Friday, June 1, 2018

Friendly Fill-Ins

We're here today with the Friendly Fill-Ins! In case you missed them yesterday, below are the fill-ins for this week. The first two come from the mind of Ellen of 15andmeowing, and I came up with the second two.


1. My neighbors _________.

2. The last thing I purchased online was _________.

3. I have never _________.

4. Anything is possible if _________.


I took a turn to feel these in, and here's how I did:


1. My neighbors can be very talkative.
(Let me preface this by saying that I have wonderful neighbors. I am lucky in that I can trust essentially all of them, which is very comforting, and also perhaps rare. The only issue is that some of my neighbors really love to talk. Don't get me wrong, because this certainly does not make them bad people. It's only a problem because I am an introvert, and conversing isn't really my thing.)

2. The last thing I purchased online was a thermos.
(I don't drink coffee, but I do love to make smoothies, and I needed a thermos that could keep them cold. I purchased a thermos that indicates it can keep drinks cold for at least 24 hours. I doubt I'll ever test that claim, but it's very impressive nonetheless.)

3. I have never flown on an airplane.
(I don't like to travel, and the thought of flying on a plane sort of terrifies me.)

4. Anything is possible if you keep a positive attitude.
(I know that that thought might not always be 100% true, but in general, I am a huge proponent of staying positive. Positive thoughts and optimism really can take you far.)


Now it's your turn!
To add your link to the Friendly Fill-Ins Linky list, just click HERE!
You can also click on the badge below to add your link.


You are also welcome to complete the fill-ins in the comments below,
or in the comments on Ellen's blog, 15andmeowing.


***

We didn't forget that Friday is also the day when Eddy gets to show you all what she's up to.


More window whiffies!


Truth be told, we don't have many window whiffies these days, what with it being 90°F and all.


Does it feel like summer out there for you friends of ours? We hope you're all having beautiful days, with some window whiffies, too!

Happy Friday!


***

Our Doodle of the Day:

Today's foodie doodle came about thanks to a suggestion from The Island Cats. When we asked what foods you all might like to see in some doodles, The Island Cats they said they would like to see some pizza. We thought that was a mighty delicious idea!





***
Our Tip of the Day:

To go along with our foodie doodles, we're continuing on with our foodie tips. We'll now be discussing furbabies' eating and drinking habits. To start this off today, we’re here to remind you to be cognizant of the material out of which your furbaby's bowl is made. When possible, steer clear of plastic bowls. This is in large part because plastic can be easily scratched, and these scratches can harbor all sorts of bacteria and other microbes. This can lead to issues such as feline chin acne. Stainless steel bowls, or even ceramic, are often recommended. If you do use or have to use plastic bowls for any reason, be sure to clean them frequently, and to replace them as needed, such as if you notice scratches. This will help prevent bacterial growth and issues such as feline chin acne. Eating and drinking are of course crucial to our furbabies’ daily lives, so do be sure to pay attention even to details such as the types of bowl they are using.

18 comments:

M Dawson said...

It is the first payoff winter here with us and chilly cold! We know that Europe and the USA have waited a long time for your warmth.

Cathy Kennedy said...

Pizza is one of my favorite foods. In fact, we'll probably have it for dinner tonight. :) I have never been on an airplane. At one time I thought that would've been the bees knees but these days I'm happy to keep low to the ground. Traveling by car is my choice of transportation. ) Attitude plays a lot into what a person can accomplish. It may not always go exactly but I still believe it's a huge help. Thanks for hosting the Friday fun.

Marg said...

Oh that Pizza looks so yummy. And Eddy, sure good to see you. We really like your fill-ins. You all have a fine day.

Teddy said...

Hi Eddy - you're looking great - I know you wish you could have some fresh air but it's HOT out there! It's hot and steamy here too and it's way more comfy INSIDE than OUT lately. Love your fill-ins...you know my Mom is BIG on the power of positivity and I guess she's got me being like that too - I'm POSITIVE I have a great home! We love the pizza doodle....if you need another idea for a food doodle, how about SUSHI?????? Tee Hee

Love, Teddy

Sandee said...

Love your fill-ins. Love the positive attitude one. It does take one a very long way.

Eddy is a good looking cat.

Have a purrfect day and weekend. My best to your mom. ♥

Kathe W. said...

Eddy is a beautiful cat!

pilch92 said...

Great fill-in answers. I know how you feel about talkative people when you are an introvert. My niece's neighbor is an 82 yr. old woman who always wants to chat with me. I don't want to hurt her feelings so I chat, but it takes a lot out of me. I have only been on a plane a few times, you are not missing anything. Great photos of Eddy enjoying her window whiffies. My kitties have been getting them in the morning before we have to resort to the A/C. Cute pizza drawing except now I want pizza. Excellent tips too, I have several kitties that break out when they use plastic bowls. Have a nice weekend! XO

Cathy Keisha said...

TW is with you on #3 although she used to fly a lot when she was much younger. Since 9/11, she won't step on a plane. If your neighbor likes to talk, then at least all you have to do is listen and not talk yourself. Great pics of Eddy. Yum, pizza with meat!

messymimi said...

Your fill-in answers are very revealing, i am also sort of terrified of flying and believe a positive attitude will take you far.

Nice to know about the plastic bowls.

Eastside Cats said...

Eddy, you are so cute, and so is today's doodle! I love the idea of travel; actually doing it...not so much, since I like my own bed, my own cats, my own house!

Lola The Rescued Cat said...

Eddy, the lighting makes your fur look magnificent.

violaetcetera said...

Great answers. I absolutely agree that a positive attitude is the first step to get everywhere. Eddy is lucky that he can get a window whiff, we had our windows closed the last days because it's so hot in this part of Germany.

The Island Cats said...

We can't believe that in this day and age, you've never been on a plane! It's not as scary as it may seem. :)

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Great answers! I've never been on a plane either, and don't really want to either. My dad took a helicopter ride once and I wouldn't even do that with him. That pizza looks yummy :)

Kitties Blue said...

We've got some of those neighbors as well...drives our mom a little bonkers. Mom is incredulous that you have never flown on an airplane. Airplane travel is absolutely no fun anymore, but the places you can go in the world and things you can see are amazing. Eddy, we had the hottest May on record, but also the third rainiest May on record. So it has been hot and humid. Icky sticky! Now you've made our mom want pizza, but she's dieting! XOCK, angel Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, angel Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth, Calista Jo, Cooper Murphy and Sawyer

Holly said...

Like madlibs! My cats think our neighbors are terrible because they have a penchant for fireworks

David E. McClendon, Sr. said...

Our youngest daughter and I could talk the horns off of a billie goat. I have flown a few times and would not want to do it again. I do not want to have to go through the whole TSA screening. Texas passed a law making it illegal for TSA to pat people down. The FAA told Texas that if they enforce that law there will be no more flights in or out of Texas. I would like to see how long that would last if we did it.
Have a blessed week.

Suzanne McClendon said...

I love your doodles! I wish that I could draw like that. :)
I am introverted, too, and have been over-peopled the last few months. Does it make you feel a bit insane when you have a lot of peopling to deal with? I'm feeling way off my rocker these days and not a very good conversationalist at all.

I hope that you have a great weekend and aren't melting. It has been very hot here. As always, I love the Eddy whiffie pics. :)