Friday, March 4, 2022

Friendly Fill-Ins

Hello and happy Friday, friends! We'll get right to the Friendly Fill-Ins challenge. Feel free to join in! My co-host Ellen of 15andmeowing came up with the first two fill-in statements, and I came up with the second two.


1. I would rather smell a skunk than smell _________.

2. Every March I look forward to _________.

3. I knew _________ the moment that _________.

4. _________ is currently my silver lining.


My answers are below in bold.

1. I would rather smell a skunk than smell cabbage.
(Sauerkraut is Public Enemy No. 1.)

2. Every March I look forward to the moderate temperatures.
(This is probably such a basic, obvious answer, but after the winter we had around here, I couldn't think of anything else to put. I don't necessarily hate winter, and I think snow can be absolute beautiful, but I don't really enjoy driving in all that, or walking the dog when the entire world is an ice rink. We had 3 or 4 significant snow and ice storms in February, and so I'm honestly just ready for a change in pace. We've already had some beautiful 50-60°F days this week, and it's been great to walk the dog and get out in that.)

3. I knew I always wanted to share my life with specially abled furbabies the moment that I adopted Evan.
(My hind limb paralyzed orange tabby boy Evan doesn't let anything get him down. He's my little hero. I could go on and on about this, but you've all probably heard me say it before infinity plus one times. So, suffice it to say, Evan has taught me a lot, including the fact that I cherish sharing my life with kitties like him.)

4. The weekend is currently my silver lining.
(I wanted to put something more profound here. But, in the end, I just went with this. The world is seeing rough times. This week was not my favorite, especially when it comes to my full-time job. That said, there's no way my week was as rough as that of many others in the world. In my little world, though, I'm lucky enough to have the simple hope of the weekend at this exact moment.)


Now it's your turn!
To add your link to the Friendly Fill-Ins Linky list, just click HERE!
You can also click on the badge below to add your link.


You are also welcome to complete the fill-ins in the comments below,
or in the comments on Ellen's blog, 15andmeowing.



***

Who's ready for their Eddy fix? Well, you're about to get it, but just from a different sort of angle.


Eddy decided for an abstract sort of shot today. At least you can see that adorable snaggletooth of hers!

Have a fantastic day, friends!



***
Flashback Doodle of the Day




***
Tip of the Day

Spring is just around the corner (hopefully), and that means blooms and blossoms will start to make appearances. As beautiful as it is, though, don't forget that this season can also come with dangers. That's why today's tip for National Pet Poison Awareness Month is to keep in mind that some of the plants blooming this time of year can indeed be poisonous to your pups and kitties. These include, but are not limited to, daffodils, tulips, hyacinths, crocus, azaleas, and lilies. Of course, there are plants that bloom during other parts of the year that are also toxic, so be aware of this year-round.

Try to keep your furbaby from chomping on any questionable plants, keeping an especially close eye when out on walks or in unfamiliar areas. In your own yard, block off your furbaby's access to areas that contain plants, in order to avoid the ingestion of any potentially toxic ones. If you think your furbaby might have snacked on a dangerous plant or begins displaying signs such as vomiting, diarrhea, restlessness, or lethargy, seek veterinary assistance immediately. The beauties of spring can indeed bring their fair share of dangers, so always be aware of your furbaby's safety around the plants that are blooming.

9 comments:

Basil and The B Team ~ BionicBasil ® said...

Supurr fill-ins and fabulous art, we love seeing your ameowzing creations!

Eastside Cats said...

Being a vegan, cabbage is a staple around here, and all its incarnations...sorry!
We have a local skunk who wanders about; I love skunks and their silly waddle.

Yvonne said...

Great fill ins! Have a great weekend!

messymimi said...

Weekends are a break and i enjoy the time i get off, too.

As i say all the time and will say again, Eddy is purrfect from every angle.

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Adorable photo! And I love your #4. No matter how crappy things are, many are experiencing so, so, so much worse.

pilch92 said...

I enjoyed all your answers. I am glad you adopted Evan. I love cabbage as long as it is cooked, not a fan of coleslaw. Eddy is cute from any angle. Nice drawing and excellent tips. XO

Cathy Keisha said...

Hi Eddy! Good answers. Thanx for co-hosting.

meowmeowmans said...

Here's looking (up) at you, Eddy!

Great answers. We're with you 100%v with #s 2 and 4!

Athena Cat Goddess Wise Kitty said...

Good answers and great doodles. Love the flashback one!