non-blurry shots of her. Today, though, she didn't want any of you to forget that she is still a fun-loving lady.
So, there's a bit of a blurry shot for you.
Eddy sure does love to roll about on top of the new fish aquarium. That's pretty much her favorite thing to do these days.
Eddy and all of us here wish you a happy Friday!
Our Doodle of the Day: