This week, our hosts provided us with the following fill-ins:
- One quirk I have is _________.
- My favorite comic strip is _________.
- I am really happy _________.
- If I could go anywhere on a road trip, I would go to _________.
Many minutes of thinking later, and I have this to offer:
- One quirk I have is dividing and eating candies like M&Ms and Skittles by color. (Although typically not a very OCD kind of person, I have this compulsion to eat my candy in a certain color pattern. I've always been this way, and I know it's weird.)
- My favorite comic strip is Garfield. (There was actually a war waging in my head over whether to choose Garfield or my other favorite, Peanuts/Snoopy. At the end of the day, though, the famous orange tabby cat who spends his days indulging in food and TV and snoozing is bound to be my hero.)
- I am really happy when my furbabies finally decide to settle down for the evening and snuggle. (I just love when my furbabies manage to get all their evening wiggles out and then come over to the couch and snuggle up against me for an evening of TV and chillaxing. Evan and Eddy are most likely to snuggle, and I just love having those furry little bodies to keep me comfy and cozy.)
- If I could go anywhere on a road trip, I would go to a beautiful forest somewhere near home. (This is probably an absurdly boring answer. But, I love wooded areas, forests that house countless trees and plants and wildlife, because this kind of gorgeous setting always sparks my sense of wonder and imagination. But, I also don't like to travel, most especially far away from home. So, if I could take a one-day road trip to a beautiful forest, I'm all for it.)
Happy Friday to all of our furiends!
Our Tip of the Day:
Sometimes, baking soda can be your best friend. If your furbaby urinates on a rug or carpet, after cleaning it up with a vinegar mixture, enzyme cleaner, or another preferred cleaner, use baking soda as a little extra odor control. Just sprinkle some baking soda on the scene of the crime, let it set for a while, and then vacuum it up. Baking soda can also be used as odor control in the litter box, by sprinkling some in the with the litter. You can also consider using baking soda for a homemade toothpaste for your furbaby. You would need to mix a small amount of baking soda with water (or potentially even plain chicken broth, if your furbaby is picky about taste) until it forms a consistent paste. Of course, if you have any concerns, first consult your veterinarian regarding your furbaby's dental health.