Friday, March 18, 2022

Friendly Fill-Ins

Hello and happy Friday, friends! It's time for the Friendly Fill-Ins challenge, and we'd love for you to join us! My co-host Ellen of 15andmeowing came up with the first two fill-in statements, and I came up with the second two.


1. I rarely _________, I _________ instead.

2. My spring to-do list includes _________ and _________.

3. If I were invisible for a day, I would _________.

4. When I was young, I _________ because _________.


My answers are below in bold.

1. I rarely read physical books, I read ebooks instead.
(A few years back, I never would have believed I would ever say this. I was adamant I would never be a reader of books in the digital form. This isn't at all to say that I never read physical books anymore, and I still shamelessly own hundreds of them, but I honestly really enjoy reading on my Kindle these days. Not to mention ebooks are usually way cheaper than physical books.)

2. My spring to-do list includes sprucing up my back yard and cleaning my garage.
(I don't want to think about all the items on my indoor to-do list, so we're focusing outside of the house today. My back yard isn't horrible, but it's not all that pretty. I'm not a gardener, so I'm more so interested in putting out more aesthetic items for wildlife to enjoy, like birdbaths and birdfeeders. Not to mention that I need to pick up a bunch of tree limbs and other debris that a recent windstorm blew into my yard. I also need to spruce up my garage, which I've needed to do for a very, very long time. I think the problem is that two of my grandparents passed away and/or entered nursing homes all within a couple of months, and I ended up with a bunch of their stuff in my garage. I haven't had the heart to go through it all yet, but I really just need to.)

3. If I were invisible for a day, I would run as many errands as possible.
(At the risk of sounding totally antisocial, one of the things I dislike about running errands is all the people. Sometimes I just want to get in and out really fast without having to make small talk or without having to politely tell workers that no, thank you, I don't need help finding anything, and so I'd love to be able to run all my errands while I'm invisible. Talk about a pipe dream. Maybe I really am just antisocial, or maybe this is all just the introvert in me talking, but I didn't know what else to put here, so this is what I've got.)

4. When I was young, I never got to watch Beauty and the Beast in its entirety because my sister was afraid of the scene with the wolves in the woods.
(I remember being so frustrated as a kid because Beauty and the Beast was one of my two favorite Disney movies, and I couldn't ever watch it in its entirety. I remember pleading with my parents, asking them to tell my sister to just close her eyes and cover her ears during that scene, but more often than not that scene was just fast forwarded through. The injustice. And just to clarify, I'm not talking about trying to force a younger sister or exceedingly small child to watch a scary scene in a movie. My sister is older than me, and even into her double digit years she hated that scene in Beauty and the Beast. Even as an adult, she's still not even remotely interested in scary movies, which is the complete opposite of myself.)


Now it's your turn!
To add your link to the Friendly Fill-Ins Linky list, just click HERE!
You can also click on the badge below to add your link.


You are also welcome to complete the fill-ins in the comments below,
or in the comments on Ellen's blog, 15andmeowing.



***

Ready for your Eddy fix? Yeah? Good, because this girl is excited to show you all today how it's window whiffies season!


Eddy hopes you all get lots of window whiffies today and every day!



***
Flashback Doodle of the Day




***
Tip of the Day

We've given past tips on the dangers of paint products, but we're going to repeat this for National Pet Poison Awareness Month. Unsurprisingly, paint, varnish, and other similar products can be toxic to our furbabies. Lead paints can of course cause lead poisoning, which can cause a variety of severe symptoms, including those of the gastrointestinal and neurological systems. Lead can also be detrimental to red blood cells, brain function, and other important processes in the body. Oil-based paints can also be dangerous, potentially causing diarrhea as well as having serious effects on the lungs. They may also contain heavy metals and thereby cause symptoms similar to those of lead paint toxicity. Products such as varnish can also have similar negative side effects as paint.

Also keep in mind that paint and paint products can emit dangerous fumes. Especially without proper ventilation, inhalation of the fumes can cause irritation of the lungs or symptoms such as dizziness. To avoid emergencies related to the ingestion or inhalation of paint or other paint products, of course keep these items well out of reach of your furbabies. Try to keep your furbabies safely out of areas that are being painted. Should ingestion or inhalation of paint products occur, do not hesitate to seek veterinary assistance.

9 comments:

pilch92 said...

I enjoyed all your fill-in answers. I am sorry you have to go through your grandparents' belongings- that is always hard. that is a funny story about Beauty and the Beast. I agree it would be nice to be invisible to run errands. Eddy is a cutie and I love the drawing. When you posted it originally, I did have 4 black cats at the time. Nice tips too. Have a wonderful weekend. XO

Eastside Cats said...

I would read more ebooks, but my corporate cell phone won't allow me to download them!
However, it allows audiobooks, so...

Yvonne said...

Great fill ins. I only read e-books, too. I never thought I would change over from physical books, but I did and I'm loving it. Have a great weekend!

The Island Cats said...

What a nice close up of you, Eddy! Ever since the mom discovered audio books, she doesn't read anymore...just listens! ~Ernie

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Mudpie got some window time yesterday! I've often said during the pandemic that a perk to wearing masks is not being recognized in stores, and even being ablt to pretend you don't recognize someone you know, thus avoiding having to stop and talk!

messymimi said...

Hooray for Eddy and window whiffies!

Being invisible while running errands sounds like a good idea until you have to actually get in line to pay for something.

My Tata's Cottage said...

I love Beauty and the Beast too. It is a favorite DIsney classic. I have a friend who would never watch Bambi saying kids should not hear about death. I don't know, life is what it is and someday you child will learn about the sad aspects of it. Just my thoughts. I order on line ltos of times. Today my youngest son drove me to the store. He is tall and use to run cross country, we whipped through that store and checked our own grocery purchases . Sometime I don;t mind people and other times Ijust scurry along and do what I have to do. I hope you have a nice weekend.

Athena Cat Goddess Wise Kitty said...

Mum tends to read ebooks more than physical books now.

Lovely close-up of Eddy😻

Basil and The B Team ~ BionicBasil ® said...

Supurr fill-ins, and great answer for #1, I go through stages of kindle everything and then I need to read actual books for a while.