Saturday, July 2, 2016

Caturday Art: Fireworks

My contribution for today's always fun Caturday Art blog hop, hosted by lovely Athena, was sort of an experiment. My sister surprised me the other day with some new art markers that I've had my eye on for a while. I hadn't yet had the courage to purchase and try them out for myself, though, so my sister gave me a bit of a boost and surprised me with a set of them. Thanks, sis!

So, for today's artsy fartsy blog hop, I wanted to experiment with my new markers, but in a festive way. This was the result:


What's more, it had been a while (a couple of weeks, perhaps?) since my Angel Rosie had starred in one of my drawings. So, obviously, I had to remedy that.

We hope that all of our US furiends are enjoying their holiday weekend! And we hope that our non-US furiends are having an equally fun weekend!


***
Our Tip of the Day:
Yesterday's tip mentioned keeping your furbabies safe and sound inside your house during any 4th of July festivities. Today's tip is to take that a step further and, in order to hopefully help your furbabies feel even a bit safer inside, close the window blinds and turn on some music or a movie. Our furbabies can certainly sense and hear things far better than we can, but it still doesn't hurt to try and block out the sights and sounds of 4th of July fireworks and other festivities for their sake. What's more, by doing so, you're showing your furbabies that you're ignoring the booms and bangs of the fireworks, which can potentially help them to do the same.

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's some great artwork, it made us smile from ear to ear :) Pawkisses for a Happy Weekend :) <3

Marg said...

That is such a great picture. I bet that is so much fun to do. Good to see Angel Rosie. Have a wonderful Saturday.

Peaches and Paprika said...

As usual we LUV luv luv your artwork & this one is no exception. Unless you object, we're going to include it in our 'PATRIOTI-CATS SLIDESHOW" Which our human is putting together the week following the holiday. (ummm, with OUR help of course)

Peaches and Paprika said...

As usual we LUV luv luv your artwork & this one is no exception. Unless you object, we're going to include it in our 'PATRIOTI-CATS SLIDESHOW" Which our human is putting together the week following the holiday. (ummm, with OUR help of course)

Peaches and Paprika said...

Including her in our Patrioti-Cats slideshow! You do a fantastic, fun job on everything! - Carol

The Daily Pip said...

I think I love your fireworks drawing more than real fireworks! We moved a few years ago and our new neighborhood is much quieter on the fourth of July - thank goodness!

I am glad you liked the Best Friends post yesterday. I just realized that I forgot to include the video of the Quincy House cats. I'm going to add it to the post in a little while so tune back in later today or tomorrow. The video shows these sweet cats in action - though bring your tissues!

Kitties Blue said...

Lorianne, Mom absolutely loves this. The depth and the shading really make this total purrfection and so holiday appropriate. Hope you join us for selfies tomorrow! XOCK, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Jo

pilch92 said...

I LOVE your art! And how sweet of your sister to get you the markers. Have a great 4th!And that is a good tip, we will definitely be doing that.

Katie and The Katz said...

Love seeing Beautiful and sweet Rosie again. Thanks for all the advice on keeping kitties safe for the holidays... the Mom worries about the outdoor kitties who haz to finds hidey places from the noise.

Purrz fur a lovely Fourth Weekend... do stops by and wish Mitchel some travel blessings... him am a rescued kitty going to his furever home on Monday! Purrz from Katie Kitty Too.

Christy Paws said...

Although we don't have fireworks where we live now, I grew up next door to Disneyland so I am quite used to fireworks and they don't bother me.

Lola The Rescued Cat said...

That's such a pretty drawing.

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

That's a wonderful drawing! As we've said before, you are very talented. It's also a holiday weekend here in Canada, although our big holiday was yesterday - Canada Day!

Athena Cat Goddess Wise Kitty said...

Lovely!

Purrs xx
Athena and Marie

Mickey's Musings said...

We like that pic!
It's quiet and festive. heehee
Purrs Georgia and Julie,
Treasure and JJ

The Swiss Cats said...

Lovely patriotic art !

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

What a great patriotic work of art!

Happy Caturday!!

Cathy Keisha said...

Angel Rosie looks like she's enjoying the fireworks. TW's angel cats wish I was generous and let them get their pic on my blog. Heh heh.

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

That turned out fantastic!!! You are such a talented artist. And I love how you keep your precious Angel Rosie alive here on your blog.

The Island Cats said...

We love this! We can almost hear those fireworks. :)

Anonymous said...

Cute artwork! We hope you and your furballs enjoy a great weekend, whatever you do. Hugs.

meowmeowmans said...

Mom Lorianne, this is such a special rendering of your sweet Angel Rosie. How nice of your sister to get you those pens! :)

Happy Fourth of July!

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

I absolutely LOVE that painting of Rosie, just beautiful!!! xoxo catchatwithcarenandcody