Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Toesies and Tongue on Tonks Tuesday

Tonks has a lot to share with you all today.


Aren't those the cutest little toe beans? It doesn't stop there, though.


Just look at that tongue!


Tonks hopes her toesies and tongue helped your Tuesday be a good one. Have a fantastic day, friends!



***
Flashback Doodle of the Day

Today's flashback doodle is from last year's April A to Z Challenge, and it also tangentially relates to what my theme is for this year's A to Z Challenge.

I mentioned somewhat recently that I was tossing around a couple of ideas on what to do for this year's April A to Z Challenge. The idea I was weighing the most heavily, and the one I ended up choosing, relates to the stories I'm writing.

As I've mentioned multiple times, I enjoy writing. More so, a short story that I was writing a couple years ago ended up turning into me writing a full book, which then turned into me writing an entire series of books. I'm still working on these books, and I would really like to start publishing them this year, largely just for the sheer fun of it. That, and publishing at least one book is nearly at the top of my bucket list.

That all said, I've been wanting to create some more illustrations for my stories. Well, what I doodle up might be more so concept art than true illustrations, but maybe that's the same difference. I wasn't sure anyone would really be interested in doodles like this, but I'm going to try making them as interesting as possible. So, the A to Z doodles I'll be sharing starting this Friday will be related to the weird, wacky, and downright kooky books I'm scribbling up. Hopefully you all can tolerate an entire month of that. My apologies if this sounds like pure torture.


***
Tip of the Day

We're of course here today with another National Pet Poison Awareness Month tip. It's time to give a reminder of the dirty details of keeping your kitty or pup safe. What we mean is, don't forget to keep your garbage can, recycling bin, dirty dishwasher, compost, and other similar areas safe against curious furbabies. Garbage cans or recycling bins, for example, might contain empty containers for potentially poisonous substances, such as detergents. The garbage can, dishwasher, or even compost might also contain the remnants of food that is toxic to a cat or dog. When it comes to the compost, or perhaps even the garbage can, moldy foods especially might be found within, and moldy food can contain mycotoxins, which are indeed toxic to our furbabies.

All in all, what we're trying to say is to never forget all of the details, no matter how dirty, for ensuring that your kitty or pup is free from any form of poisoning or other injury. Use garbage cans that are securely lidded or pet-proof in another way. You could even hide your garbage can in a cabinet, drawer, or room to which your furbaby cannot gain access. Also ensure that your dirty dishwasher remains securely closed, and that any compost you have is kept somewhere that your furbaby cannot reach. Even if a precaution seems like overkill, it's probably not. After all, when it comes to the health and safety of your furbaby, it is of course best to take no risks.

6 comments:

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

Nothing beats a cat's tongue for amazement!

Eastside Cats said...

Cannot wait to read about your books!
Tonks is a cutiepie, from the tip of her ears to the floof on her pawsies.

The Island Cats said...

Toe beans!

pilch92 said...

Tonks is so adorable. I like the drawing and I look forward to your A-Z ones and to reading your books. Great tips. XO

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Cuteness overload! You are such an incredible creative person I can only imagine how amazing your books will be!

messymimi said...

Tonks is beautiful.

Your doodles are fun, so i think you've got a great idea for the A to Z.