Saturday, January 14, 2017

Can-Do Caturday Art

I'll be honest, I had a long (as in long) post written up for today. There was a point to it, I guess you could say, but sometimes too many words do nothing but take all the meaning away. So, a few hems and haws and deletions later, and now here I am.

Although my original, now scratched post took five paragraphs to get to this point, I will now do it in two sentences. If you read my post from yesterday, you might remember that my first answer for the Friendly Fill-Ins challenge explained how I chose can as my guide word for 2017. I took that sentiment, added one of my most significant life muses, and with that created today's piece for Athena's Caturday Art blog hop.


Even more importantly, please know that I did not draw this one just for myself. This one is for all of you as well. We know that all of you friends of ours have accomplished much, and that you have boundless potential to achieve whatever you desire. You're all pretty amazing, if you ask us, and no matter what you set your mind to, you can do it!

As a side note, for those who might not know, the kitty starring in this piece is of course my angel Rosie. She is, obviously, my very own Rosie the Riveter. She guided and inspired me through more than two decades of my life. Also, for those of you who have been following my art for a while, you might realize that this new piece is actually a sort of recreation of an older piece, which you can see here.

Wishing you all a most perfect Caturday!



***
Our Tip of the Day:
Never underestimate your kitty! People often think that dogs can be trained, and that cats cannot. This is not the case, though. Both dogs and cats can be trained, can be taught tricks and even boundaries and something along the line of manners. Our kitties can accomplish much, as long as we are willing to employ patience and training techniques that suit a cat's mentality. Treats and toys can be used as positive reinforcement as well as to help focus a kitty. And, just as with a pup, it can benefit your kitty to help them expend extra energy prior to a training session, such as in the case of an active kitten. Your kitty can do it, and so can you!

17 comments:

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

We are very sure we can do whatever we want, now if we could only get the humans trained but they are coming along nicely. Socks has them wrapped around his paws, and the rest of us are taking notes on how he does it.

Unknown said...

Love it! I'm still pretty new to your blog and did not know your Rosie, but I'll bet she was really special.

pilch92 said...

Now I want to know what the other post was going to say. I remember your Rosie the Riveter that you drew before because I loved it and I love this one too. I am sure your Angel Rosie is still right beside you in spirit.
Excellent tip, although I think cats are better at training us than us training them. :)Have a great day!

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

That is a wonderful drawing! We remembered your previous Rosie drawing - it was fabulous too! "Can" is a great work for the year!

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

I agree ... cats can be trained. I have taught my cats about dangers around the house that they need to avoid and they do. Yes they can and yes we can ... love the thought and adore the picture.

Andrea @ From the Sol

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

Rosie the Riveter! That is a great drawing. My mom was a Riveter, but her name was nor Rosie, it was Molly!

Athena Cat Goddess Wise Kitty said...

Love it!

The Swiss Cats said...

Great choice for your word of the year ! Purrs

Marg said...

That is such a good word, 'can' and so important to get through life. Well said. And we love seeing Rosie. She was such a pretty cat. We love calicos around here. You all have a great rest of the day.

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Your feline Rosie the Riveter is just adorable! This post is very inspirational...we CAN do anything we set our minds too!

The Island Cats said...

We love this drawing of Rosie! And we hope it brings the inspiration that you...and all of us...need.

Cathy Keisha said...

I find it hard to train TW. Very cute drawing.

Jans Funny Farm said...

That is a cute work of art and "can" is a good word for 2017!

Katie and The Katz said...

of the original Katz Gang kittiez, I could tell Sandy to sit and wait for me to get his food or a drink from the bathtub if I was busy. He would politely sit and wait. I amazed a Kirby vacuum cleaner salesman once when Sandy came into the den and meowed "want-Erh" (he thought that liquid stuff was called "erh" and that us humans were saying want er vs water) and I told Sandy to Sit down and wait... Sandy sat down!

Katie and The Katz said...

Your drawings are always so inspurrational and happy! Thanks for uplifing my soul... <3

meowmeowmans said...

What a wonderful and inspiring post! We love your Angel Rosie, and your depiction of her as Rosie the Riviter is just perfect. :)

Three Chatty Cats said...

I love this! And I love the message.