Monday, March 7, 2022

Mancat Monday Purrs and Prayers Request for a Friend

We're going to start on a serious note. We're asking for purrs, woofs, prayers, thoughts, and whatever you have to share. All of us here are fine. The thoughts and prayers we're requesting are for some family friends. This family's 20-year-old son tragically passed away because the law known in our state as Scott's Law was not heeded. Scott's Law requires motorists to slow down and move over when vehicles with warning lights and roadside workers are present. The young man who passed away was a tow truck operator doing his job, and a driver neither moved over nor slowed down, and so our family friends lost a son. I almost didn't post about this, but I know you friends of ours are always so generous and willing to lend purrs, woofs, prayers, thoughts, and so much kindness, so if you have any to spare for our family friends, please send them their way as they try to navigate this tragedy. And please remember to always slow down and, when possible, move over when you see flashing lights or anyone working at the side of the road.



***

Moving a bit away from the serious content, since it is Mancat Monday, here's a glowing Evan for you.


Evan sends you all happy thoughts on this Monday!



***

As a side note, it's the time when we're supposed to be announcing our themes for April's A to Z Challenge. I do indeed intend on participating again this year with yet again some doodles, and I want and need to start getting a head start on said doodles, but if I'm being honest, I'm still vacillating between two theme options. I'm heavily considering one of the options over the other, but I really don't know how to introduce or describe that theme. I guess I'll get your thoughts now.

As I've said multiple times, I'm in the process of writing some stories. I've always loved writing, and a couple years ago I started a short story, which then turned into a full book that I've been penning, and that all has now turned into a full series of books that I'm working on. I write for fun, and writing is a major creative outlet for me. That said, my stories are admittedly weird and wacky. If you've read my weekly poems and seen some of my strange doodles, you might get an idea of what I mean.

The above rambling all said, would you all be interested in an A to Z series of doodles related to some of the characters, places, and concepts from the stories I'm writing? I thought I'd do that this year because, just like I'm writing the stories for fun, I plan on finally starting to self-publish them for fun starting later this year. Because of that, I've been craving doing some related illustrations that I could share, and the A to Z Challenge times out perfectly for that. I'm honestly interested in knowing whether that interests anyone, because if it doesn't, I would fall back to the other A to Z option I have in my back pocket.



***
Flashback Doodle of the Day




***
Tip of the Day

Today's National Pet Poison Awareness Month tip is one we've touched on time and time again, but it is a pretty important one. As you all certainly know, never forget that some human founds can indeed be toxic to our kitties and pups. Chocolate, caffeine, alcohol, grapes, and raisins are just some of the foods that could lead to extremely dangerous or even fatal consequences if ingested. Also don't forget about the sweetener known as xylitol. This can often be found in sugar-free gums and candies, but also in various other foods, drinks, and even medicines, supplements, and toothpaste. This sneaky ingredient is indeed toxic, especially to dogs.

Though symptoms of toxicity can vary based on what human food your furbaby ate, and how much, signs can include vomiting, diarrhea, lethargy, difficulty walking, or any other number of concerning manifestations. If you know or think your furbaby might have eaten a toxic food, do not hesitate to seek veterinary assistance. Just as with any poison, removing the toxins from the body and treating the patient in a timely manner can be a matter of life or death. To prevent such emergencies, avoid feeding your furbaby any and all foods that you are not absolutely certain are safe.

6 comments:

catladymac said...

We aend purrayers to your friend as they mourn their precious son. We have a similar lae here in Ohio. If only people would think a bit ,

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

That's absolutely tragic. I'm so sorry. Beautiful photo, Evan!

The Island Cats said...

Oh how terribly sad! We send purrs and prayers to your friend and their family.

messymimi said...

My heart aches for that family. We lost a daughter many years ago and i always hurt for other parents who lose children. Yes, i will pray for this family, they have a long road ahead.

Evan is certainly glowingly handsome.

Your idea to illustrate your stories sounds terrific!

pilch92 said...

I am very sorry for the loss of your family friend's son. I will pray for his family. Evan is a cutie. I look forward to seeing drawing of your characters and settings. Cute flashback and great tips. XO

Susan from Bucks County said...

Prayers for your friends family at this tragic time.