Saturday, June 30, 2018

Caturday in the Library

As many of you might know, our daily doodles lately have been inspired by some magical ideas. This is largely because, as I've said many times before, I have always enjoyed fantasy. I read fantasy books, I watch fantasy movies and TV, and all that jazz. So, sometimes I get into a magical rut with my creative inspiration. I'm still sort of in that rut, but at that same time, I've also been feeling some especially bookish inspiration. That's probably why I ended up doodling this for today:


Of course, that there furbaby library scene is our entry into Athena's always fun Caturday Art blog hop.


Don't forget to visit Athena so that you can see all of the art our friends have created!

Wishing you all a beautiful day!




***
Our Tip of the Day:

Is your kitty one of those who likes to play with the toilet paper roll? You know, the kind of kitty who unravels the entire roll, and maybe shreds it a bit, or trails it all throughout the house? If your kitty is any semblance of a toilet paper fiend, we have a plain and simple pet parenting hack for you today. Perhaps the easiest way to combat a furry toilet paper fiend is to turn the roll upside down. I know that to some people this is something like a felony, but turning the roll so that it unravels under rather than over will help ensure that a cat cannot simply walk up, dig at it, and unroll the entire thing with little to no effort. Another option is to try tucking the end of the toilet paper into the roll itself. This way, if your furbaby tries to dig at the toilet paper, it won't immediately start unraveling. Of course, not every cat is intrigued by the concept of toilet paper. If your kitty is, however, then it might be worth it to try tips such as these to prevent torn and strewn toilet paper in your home.

15 comments:

Marg said...

Look at that, all the kitties are in the doodle. What fun,

Pam and Teddy said...

Oh my! We love that everyone is enjoying a little reading or listening to a story being told......!

Hugs, Teddy

messymimi said...

There's a fun doodle, i love libraries. We have to keep the toilet paper in a cabinet, some of our toilet paper fiends are so clever.

Anonymous said...

What a great piece of art! My Mom loves Fantasy Books, Fantasy Movies and shows and Libraries too!
And she LOVES this doodle!
Purrs
Marv

The Swiss Cats said...

What a lovely doodle ! Claire loves heroic fantasy. Purrs

The Island Cats said...

This is so adorable!

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Cats in libraries...you could doodle that every single day and I would be happy!

Cathy Keisha said...

Is that Giles library? Did you watch Buffy? Aunt Pauline writes fantasy books. She was mentored by Andre Norton and took over he realm.

pilch92 said...

I love the drawing, cats and books are a great combination. Great tip about tp, I have never had a cat do that, but you never know :)

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

We dont play with the bafroom paper, but TBT says also that he once saw a little plastic cover that means kitties just paw at plastic, which tends ta get boring...

The Menagerie Mom said...

Really?!? I am a huge fan of Andre Norton. My poem from just this past Thursday was heavily inspired by some of Andre Norton's work. I'm very interested in reading Aunt Pauline's works. (And I sure did watch Buffy! Giles was my favorite character.)

meowmeowmans said...

Oh, we love this! Especially that all your babies look so darned happy about reading in that library. So sweet!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

I love it! It's a great doodle.

Athena Cat Goddess Wise Kitty said...

Beautiful!

Purrs xx
Athena and Marie

Eastside Cats said...

This doodle makes my heart sing! Books, kitties, Astrid! The wee kittens...just so adorable!