Saturday, June 23, 2018

Saturday in the Sand

We've been sharing some summertime doodles over the past few days. After all, just because it's been nearly 100°F all week doesn't mean summer can't at least look fun, right?


This here human is not much of a beachgoer. In other words, I haven't truly been to a beach in something like two decades. If I did visit a beach one of these days, though, I would probably spend my time there doing a bit of beach reading. Hence the doodle above!

Really, though, am I the only person who doesn't like sand? The stuff kind of drives me nuts. It's like an invasive species, always ending up anywhere and everywhere. I'm not about that sort of infringement. That's just me, though. We know some of you friends of ours quite like the beach, and that's why we of course couldn't exclude it from our summer doodles.

Of course, our doodle up there is our entry into Athena's Caturday Art blog hop.


Be sure to visit Athena to see all of the masterpieces our friends have created!

Wishing you all a bright and sunny day!




***
Our Tip of the Day:

We're continuing on with our tips on summer safety for outdoor strays and ferals. Today we're moving on to the topic of food. When feeding furbabies outdoors, you of course have to take into consideration the heat of summer. Food can spoil in extreme heat, as you all surely know. Dry food is often the best one to feed strays and ferals on hot days. After all, moist food will spoil far more quickly, and will also quickly dry out in the sun and heat. You can try adding additional water to moist food to keep it from drying out too quickly, but even this method won't be able to combat the heat for long. No matter what type of food you feed to strays and ferals, do try to keep it in a shaded area or under a shaded shelter. What's more, remove old food and offer fresh food as often as is possible and needed.

It's also worth noting that though dry food is easier and safer to feed to outdoor cats in the heat, you still have to take precautions. Not only can dry food lose its freshness and safe status in the heat, but also think of instances such as rainy days. Dry food that gets wet will swell, become unappetizing, and can easily spoil if not cleaned up. So, when feeding dry or even moist food, of course keep in mind not only the heat, but other environmental factors such as rain. All in all, keep those strays and ferals healthy this summer with fresh food that is in the shade and protected from spoilage and other issues as best as possible.

15 comments:

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Another adorable doodle! I am not much of a beachgoer either. I prefer to sightsee when I am on holiday.

Smudge said...

Such cute artwork! Mom and dad so miss the beach. Dad's got some decisions upcoming at work, and they've been considering a move back towards the shore, where they were only a short drive from their favorite beach. Both also being avid readers, lounging at the beach with a good book is one of their great joys. It's funny- lots of books from the library where they used to live have sand trapped between the book cover and cellophane over the cover!

messymimi said...

Sand does get everywhere, but that's the pot that goes with the plant if you want to stand and watch the ocean.

Great doodle, great tips, and i hope you have a fabulous Saturday!

Pam and Teddy said...

I haven't been to a beach in years but as a child I sure loved the feel of sand between my toes and dancing around the edge of the waves on the sand. The only time I would be happy on a beach would be at sunrise or sunset. No heat and sun for me! When I lived in Florida years ago I had a cat named Moose who LOVED to go to the beach with me. He would lie on the blanket with me and thought it was great fun to have such a HUGE litter box at his disposal. HAHA

Hugs, Pam

Unknown said...

Oooh...by the sea with a stack of books. Yes, please! Though these days I'd probably rather sit on the deck of a beach house than in the sand. :)

Marg said...

Our Mom doesn't like the sand much either. But reading books is one of her favorite things to do so we love the doodle. Have a great day.

Athena Cat Goddess Wise Kitty said...

Beautiful!

Not a fan of the beach either, unless it's a quiet, secluded one in the winter!

Purrs xx
Athena and Marie

Kitties Blue said...

Another adorable doodle. Mom's not fond of sand, but loves the beach, as long as shade is available. She likes to sit and listen to and watch the waves and to collect shells. Of course, a good book is a must. XOCK, angel Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, angel Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth, Calista Jo, Cooper Murphy and Sawyer

pilch92 said...

Very cute drawing. I am not a fan of the beach or sand either. I much prefer to be in the house with my cats, reading. Excellent tips too!

The Island Cats said...

So cute! The mom likes beaches but doesn't go very often. She prefers pools...then you don't end up with sand in your shorts. :D

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

I have *never* been to a beach. SO not my thing. Love your doodle though!

Cathy Keisha said...

Whoa! cool doodle for a hot day. A couple of years ago, TW was musing how she hadn't been to the beach, the lake or any place with water in decades so she put on her bucket list that she wanted to walk in the sand and get her toes wet in the ocean one more time. Then last year's Blogpaws was held in Myrtle Beach and she got her wish.

meowmeowmans said...

We do like the beach, but you're right about that pesky sand! :) We love that doodle ... it looks like the purrfect way to spend some time at the shore. :)

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

I am sad to say your hot temps are headed our way by the end of the week :( I used to be a HUGE beach fan (I was a lifeguard in my 20s).......but now that I am rather fat, I stay away from it...plus the extreme heat isn't good for my kidneys. Love your artwork! catchatwithcarenandcody

Eastside Cats said...

I like waves...ocean waves! I want to walk up and down the beach, looking for cool rocks or shells, like a treasure hunter!