Friday, January 6, 2017

TGIF!

Happy first Friday of 2017!

Let's get right to the important stuff. That is, the Friendly Fill-Ins, hosted by 15andmeowing and McGuffy's Reader!


Our wonderful hosts came up with some great ones this week. Here, see for yourselves:

1. I have seen _________ play in concert.
2. I would like to attend a _________ concert.
3. In the dead of Winter, I _________.
4. The main ringer on my cell phone is _________.

I always feel so inspired to give my best possible answers for these. I never know how well I succeed in that, but I always have fun trying!

1. I have seen Mannheim Steamroller play in concert.
(Remember not long ago, when I admitted that Mannheim Steamroller is the orchestral band behind some of my most favorite Christmas songs? Well, they came to my hometown a couple of years ago. Although I am generally one of the last people on this earth willing to sit through a concert, I of course had to go see these guys live. The best part was that it was indeed one of their Christmas shows, and it was phenomenal.)

2. I would like to attend a Mumford & Sons concert.
(As I mentioned above, I am not really one to go to concerts. I'm perfectly fine listening to my favorite tunes from the comfort of my own home. However, as a huge fan of folksy, alternative music, and therefore as a huge fan of Mumford & Sons, if they came to town, I'd be all ears.)

3. In the dead of Winter, I spend lots of time cuddling the furbabies!
(Cold, cold weather means no going outside to mow or weed or rake or even to go out for a stroll. But that's okay, because that means lots of extra time on the couch with the furry cuties in my life. This is probably why I don't despise winter as much as so many other folk around me. Honestly, what's better than extra cuddles?)

4. The main ringer on my cell phone is a ukulele.
(I'm voluntarily old-fashioned and carry around a cell phone that probably belongs in a museum. I'm totally okay with this, though, and the fossil in my pocket does have a variety of ringtones from which to choose, including a really fun and happy ukulele song. So, that's exactly what I chose.)


And now Eddy is ready to show you her snapshots of the week. She decided that, since her big sis Thimble got to pose with our kitty bookends in the library yesterday, she wanted to do the same for today. Of course, being Eddy, she didn't give me a proper chance to change the lighting, and she certainly didn't sit all that still. Dark and blurry they may be, though, here are Eddy's attempts at posing with our new kitty bookends:


Let's be honest. I essentially never alter photos after I've taken them. It pretty much comes down to a lack of skill and patience for such things (what's this you call Photoshop?). So, what I snap is what you get. I apologize, as that is why photos like these end up on our blog.


Yikes. Well, I'll at least give you an A for effort, Eddy!


And now, on to our art of the day. Yesterday was the Twelfth Day of Christmas, meaning we are officially wrapping up the holiday season. This weekend we will slowly start to take down our Christmas decorations. But, we won't be taking them down too fast. That's probably why we just couldn't help ourselves, and today we have yet another festive drawing for you.


I'm sure that's pretty close to how helpful Eddy and the rest of the furbabies will be during the Christmas decoration deconstruction. They're all about the hands-on paws-on approach around here.

Wishing all of our furiends a happy Friday!



***
Our Tip of the Day:
I was pondering a good winter tip for today, when I visited none other than Stunning CK yesterday and found the perfect one. So, today's tip is to help your furbaby have warm and cozy naps this winter by putting his or her favorite blanket in the dryer for a couple of minutes before putting it out for them to snooze on. It will come out deliciously warm, and they can burrow down for a toasty winter nap. You can do the same thing for yourself, such as before settling down on the couch for TV time, or before going to bed. Throw your cozy blanket in the dryer to make it even cozier, and of course to entice those furbabies to join you for a warm cuddle session!

19 comments:

Marg said...

Love your fill-ins. Eddy, you are just too cute and by the way, we love that desk. Don't see those very often. That is such a cute drawing of you. Have a great day.

Cathy Kennedy said...

I'm not a concert goer, either. And where winter goes, I'd rather be indoors where it's snugly warm. I'm glad our climate is pretty mild but it does get pretty chilly at times like this morning. I try to not complain but I'm ready for spring. :) Nice Friendly Fill-ins!

Here are my Friendly Fill-ins for you!

Momma Kat and Her Bear Cat said...

Hmmm ... that desk looks similar to the one Eddy was trying to launch herself into the Christmas tree from earlier this week ;) I have a flip phone since I don't get a signal at home and I really only use it for emergencies ... it belongs is an ancient relic museum as well.

Tina Fariss Barbour said...

I am not a big concert goer either, but I listen to music a lot. I think a ukulele is a great and fun sound for your ringer. :-) Eddy, you are a doll baby. And I like the blooper pics too!

pilch92 said...

Thank you for participating in the fill-ins, you always have great answers. That must have been a great concert. I think it is wonderful that you are an "old soul", and don't need the latest iphone and stuff like that. I love winter because it does provide more cuddle time with the kitties.
Cute photo of Eddy and the blur is nice too :) It was a nice treat to see another drawing today. I need to start taking everything down this weekend too, but anything with a snowman gets a reprieve until February. Have a nice weekend!

Lola The Rescued Cat said...

We love your answers. We're trying to get Mommy to remember to participate. And don't worry, our mom has no camera skills, either.

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

That's an adorable drawing! We love it!

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

Mom loves Mannheim Steamroller, especially the Christmas music. Eddy is poses like we do! By the time Mom gets the phone camera on, we have moved!

David E. McClendon, Sr. said...

The older, simpler phones are the best. Have a great week.

Unknown said...

we saw CK's excellent tip yesterday too. Very good indeed. I think Eddy looks great in that first photo and your kitty bookends are darling. Mom L would like them lots!

katie eggeman said...

My old phone had great ringtones and every one had their own. Not impressed with Iphone tones.

Suzanne McClendon said...

I love your Eddy pictures. I have several of Angel Xerxes like that, just not on a really cool roll top desk. :)

I love winter, too!

Have a blessed weekend.

Anonymous said...

You be lookin' very purretty Eddie. We haven't known a single artist on anypawdys' bloggy today. Well, except Bob Hope. But we didn't know her was somepawdy dat did concerts. MOL Big hugs

Luv ya'

Dezi and Raena

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

My decorations will be very slow to come down too! And it looks like the whole family loves your new book ends! Blurry Mudpie pictures are the norm around here too :)

Annie Bear said...

I love your #4 answer. :)

Those kitty bookends are so cute! We love seeing Eddy as-is. It's a part of her charm, so never worry about Photoshop!

Cathy Keisha said...

Eddy is backlit! MOL! I wonder what the next challenge will be. Don't knock your photographic skills. Not everyone is a pro but your's are fine. TW doesn't go to concerts anymore but she's been to thousands. It's a miracle she can still hear. Of course she used to work for a few bands and write for music publications.

Patricia said...

There's no bad time to cuddle but winter is the best.

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

I love your kitty bookends. I love your roll top bureau too. Eddy is very cute posing on it.

Anonymous said...

I wake up with a cat on my head, two by my sides and a dog, as well. Kenzie sleeps near the bed. She is old and set in her ways. Grizelda is a loner, usually. She loves us, but not the closeness of a "d-o-g". *wink*
Are you familiar with Grave Vanderwahl? She won America's Got Talent. She is 12, sings beautifully, and plays a ukulele. I adore her.