Friday, July 29, 2016

Friday Fill-Ins

We've almost made it to the weekend! It being Friday, we'll do our usual and start with one of our weekly favorites, and that's the Friendly Fill-Ins challenge hosted by our wonderful friends over at 15andmeowing and McGuffy's Reader.


This week, our hosts provided us with the following fill-ins:
  1. One quirk I have is _________.
  2. My favorite comic strip is _________.
  3. I am really happy _________.
  4. If I could go anywhere on a road trip, I would go to _________.
Many minutes of thinking later, and I have this to offer:
  1. One quirk I have is dividing and eating candies like M&Ms and Skittles by color. (Although typically not a very OCD kind of person, I have this compulsion to eat my candy in a certain color pattern. I've always been this way, and I know it's weird.)
  2. My favorite comic strip is Garfield. (There was actually a war waging in my head over whether to choose Garfield or my other favorite, Peanuts/Snoopy. At the end of the day, though, the famous orange tabby cat who spends his days indulging in food and TV and snoozing is bound to be my hero.)
  3. I am really happy when my furbabies finally decide to settle down for the evening and snuggle. (I just love when my furbabies manage to get all their evening wiggles out and then come over to the couch and snuggle up against me for an evening of TV and chillaxing. Evan and Eddy are most likely to snuggle, and I just love having those furry little bodies to keep me comfy and cozy.)
  4. If I could go anywhere on a road trip, I would go to a beautiful forest somewhere near home. (This is probably an absurdly boring answer. But, I love wooded areas, forests that house countless trees and plants and wildlife, because this kind of gorgeous setting always sparks my sense of wonder and imagination. But, I also don't like to travel, most especially far away from home. So, if I could take a one-day road trip to a beautiful forest, I'm all for it.)
Now, our other Friday tradition is giving you your weekly Eddy fix. And guess what? This week, the active little lady actually made an attempt to sit still for the camera. Look!


Happy Friday to all of our furiends!


***
Our Tip of the Day:
Sometimes, baking soda can be your best friend. If your furbaby urinates on a rug or carpet, after cleaning it up with a vinegar mixture, enzyme cleaner, or another preferred cleaner, use baking soda as a little extra odor control. Just sprinkle some baking soda on the scene of the crime, let it set for a while, and then vacuum it up. Baking soda can also be used as odor control in the litter box, by sprinkling some in the with the litter. You can also consider using baking soda for a homemade toothpaste for your furbaby. You would need to mix a small amount of baking soda with water (or potentially even plain chicken broth, if your furbaby is picky about taste) until it forms a consistent paste. Of course, if you have any concerns, first consult your veterinarian regarding your furbaby's dental health.

16 comments:

Marg said...

Those are some great fill ins. Eddy, you are looking mighty good these days. Hope you all have a great week end

Annie Bear said...

Eddy looks so pretty gazing out the window. :)

When I was a little girl, I always played a game with myself when eating M&Ms. I would try to guess the color, convincing myself there was a difference. I love Garfield too and for some reason completely forgot to include him on my list. Yes, who doesn't love a food & TV loving kitty! I'm with you on #3!

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

That's a beautiful photo of Eddy! We enjoyed learning a bit more about you with the fill-ins!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

That is a lovely photo of Eddy. Garfield is my mum's favourite comic strip too.

Sketching with Dogs said...

I don't think it is boring at all to go to a beautiful forest near home, that is one of my absolute favourite places too!

sprinkles said...

I eat candies by color too! I usually eat the colors I don't like as well first. Pet cuddles are the best, aren't they?

pilch92 said...

Great job posing, Eddy :) Thank you for joining the fill-ins, you always have great answers. It is not weird at all to divide your candy by color.
Garfield is one of my favorites right up there with Peanuts too :) And cuddling with the furbabies is the best. Hope you have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Great foto. Luvved your answers. Have a great weekend.

luv ya'

Dezi and Raena

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

You know I adore Garfield too! My other favorites are Mutts and Get Fuzzy :)

Pretinha said...

Obrigada pela dica do bicarbonato de sódio,
é muito difícil tirar o cheiro de urina.
Bom final de semana!

Stacy Uncorked said...

I divide candies by color, too - but mostly something like Skittles, so I can save my favorite flavor for last. ;)

I love it when the furbabies settle down and decide to cuddle, too! Nothing beats a furbaby cuddle.

I love exploring forest-type areas, too - day hikes or whatever, I like ti imagine being in an Enchanted Forest. :)

Eddy is such a pretty kitty! Love that shot! :)

Quirks, Comics, Happiness and Road Trips – Friendly Fill-In Friday Fun

The Island Cats said...

We love your fill in answers. The mom likes to mix up her colors when eating things like M&Ms. Eddy, you're looking very cute today. :)

meowmeowmans said...

Eddy, that is a most wonderful profile picture of you! Great answers, Mom. We especially loved the one about your furbabies all settling in for a cuddle session. We agree ... nothing better than that! :)

The Swiss Cats said...

Great answers ! Beautiful profile, Eddy ! Purrs

Kitties Blue said...

I am really am enjoying learning more about our blogging friends with the fill-ins. With the super HOT weather we have been having, a nice cool forest sounds very inviting. Hugs, Janet

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry that I am late, but it is important that I visit. Life has been a little stressful lately. I love your fill-ins and I do read your posts, even when I can’t comment; sometimes it is hard from my smart phone. Thank you for being a part of Friendly Fill-Ins. We actually are a lot alike! I even eat my candies that way!
Annie at ~McGuffy's Reader~