Friday, March 11, 2022

Friendly Fill-Ins

Hello and happy Friday, friends! Who's ready for the Friendly Fill-Ins challenge? We sure are. Feel free to join in on the fun! My co-host Ellen of 15andmeowing came up with the first two fill-in statements, and I came up with the second two.


1. I love that _________.

2. To celebrate Pi Day on Monday, I will have a slice of _________ pie.

3. I'd like to be able to _________ every day.

4. If I ended up in jail, it would probably be because _________.


My answers are below in bold.

1. I love that my orange boy Evan is clingy.
(I don't like when people are clingy or overbearing, but I sure do love that Evan insists on being my little shadow. He follows me around everywhere in the house and has to be wherever I am. If he can't find me, he screams and hollers until I call for him or come get him. The only problem with this, though, is that it makes me feel guilty when I have to leave him, such as to go to work. Evan is just one of the reasons why I'd love to work from home in the near future. I'd love to be home far more often during the work week with my clingy boy, and of course all my furbabies, even the far more independent ones. I know being home so much isn't something every person would enjoy, but I sure would.)

2. To celebrate Pi Day on Monday, I will have a slice of apple pie.
(I will indeed be making apple pie for my family. My dad loves apple pie, so it's probably the kind of pie I make most commonly throughout the year. To be honest, though, I'm kind of lying with this fill-in. It's most likely I myself won't have a slice, simply because I don't get along well with gluten, or with dairy for that matter. This is why I tend to make more desserts that I do eat them. I don't mind, though. I have other gluten-free, dairy-free treats I enjoy just as much as pie, so I'll probably enjoy one of those in the place of pie.)

3. I'd like to be able to stay home with my kitties and pup every day.
(I just mentioned this in #1 above. I currently work outside of the home. As a homebody, though, I'd love to work from home, especially because I'd love to be home with my kitties and pup all day. Working from home is one of my bucket list items, and it's one I'd love to accomplish much sooner than later.)

4. If I ended up in jail, it would probably be because I made an unlawful animal rescue.
(If I ever witnessed an animal being truly abused or neglected, I would first try legal avenues, such as calling some form of the authorities. If I couldn't get anyone to help quickly, though, I could see myself taking matters into my own hands, even if that included trespassing or theft of an animal. If there's one thing in life that could rile me up enough to do something excessive and illegal, it's animal abuse or neglect.)


Now it's your turn!
To add your link to the Friendly Fill-Ins Linky list, just click HERE!
You can also click on the badge below to add your link.


You are also welcome to complete the fill-ins in the comments below,
or in the comments on Ellen's blog, 15andmeowing.



***

We have your dose of Eddy of coming up. Unfortunately, she couldn't manage to look at the camera. After all, she had more white stuff to watch falling from the sky. Because why not some more snow in March?


Have a fantastic day, friends!



***
Flashback Doodle of the Day




***
Tip of the Day

Our next set of tips for National Pet Poison Awareness Month will cover some of the random household items that could potentially be toxic to your kitty or pup. To begin, don't forget that some laundry products could lead to ill effects for your furbaby. For example, fabric softeners and dryer sheets often contain detergents that can be corrosive in nature. If your cat or dog gets into such products, the adverse reactions could include gastrointestinal distress, oral ulcers, and lethargy. For such reasons, do be sure to keep all laundry products well out of reach of your furbaby. If your kitty or pup does get into any such products, do not hesitate to seek veterinary assistance.

8 comments:

Eastside Cats said...

We are having a snowstorm right now!
Hopefully, it won't stick around for long.
Sweetie is my velcro kitty, and although she sleeps most of the day away, she knows that I'm working at my desk in the other room, and am at hand when she calls for me.

Yvonne said...

Great answers! I hope you have a great weekend!

pilch92 said...

Great answers. Evan is a sweetie. My Sammy is like that too and I LOVE it. He even sleeps in my hair- after making muffins in it. I hope you can work from home someday soon. I had the same answer for #4. Eddy clearly had something else to look at instead of the camera. Cute drawing and great tips too. I don't buy fabric sheets- I use tennis balls and wool dryer balls. Have a wonderful weekend. XO

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Our snow is coming tomorrow! I answered the exact same thing about Mudpie for #1. I've been working from home now since December, and while I didn't think I would like it (I've never felt as productive out of an office setting), I've adjusted very well and now can't imagine working without Mudpie on my lap!

meowmeowmans said...

It's snowing here today, too. We say bring on the spring!

Athena Cat Goddess Wise Kitty said...

My mum totally agrees with 1,3 and 4!

messymimi said...

Working from home would be nice.

Eddy looks like she's enjoying her view;

Basil and The B Team ~ BionicBasil ® said...

Supurr Fill-ins, and Happy Sunday sweeties!