Friday, March 8, 2019

Friendly Fill-Ins

Welcome to Friday, friends! Who's ready for some fun? How about the Friendly Fill-Ins challenge? In case you missed the fill-in statements yesterday, I'll share them again here. Ellen of 15andmeowing came up with the first two, and I came up with the second two.


1. I am always _________.

2. I brake for _________.

3. I'd be lying if I said _________.

4. _________ wins the race.


If you're curious how I answered these, read on. My answers are in bold.

1. I am always ready for furry cuddles.
(At any given moment, if a furry cutie is available for cuddles, I'm on it. I will never turn down a cuddle session if it involves a kitty or puppy.)

2. I brake for all living creatures.
(The only road incident I've ever been in was when a lady rear-ended me at a stop light a couple years ago. I always say, though, that if I ever get into or cause a more serious crash, it will probably be because I was dodging a squirrel or other critter in the road. That, or there was a spider in the car with me, because that would lead to all shades of panic. But I digress. I very much so know that road safety is incredibly important for oneself as well as those around you, but I have a serious inability to not slam on my brakes or dodge around an animal that runs out in front of me. I've been lucky so far in that when this does happen, I always seem to be on a road by myself, or when other drivers are well out of my way.)

3. I'd be lying if I said that my favorite cat to hold is one of my own.
(Don't get me wrong, I love my furbabies more than anything, and there is nothing I enjoy more than cuddling them. That being said, none of my cats are huge on being held. They all allow me to hold them, but they seem to find it bordering on torture, and so I don't force it on them often or for long. The problem with that, though, is that I love to hold cute and furry things in my arms. So, where does that lead me? That leads me to my parents' house, where lives Foggy. Foggy is a giant orange tabby who weighs nearly 20 lbs, who owns my parents, and who will let you do whatever you want to him. I take full advantage of this fact. I always hunt Foggy boy down when I go to my parents' house, and I hold him cradled in my arms like a baby for as long as he allows, which can sometimes be something like an hour. Thank you for that, Foggy. This cat lady very much appreciates your tolerance for her clingy cat ways. Want to see a picture of Foggy? Below is a photo of him, a few pounds ago.)


4. Perseverance wins the race.
(Perseverance, with a side of determination and a hearty sprinkling of faith, can get you far. Sometimes I am in serious need of working on all of these, but I sure do try.)


Now it's your turn!
To add your link to the Friendly Fill-Ins Linky list, just click HERE!
You can also click on the badge below to add your link.


You are also welcome to complete the fill-ins in the comments below,
or in the comments on Ellen's blog, 15andmeowing.



***

Believe it or not, we have yet another non-blurry shot of Eddy to share with you all today. Sometimes, she wants to dole out reminders of how pretty she is in her non-blurry state.


I am seriously in love with that snaggletooth of hers. Is it not adorable? Not that I'm biased or anything, but I think it's downright adorable.

Wishing you a fabulous Friday!



***
Our Doodle of the Day:

For some reason, when I doodled up the illustration for my Thoroughly Poetic Thursday challenge poem from yesterday, this image came into my head:


Because why wouldn't a kitty find a fairy ring a perfectly good napping spot?



***
Our Tip of the Day:

I'm sure I don't need to tell you all, but as part of our tips for National Pet Poison Awareness Month, we're here to remind you that many human medications are indeed toxic to our furbabies. One of the most common pet poison emergency culprits is ibuprofen. It can be very dangerous and even fatal if ingested by your kitty or pup, and its side effects can include gastrointestinal distress or even kidney failure. Ibuprofen is of course not the only human medication that can have dire consequences for our cats and dogs, though. Decongestants such as excess pseudoephedrine can also be toxic, as well as medications for treating blood pressure and ADD/ADHD, just to name a couple. Needless to say, keep any and all human medications hidden away in a secure cabinet, drawer, or other such confines.

It is also worth noting that certain topical creams and ointments that we humans use can also be dangerous for cats and dogs. These such medications can be sneaky as well, since you might apply a potentially toxic cream to your skin, then you might forget about it, and then your furbaby might lick your skin or even clothing that touched the topical medication. This, in turn, can possibly result in toxicity. As a couple of examples, creams for pain management or hormone treatment can easily contain ingredients that could lead to life-threatening side effects for your kitty or pup. So, not only should you safely store medications, but you must also be diligent about how you might be exposing your furbaby to toxic ingredients.

12 comments:

Yvonne said...

Another fun week of fill ins! Great answers and we think along the same lines as far as #2 goes. Have a great weekend!

Marg said...

We like your fill-in answers. Love the doodle. The kitty surrounded by mushrooms. Have a terrific day.

Eastside Cats said...

Foggy is adorable, and what a cute name! I used to drive around with an empty cat carrier in my trunk...just in case...and it came in handy when I found a kitten in the middle of a busy, 4-lane road. Later, The Hubby removed the carrier, because it was taking up too much space, but I've got a cardboard box that would double as a critter carrier if and when I'll need it!

messymimi said...

Like you, i’ve always been blessed so far when i have to stop for a critter in the road. May it always be so!

Timmy Tomcat said...

Great fill ins and we have to admit we are not lap cats either. We are lap-lay-against cats who enjoy leaning on Dads hip, thigh or leg when he is on the couch or in bed. Its the way we roll.
The fairy ring doodle is cute as anything, except Eddy. She is meowvelous
Timmy and Family

pilch92 said...

I enjoyed all your answers. Nice to meet Foggy, he is a cutie and I can see why you love cuddling with him. Eddy is a cutie too, too bad she is not big on cuddling. That is a great drawing. Excellent tips too. I refuse any creams despite being offered prescriptions from my dermatologist because I fear the cats would somehow ingest it. Have a wonderful weekend! XO

Cathy Keisha said...

Whoa! Foggy looks like my Buzzy! How handsome! Persistence and perseverance certain doesn't work on TW. They get me locked out of the bedroom.

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Love your answers! My #2 is just about exactly the same as yours, although I'm sad to say I did hit and kill a chipmunk once. Completely broke my heart. I've even dumped my purse on the car floor slamming on the brake.

Savannah's Paw Tracks said...

that toofie is simply darling!!!

Momma Kat and Her Bear Cat said...

Foggy is so handsome! He reminds me of the ginger who lived at my Mom's nursing home. His name was Kahlua and I think he weighed 20 some pounds while she was there - though I think he got up to 30 at some point. To hear my Mom talk about him he was loved way more than those 20 pounds. Honestly, he gave my Mom something to live for.

Pam and Teddy said...

Foggy sounds like Teddy! Adorable orange BIG BOYS. Love the snaggletooth girl - she likes to show it off doesn't she?! Your filling in was grand too - and while we're at it - thanks for being one of the cohosts for this FUN every week.

Hugs, Teddy and Mom

Athena Cat Goddess Wise Kitty said...

Great answers. Love the pic and doodle!

Purrs xx
Athena and Marie