As always, we'll start our Friday with the ever fun Friendly Fill-Ins challenge, hosted by pawesome 15andmeowing and McGuffy's Reader.
The fill-ins that our hosts produced for us this week are:
- I prefer _________ to _________.
- _________ was much harder than I expected.
- One way that I relax is _________.
- _________ always makes me _________.
- I prefer making baked goods from scratch to using box mixes. (I didn't really get into hardcore baking until a few years ago, when I was in college. Once I started, though, I couldn't stop. I love finding new recipes to make. I have some of my grandma's and mom's old dessert books, and I love going through those when I'm in the mood to bake. But, now I always feel like I'm cheating if I use a box mix, and I hardly even buy any mixes anymore.)
- Acclimating Eddy to life with a dog was much harder than I expected. (I adopted Eddy just 10 days after she was pulled from the wilds of country life. She was roughly 10 weeks old, and it seemed she had never seen a dog in her life. The first time she saw Astrid, she growled and hissed and spit. I thought I could slowly get her used to Astrid well within a couple of weeks, as Astrid is a cat-friendly dog and all of our other cats took to her in no time. Eddy is Eddy, though, and she likes to be different. It took months for her to even want to be in the same room as Astrid, and at least another few weeks before she stopped stalking and slapping Astrid every time she crossed her path. Luckily, they're now perfectly good frenemies.)
- One way that I relax is by spending an evening on the couch with plenty of snacks, Netflix, and my furbabies. (I love evenings like this. There's nothing more relaxing than plopping down on the couch for some binge eating, TV watching, and furry cuddles. Even when the furbabies are begging for my food and batting the remote off the coffee table, it's totally worth it.)
- Starting a new book always makes me feel like I'm embarking on an adventure. (I love that feeling of opening to the first page of a new book and seeing where it leads me.)
If I'm lucky, maybe I can coax this little ball of energy to sit still for a selfie sometime before Sunday. We'll cross our paws that such success is met!
Happy Friday, furiends!
***Our Tip of the Day:
Seeing that I had food on my mind when writing this post, today's tip will be a recycled reminder to use caution when giving your furbabies table scraps. As I'm sure you all know, chocolate is off limits, as well as grapes, raisins, avocados, onions, garlic, alcohol, and even macadamia and other certain nuts. If your furbaby is giving you puppy dog eyes that you just can't resist, try sticking to table scrap treats more along the lines of carrots, spinach, bananas, and apples, as these all are not only safe but can also offer certain health benefits. When cooked, you can also offer chicken, beef, and even eggs, which are excellent sources of protein. Always remember, though, that table scraps and treats should only consist of a very small portion (no more than 10%) of your furbaby's diet. In cases like this, less is more!
We need to try those fill-ins! They get great answers. But by Saturday, we feel it is too late.
We sure hope that Eddy gets to be best friends with Astrid. All of my cats just adored our dog Ande when she was here. And Astrid looks like a patient dog to us. Have a great week end.
Oh sweet Eddy you are a lovely tabby and look so cute. You reminder me of my Lucy and she looks just like you do Eddy!
Thank you for participating, great answers! I am impressed that you bake from scratch too. I think you have the same energy Eddy has. :) Watching Netflix with your furbabies sounds like a perfect way to spend time. Eddy is a cutie. And the food tips are great, a lot of us forget how small our pets are and that they don't need a big portion. Have a great weekend!
My mom loves trying new recipes for supper and thankfully Dad loves sampling them.
In all their 46 years never leaves the table without saying how much he enjoyed the meal...even it sometimes a new recipe is not that good. Dad is a keeper
Hugs madi your bfff
Eddy is a cute kitty. :) I think it is great that you like to bake from scratch. I prefer it, but these days mixes are what we use. It is just too hot in the kitchen right now for the extra effort.
Furbaby cuddle time is great. :) Have a blessed day.
Eddy is lovely, even in blurry photos. Our mom likes to bake from scratch too!
I used to love baking, but since moving to Florida, I've realized I mainly bake the month or two when it's cool.
I especially like numbers 3 and 4. I too love to relax that same way. And, as an avid reader, I totally relate to starting those new adventures. Hugs and love to you all.
Great answers ! We love #3 ! Purrs
awesum fill inz bye yur mom guys....we N joyed reedin her answerz....happee fry day two all & heerz two a yellowtail catfish kinda week oh end ~~~~ ♥♥♥♥
Now you'd think that bakin' from a box would be the best kinda bakin' on account of it... YOU KNOW... involvin' boxes. But for some strange reason, the non-box stuff is usually better. MOUSES!
Eddy just has stuff to do!!! I love baking too, just wish I had time to do more from scratch. I'm guilty of using box mixes more often than not. And your idea of a purr-fect evening is the same as mine!
We enjoyed your fill in answers. The mom loves spending the evening watching TV and cuddling with us, too.
I love your answers. You are such a genuine sweetie. I am so glad you are a part of Friendly Friday. Thank you. HUGS!
Thank you so, so much for the list of YESES for little treats. Although I am not allowed to beg at the table, mama sometimes gives me a little chicken or fish from THEIR PLATES OF GOOD THINGS, and I am allowed to lick the teeny teeny bit of chocolate left on a magnum stick. Believe me there is NOTHING there after papa gets through with it. But I don't think 1/16 of a lick of chocolate every few days or weeks can harm me. Mama tried watermelon but no way did I like that. I have carrots and beans in my cat food. Thank you again for keeping us healthy. Loulou
Post a Comment