Being a handsome tuxie is hard work, isn't it? No wonder Toby fell asleep. It would seem this Tuxie Tuesday turned into Tired Tuesday instead.
Happy Tuesday to all!
Our Tip of the Day:
After yesterday's National Pet Poison Awareness Month tip on paint products, we wanted to also give a PSA on the dangers of certain glues. If we're to be honest, the primary danger of glue isn't necessarily poisonous effects. Nevertheless, we still want to warn of the life-threatening hazards of glue. Some glues, such as glues for wood or construction, as well as heavy-duty glues such as Gorilla Glue, can lead to severe side effects. Ingestion of these glues can cause symptoms such as gastrointestinal distress, vomiting, and decreased appetite. What's more, though, is that these types of glues can contain diisocyanates, which can mix with stomach acid and then expand. This can then lead to bowel obstruction. Bowel obstruction is nothing to take lightly, and often requires surgery. Needless to say, if your kitty or pup gets into glue, especially heavy-duty glue that contains diisocyanates, seek veterinary care immediately. Of course, to prevent such emergencies, take no risks and be sure to hide away any and all glues someplace where your furbaby cannot reach.