Friday, June 29, 2018

Friendly Fill-Ins and Photo Fails

We're ready for the Friendly Fill-Ins! Are you? In case you missed them yesterday, below are this week's fill-ins. Ellen of 15andmeowing came up with the first two, and I came up with the second two.


1. Fireworks _________.

2. My favorite 4th of July picnic food is _________.

3. I begin every day with _________.

4. _________ is the best thing since sliced bread.


Want to know how I filled these in?

1. Fireworks are best enjoyed in a safe, controlled environment.
(I appreciate the celebratory concept of fireworks. However, it makes me feel anxious to think of folks shooting them off all over the place, where humans and animals alike could get hurt. I've been hearing fireworks nearly every night in my neighborhood for weeks now, and all I can think of are all of the scared animals, both inside and outside of homes, when those things start booming. I also worry that someone's going to catch something on fire. I only enjoy fireworks when they're scheduled events in safe, controlled environments, with professionals doing the job.)

2. My favorite 4th of July picnic food is apple salad.
(I don't know if this is a common thing or not, but my mom makes an apple salad that contains apples, grapes, raisins, and marshmallows, all mixed into whipped dressing. It's not the healthiest thing ever, but my taste buds love it.)

3. I begin every day with kitty cuddles.
(When I wake up, usually at least one of my cats is on my bed. This is most commonly Evan, as he is always my little shadow. Needless to say, Evan, and any other nearby kitties, get a cuddle session when I first wake up. The next step is of course feeding the hungry felines. Priorities.)

4. Peanut powder is the best thing since sliced bread.
(I'm pretty sure I've mentioned this on here before, and I'm also pretty sure it must sound like a really weird answer. Long story short, while I adore peanut butter and used to eat it literally spoonful after spoonful after spoonful, my GI tract no longer tolerates it. It's mainly the peanut oils that get me, so when I learned of peanut powder, which is peanuts with their oils removed, I was beyond excited to give it a shot. The stuff doesn't have the full magic of real peanut butter, but it does the job well enough for me to enjoy some semblance of peanut butter again. Besides, I mainly use it to make peanut butter banana smoothies, which has quickly become my favorite food.)


Now it's your turn!
To add your link to the Friendly Fill-Ins Linky list, just click HERE!
You can also click on the badge below to add your link.


You are also welcome to complete the fill-ins in the comments below,
or in the comments on Ellen's blog, 15andmeowing.



***

You know, it's a good thing that the Pet Photo Fails Blog Hop, hosted by The Cuddlywumps Cat Chronicles, falls on Friday. Why? Because that's the day each week you all get your Eddy fix. And, since Eddy's known for not sitting still for the camera, she has all sorts of bloopers, like these:








Happy Friday, friends!



***
Our Doodle of the Day:

We hope you're not yet tiring of our weird and random fantasy doodles. I'm honestly really enjoying scribbling these up, so they might go on for a few more days. We hope you don't mind!





***
Our Tip of the Day:

Does your kitty every try to help you when you're using the computer? Does he or she make a bed out of the keyboard? Does your kitty take your computer chair right out from under you? If you truly need to use your computer, but also want to let your kitty hang out with you, try putting a cardboard box next to your work space. You could put it on the computer desk, at your feet, on a chair beside you, or anywhere near where you're working. As you all know, many cats live for boxes, and so that might be tempting enough to draw them away from the computer, so that you can properly do your work alongside a happy kitty. Of course, if your cat is not a box cat, near your work space you could instead set up for them a cat bed, a blanket, a piece of your clothing, or anything else they might enjoy. Believe it or not, it might be possible to have a happy kitty, and to also use your computer.

17 comments:

CMash said...

Apple salad...have never had it but it sounds good!

messymimi said...

You are spot on about fireworks.

Lovely photo "fails."

A box next to the computer sounds like a great idea, i will give it a try.

Yvonne said...

I always wake up with a kitty too! I so agree about the fireworks.

Peanut powder? Is that PB2? I get that. It's a powder and you add some water to it and it has the consistency of peanut butter once mixed. I get that because it's better for me since I'm on Weight Watchers. Less calories :)

Hope you have a great week!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Those are lovely photo fails from Eddy.

Cathy Keisha said...

Pop always wonders what peanut powder is for. He's been taking a PB&J sammich for lunch every day for about 30 years. In our hood every year some idiot sets their yard on fire with fireworks and we don't even hear them that much. Photo Fails were made for Eddy.

Marg said...

Apple salad is delicious. We like the Photo fails of Eddy. Hope all of you have a good week end.

Sandee said...

Yes on the fireworks. I've never had a four legged family member that like fireworks.

Love the kitty fails.

Have a purrfect day and weekend. ♥

Eastside Cats said...

OH! Peanut powder! We used to get it from Trader Joe's, but they discontinued it. We purchase 'Better Than Butter', which is defatted peanut powder mixed with something to make it like 'peanut butter'. I eat it EVERYDAY, and The Hubby has learned to mix in Cocoa Powder (with a dash of cinnamon and stevia) to make a Nutella-like spread, which we simply call "Fudge"! For vegans, this is our little treat, and I love a 'fudge' sandwich, with a cup of green tea. YUM!

Suzanne McClendon said...

I love peanut butter by the spoon, too, and am consuming it as I type. :) I don't like the noise part of fireworks, too. Our firstborn was almost a month old when his first 4th of July occurred. He cried and cried. I know the fireworkers must have thought we were nuts asking them to chill on the noise because it was scaring the baby. Well, okay, so we were newbie parents and hated for him to be scared like that.

That apple salad sounds really delicious. Maybe all the healthiness of the fruits totally eradicates the bad of the whipped topping and marshmallows. I think so. We have to have the bad to realize the goodness of the good, right? :)

Kitties cuddles are the best. I sure miss them with our Angel Xerxes.

Martha is definitely a box kitty. He loves them. We have empty boxes all over this house and he has to check out all of them. Sometimes he even sits in them long enough for me to get a picture. Usually he hops out once he sees me with the camera.

I enjoy your Eddy pics. Hey, at least the kitty is in the frame, so I don't see any "fail" here. haha

Have a blessed weekend!


pilch92 said...

Great fill-in answers. I am glad you found a substitute for your smoothies. And the apple salad sounds really tasty. We both start the day out right with our kitty cuddles. Cute drawing. And Eddy is always to be depended on to give you your photo fails. Excellent tip, I never thought of that. Have a nice weekend! XO

Pam and Teddy said...

That apple salad reminds me a little of "Waldorf Salad" without the nuts. It sure sounds good.....I'm a peanut butter freak myself so I "get" that whole PB thing. Happy Friday and weekend........

Hugs, Pam and Teddy too

viola-et-cetera said...

Apple salad sounds great! I finally relented and put a small rug next to my laptop, so Jackie can join me when I am working at it, and it makes us both happy!

The Island Cats said...

Everyone's day should start with kitty cuddles. :) Great foto fails!

Momma Kat and Her Bear Cat said...

Every year without fail ... some yahoo is setting off fireworks from 4pm on the 4th to 2 or 3am the next morning in our courtyard. Bear always gets all skittish - one year, he hadn't laid down or taken a nap by 1am so I turned on my music list and pumped up the volume. I had a sleeping kitten in about five minutes :)

Eddy, you are the master of the photo fail!

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

How have I never heard of apple salad before??? It sounds good! I've never tried peanut powder either.

Unknown said...

That apple salad sounds yummy! We heard the first random fireworks in our neighborhood last night--I always hate that (something about explosives in the hands of amateurs!). Your doodle is adorable, and I love magic/fantasy things. And of course Eddy came through with some great photo fails. Thanks for joining in on Pet Photo Fails!

David E. McClendon, Sr. said...

Peanut butter banana smoothies sound good. We like peanut butter and banana sandwiches.
Have a happy fourth and a blessed week.