Sunday, January 15, 2017

Family and Fluff

My furbabies decided to take the day off. They said they were tired, something about working too hard, not enough perks and benefits, something like that like. But that's okay, because who doesn't deserve a day off every now and then? That, and I also have an abundant reservoir of furry cuteness at my disposal. After all, aside from the 3 kitties who own me, pup Astrid, and housemate Toby, my parents have 7 cats that I visit on pretty much a daily basis.

And so, today's post is indeed brought to you by one of my parents' cats. You've met this particular fluffy little cutie before, and her name is Gilly. After Foggy, whom you all met this past Mancat Monday, Gilly is the newest member of the family. She's a giant ball of fluff, ridiculously adorable, and of course knows that and, well, uses it to her advantage with great success. (In other words, she has my dad wrapped around that furry little paw of hers.)


How about a closeup? You know, to get a better shot of that pink little nose?


Gilly asked me to enter these as our contribution for the Sunday Selfies blog hop, hosted by our pals over at The Cat on My Head. I was more than happy to oblige. After all, who wouldn't want to see that level of fluffy cuteness?!?



Now, on to today's art. All I can really say about this one is that I have been overcome with an urge to draw fantastical sorts of creatures as of late. It happens. I guess. (What can I say? I never claimed to be any semblance of "normal".) That probably means there are indeed going to some eccentric pieces coming up. Like this one:


For anyone who wasn't yet familiar with a narwhal, there you go.


We hope you all have yourselves a fantastic Sunday!



***
Our Tip of the Day:
Despite their extra legs and different method of ambulation compared to us, keep in mind that our furbabies are still susceptible to the dangers of walking in winter weather. An extra pair of legs is certainly not guaranteed to keep a furbaby from slipping on ice and injuring bones or muscles, such as those of their legs or ribs. Even walking in deep snow can be dangerous to them, such as if one or more legs sinks down into it, or if deep snow collapses beneath them or on top of them. For reasons such as these, always be cautious and careful when walking your pup in icy or heavily snowy conditions (not to mention also for your own safety). Also, perhaps try not to leave your dog or outdoor cats outside in icy or snowy conditions without closely monitoring them, so that you can be there to assist them should they slip or in any way injure themselves or find themselves in trouble.

20 comments:

Mickey's Musings said...

We agree that Gilly is a darling!
Who could resist that sweet face and little pink nose?
Purrs Georgia,Julie and JJ

Momma Kat and Her Bear Cat said...

Normal is DEFINITELY overrated. And boring. I can see why Gilly would have humans wrapped around her paw ... she's beautiful and looks so innocent! Not to mention those eyes ...

Erin the Cat Princess said...

A gorgeous and most natural selfie, makes me smile to see such joyous and relaxed repose. purrs ERin

meowmeowmans said...

Gilly sure is adorable. We can see how she would have your dad wrapped around her little paw. And that nose! So cute!

Love that happy narwhal, too. :)

Hugs!

Annie Bear said...

Gilly is pretty and looking very coy. There's no question why your dad would be so smitten. Look at that pretty pink nose!

Great drawing of the nawhal!

Marty the Manx said...

She is gorgeous! I can see why your Dad is smitten with her!

Katie and The Katz said...

Hello pretty Gilly girl? Who wouldn't just love to have themselves all wrapped up in those beeyoootifull eyes?

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

Gilly you are a pretty girl with an adorable pink nose

pilch92 said...

Gilly is so pretty, great selfie. Your drawing is cute too. Excellent tip, 4 legs definitely doesn't mean they won't fall on the ice, deer seem to get trapped on ice all the time.

Little Miss Titch said...

what a beauty Gilly is,xx Speedy

Marg said...

Oh Gilly, you are just too cute, and calicoes are one of our very favorites. Glad you got to be on the blog. Well done.

Three Chatty Cats said...

Oh my gosh, you're right. Gilly is ridiculously adorable!

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Gilly how pretty you are!! What a great set of selfies.
WE just love your close ups!

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

She's gorgeous! And now Mudpie is wondering if she should be asking for time off...

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous little pink nose! You're right. I really did want to see that close up. And your tip is hitting me a little close to home. I slipped on a walk with Liam last week and broke my leg. Off to surgery for me on Tuesday. Liam was fine, thankfully. I don't know what I would have done if we'd both been broken!

Jean from Welcome to the Menagerie

Peaches and Paprika said...

OOO we also love the pink nose. Gorgeous cats we comprehend that supreme confidence! Gorgeous and and she know it and she shows it! Go calicos!!!

The Island Cats said...

Gilly is adorable...and knows how to take a great selfie. :)

sprinkles said...

Oh my goodness, that little pink nose is just adorable!!!

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

super sweet and gorgeous kitty catchatwithcarenandcody

Dash Kitten Crew said...

Gilly is utterly gorgeous!!

*melts into a puddle *

We can't blame dad, really.......