Sunday, July 17, 2016

Sunday Selfies: Yawns Gone Wild

Around here, each week my furbabies and I all try to work together to get furry selfies worthy of the always fun Sunday Selfie blog hop, hosted by our Kitties Blue furiends over at The Cat on My Head. This week, my furbabies did indeed work together to reach a common goal. But, it would seem that common goal was to bring their furiends' something from their worst nightmares.




The only furbaby who managed a decent selfie that will actually allow you to sleep at nigh was, believe it or not, Eddy!


Happy Sunday to all of our furiends!



***
Our Tip of the Day:
What I have today is more of a fun exercise than a tip...It's been said that many furbabies will yawn if they see their human yawn. Some studies have shown that furbabies are far more likely to do this in response to their owner's yawn rather than a friend or stranger's yawn. Some say that if your furbaby is indeed one who responds to your yawn with their own yawn, then this is a sign that they have developed empathy and an overall deep bond and connection with you their human. I found this a very interesting notion and tried it myself. I got all of my furbabies to respond to my yawn with a yawn of their own at least once, but not each time. My most consistent yawning buddy? Thimble! How about all of our furiends? Any other empathetic yawning furbabies out there?

16 comments:

Peaches and Paprika said...

OOOOO...such ferocious furrrbabies with those big wide mouths! Trembling in our boots! (U R Verrry creative to think of such things & the interesting angle in the first is wonderful!)

Annie Bear said...

These are so funny! I love them! Oops, I mean I'm terrified. :) Eddy looks amazingly sedate.

What a fun tip. I will definitely be giving it that a try. Maybe we'll do yawning selfies next week.

pilch92 said...

Your furbabies could never be scary- sorry guys :) Great selfies. I will have to try that yawning trick- it will take me a while with 13 kitties. Hope you have a great day.

The Daily Pip said...

Those are some pretty scary selfless! LOL. I will have to pay close attention to see if anyone in our house yawns in response to my yawn or if I catch myself yawning when one of them yawns.

The Daily Pip said...

Scary selfies (autocorrect)

Marg said...

Wow, all those yawns made us yawn too. Those are some huge yawns. Those could be really scary. Hope you all have a nice easy day.

The Swiss Cats said...

Wonderful yawning selfies, ehh, scary selfies ! Purrs

Erin the Cat Princess said...

Hehe, we practice yawning at the Palace all the time, mainly due to peeps selection of bad jokes and rambling tales! Wonderful really scary Sunday selfies guys. purrs ERin

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

OMC! That is a lot of big scary mouths.

Pretinha said...

Ótimos selfies, esse negócio de bocejo pega! hihi

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Oh my...why is it that seeing someone yawn makes you feel like yawning yourself???

Anonymous said...

OMC How cute. Mommy luvs da open mouth fotos, and misses almost all of them. MOL

Luv ya'

Dezi and Raena

The Island Cats said...

Eddy, you must be the only one that isn't tired. :)

meowmeowmans said...

Ha ha. I just yawned after looking at your selfies! :)

M Dawson said...

Good EDDY - everyone else... WOW those teefs!!!!

Marjorie and the DashKitten Crew

Kitties Blue said...

These photos are hysterical and adorable. I always have a hard time catching a photo of a kitty in mid-yawn. I am going to try this trick of yawning at them first. I'll let you know how this experiment goes. Thanks for hopping. Hugs, J.