Friday, July 1, 2016

It's finally Friday!

Welcome to Friday, furiends! It's time for another Friendly Fill-Ins challenge, hosted by the pawesome 15andmeowing and McGuffy's Reader.


The fill-ins for this week are:
  1. I never thought I would miss _________, but I do.
  2. Every 4th of July _________.
  3. If I knew _________, I would _________.
  4. I have trouble _________.
And my attempts at filling them in are:
  1. I never thought I would miss cable TV, but I do. (I got myself an Amazon Fire TV Stick some time ago, and now use only that to stream TV shows using apps. Though I'm quite taken with my Netflix and Hulu and all that jazz, sometimes I actually miss all the way back to the days of good ol' scheduled programming, where you had to rush during commercials to get up and grab a snack or take a bathroom break. And what about channel surfing, trying to find anything, anything at all, to watch? Sometimes I miss those good ol' days.)
  2. Every 4th of July I stay home and laze around. (And that's exactly how I like it.)
  3. If I knew veterinary medicine, I would spare my furbabies the car ride to the vet's office. (As a kid, I had every intention of becoming a veterinarian. However, as I got older and thought about holding an animal's life in my hands during a surgery, or having to perform that final act of mercy for an animal, I had second thoughts. I still earned a college degree in Animal Sciences and was even lucky enough to work as a veterinary assistant for nearly 3 years, but that actually ended up helping me realize that I don't think I'm cut out for that side of animal care. But, there are still those times that I wish I knew all the ins and outs of veterinary medicine, so that I myself could tend to my furbabies when they fall sick.)
  4. I have trouble with anything even remotely technological. (Remember my answer to #1 above? Yeah, my TV-watching setup, and that of any and all other high tech gadgets, is primarily the doing of my sister and dad. I pretty much just buy these gadgets that make no sense to me, and then beg for help from those who actually know what they're doing. It's a running joke in my family that if procure a new technological device, something is going to go wrong with it, especially if I attempt to set it up myself. Honestly, I'm fairly certain I was born in the wrong century.)
And now, are you ready for your weekly fix of active Eddy? Eddy has been especially energetic and averse to the camera lately. To get any pictures of her, I've had to resort to waiting for her to take one of her blitzkrieg naps on my lap while I watch TV in the evening. This makes the lighting less than ideal, but it's the best she's allowed me lately. And it only gets me shots like this:


And this:


Happy Friday! We hope all of our US buddies are gearing up for a wonderful 4th of July weekend! And of course a very happy weekend to all of our non-US furiends as well!



***
Our Tip of the Day:
Today through Monday, the 4th of July, we'll be giving some tips on helping your furbabies through the noisome and bright festivities this time of year. To begin with, keep in mind that even typically laidback furbabies may become alarmed and panic at the sight and sound of fireworks. For that reason, especially at night when fireworks are most likely, try to keep furbabies safe indoors at all times, so that they don't become frightened and run off. If your furbaby were to need to go outdoors, such as for a bathroom break or for another reason, keep him or her on a leash or in a carrier. Also be sure that all doors are properly shut and latched, and that windows are not open, not only to keep out the booming of the fireworks but also so that your furbabies will not use these as escape routes should they become frightened of the fireworks. And, just in case, be sure that all of your furbabies are wearing some form of identification, so that they can find their way back home should they become overly frightened and bolt away from home.

17 comments:

Marg said...

Oh Eddy, you are looking too cute. Those fill-ins were great. I always wanted to be a veterinarian too. But it was a lot of school etc.I couldn't stand to put the animals to sleep either. Have a great Weekend.

Anonymous said...

I relate to wanting to be a vet. I am thankful that I was a vet tech, though. It helped with my rescue work, too. I still use what I learned, and have added to my knowledge and skills.
I learned technology by trial and error, and necessity. It changes too fast, though!
Thanks for being part of Friendly Fill-Ins. Have a great weekend! HUgs!
Annie at ~McGuffy's Reader~

Suzanne McClendon said...

I especially like the second photo, the angle of it. Cute!

I am not a techie person either. My husband is great at it and our youngest son is pretty nearly a genius at anything involving computers. He fixed my computer from 7,000 miles away when all I could do what sit here and ponder flushing it down with the Tidy Bowl Man!

I enjoyed your post. Have a blessed weekend!

Kitties Blue said...

The final photo is totally purrfection. Both photos show positions I see often. Such interesting answers. I feel that when I am trying to watch TV, I send more time trying to find something that I even want to spend time watching. I often think I'd like to work in a vet office, but know I couldn't tolerate the heartbreak. I really admire those who do it in any capacity. Have a great 4th. We never leave home that day, except this year Tom will be flying home from Dallas on the 4th.

pilch92 said...

Thank you for participating in the fill-ins, you always have great answers. It sounds like you spend the 4th just like we do :) I couldn't survive without cable tv plus I don't have any technical experts like your sister and Dad around to help me with the other devices. I haven't even figured out how to stream through Netflix. I know what you mean about being born in the wrong century. I am sure you would have made an excellent vet because of your compassion, but I can understand why you wouldn't want to be involved with surgery and euthanasia. Eddy looks adorable, such a cute little chin. Great tips about the 4th- hope you have a good one!

Annie Bear said...

We'll take Eddy however we can get her. That second picture is so cute! How nice that she sits in your lap. I always enjoy reading your fill-ins. I wish I could have taken the time to do them this week. I kept trying but things like work would get in the way. You were wise to make the choice you did about being a vet. I'm sure that was a difficult choice to make, especially since it was something you always wanted to do and you did all your schooling. I like the way you spend the 4th! I may do the same. If it wasn't for the Netflix button on my TV remote, I probably wouldn't even be able to figure it out.

Purrseiodn said...

Hope you have a wonderful, relaxing Independence Weekend!

messymimi said...

Good answers, and good safety reminders!

Seville at Nerissa's Life said...

You gettin' ready for the 4th of July? EXCELLENT. Up here in the Great White North, we halfway through Canada Day and let me tell you... It's only 1pm and I'm already nipped! PURRS.

Purrs,
Seville

Seville at Nerissa's Life said...

You gettin' ready for the 4th of July? EXCELLENT. Up here in the Great White North, we halfway through Canada Day and let me tell you... It's only 1pm and I'm already nipped! PURRS.

Purrs,
Seville

Pretinha said...

Também não me dou bem com tecnologia! hihi
Tenham um ótimo final de semana!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Those are sweet photos of Eddy. I like your fill in answers too.

Anonymous said...

Oh Meow, you need to talk to mommy. Or da other way 'round matbe. We have a streaming box dat still be in da box and mommy's still payin' way too much fur teevee. MOL She knows nuffin' 'bout da tech stuffs. Great Eddy fotos.

Luv ya'

Dezi and Raena

David E. McClendon, Sr. said...

We gave up satellite television a while back and I can truthfully say I don't miss it, with the exception of DIY and HGTV. We can watch Netflix and Amazon Prime and not have near the expense as Dishnetwork.

There are lots of things, some good, some bad, to watch on YouTube.

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

I keep saying that I'm going to pull the plug on cable one day, but then I start worrying that I'll want to watch something I can't stream. Technology frightens me too and whenever I get a new gadget I worry that I'm going to screw it up before even getting to use it!

The Island Cats said...

Aw, that Eddy is so cute! The mom won't give up her cable TV for the reasons you said. She likes to watch all different kinds of stuff. And technology?? It scares the bejeesus out of her!

meowmeowmans said...

We really like your answers this week. I, too, thought about being a vet. I'm not sure I would be able to handle situations where there was neglect or abuse. As for technology, I like it, but am content to read a good book, too. :)