Last year, the kitties here got a festive little Santa sloth toy. It's a decently sized toy, as it's supposed to be used as a kicker. Evan, however, thinks the festive little guy makes for a perfect pillow, or bed.
We're going to backtrack a little bit and give one more Christmas tree safety tip. If you want to have lights on your tree, but burns or electrocution are a concern with your furbaby around, or if you are concerned about electrical fires, then perhaps consider using battery-operated lights for your tree or elsewhere in the house. Some of the Christmas lights at our house are battery-operated. Our battery-operated lights even come with a remote control, with a timer option, making it easy to turn them on and off, all without the risks of electrical cords. Also, to save on the cost of batteries, we use rechargeable batteries.
That all being said, though, always base such decisions on your individual furbaby and his or her personal behaviors. The battery pack for the lights we use is very sturdy as well as well-hidden, and the kitties and pup at my house have never proven themselves chewers of such things. For this reason, my particular furbabies accessing the batteries is highly unlikely. Nevertheless, batteries can indeed be dangerous if chewed or consumed, so do keep this in mind when shopping around for anything that is battery-operated. But, if your furbaby is a cord chewer, or if you have any other concerns of the electrical nature, then perhaps look into battery-operated or other safe lighting options for your Christmas tree. Of course, still be careful of the dangers of any loose cords, whether they be attached to battery-operated or electrical lights.