Friday, January 27, 2017

Fill-Ins with a Side of Fang

Happy Friday! We've been looking forward to this fun day of the week since, well, Monday. Now, we're all ready for the Friendly Fill-Ins challenge, hosted by our amazing friends over at 15andmeowing and McGuffy's Reader.


This week's fill-ins are as fantastic as ever.

1. I have seen _________ on Broadway.
2. My Chinese zodiac sign is _________.
3. Celebrities _________.
4. A _________ day is _________.

My answers are, well, I'll let you be the judge of that.

1. I have seen zilch on Broadway.
(I have never been to a Broadway show. To be honest, that's never really been my kind of thing. My sister loves it, but it's just never really appealed to me.)

2. My Chinese zodiac sign is the Earth Snake.
(I keep getting online ads for shirts that say "Real cat ladies are born in April" and "Made in the '80s". I guess the internet knows me well.)

3. Celebrities are just people.
(I wish more people realized this. It seems like celebrities are so often idolized and treated as some otherworldly creatures. They're just human beings, though, just like us common folk. That's something I think more people need to realize, both for the sake and happiness of the celebrities and ourselves.)

4. An apple a day is no longer allowed for me.
(And that's doctor's orders. I know - say what?!? I think I've made brief comments on our blog here before about having some sensitivities to certain foods. Well, that's worsened over the last year, so this week I was officially put on a highly restrictive diet by a digestive doctor. This new diet cuts out even certain "health" foods, like apples, because of the components that comprise them. If you're curious, it's known as a low FODMAP diet. It looks pretty bad, but to be honest, I'm making do just fine on it.)


And of course we also have your weekly Eddy fix now! She decided to remind you all how amazing and adorable she is, snaggletooth and all.


For those who may not know or don't remember, I adopted Eddy as a special needs kitten. After being trapped and brought in by a local rescue at roughly 10 weeks of age, she developed a sudden head tilt, facial nerve paralysis, and began walking in circles. Although she had been scheduled for humane euthanasia by her foster mom due to her condition, when the doctor showed up, she said that she didn't think that little kitty was ready to go just yet and instead began her on a some potent antibiotics for potential toxoplasmosis. Around that same time my parents were adopting two kittens (Gemma and Freya!) from that same rescue group, I found out about Eddy, met her, and the rest is history. A year and a half later, and Eddy still has her adorable head tilt, and what I like to call her Elvis snarl, due to her facial nerve paralysis. She no longer walks in circles, though, but rather is the most active and agile kitty in the home. Go, Eddy, go!

Oh, and her favorite toy is the ring from a milk jug. Since she will literally eat no food besides her beloved dry Royal Canin, she asked that her foodie art of the week honor her favorite toy. So, here you go:


Happy Friday!



***
Our Tip of the Day:
This is one of those days when I repeat an old tip. It's a simple tip dear to my heart, and it's to please never forget the value of special needs animals. Furbabies with special needs are often passed over at shelters for their so-called "imperfections", but these amazing animals have so much to offer on so many levels. So, next time you adopt, foster, sponsor an animal, volunteer at a shelter, or spread the word about animals in need, please do consider and shed some light on those furbabies with special needs. They really are special indeed, and in more ways than one!

19 comments:

Marg said...

Oh Eddy, we are so glad that your human Mom found you and took you in. We sure do thank the mom for taking such good care of you. You are too cute.
Sorry the Mom is having stomach problems. That isn't any fun and hope the food changes helps. Our Mom still has a little shingles left but it is going away very slowly. Thanks so much for asking.
You all have a fabulous day.

Momma Kat and Her Bear Cat said...

Eddy's beautiful ... I'm so glad you gave her a chance. I love following her adventures (especially with the Christmas tree)!

Annie Bear said...

Bless you for adopting Eddy. She is so precious and so many of us (me for sure!) love her. Her picture is so cute! I don't know if you go to PetSmart, but I belong to their PetPerks program and received an e-mail for a free 3.5 bag of Royal Canin dry food (up to $25 value). My cat Lucy loved the plastic rings from milk or water when she was young. They were by far her favorite toys. Yes, to #3! I totally agree with your tip!

Hairballsandhissyfits.com said...

So glad you and Eddy have each other! hairballsandhissyfits.com

pilch92 said...

I didn't know Eddy was adopted with special needs, I am so glad you rescued this sweet little girl. I love the art work you made of her, so cute. And that is the best tip yet, special needs cats are just as loving if not even more loving. Thank you for your answers to the fill-ins, I always enjoy them. I am not into Broadway either, but CATS was a must see. My 2 favorite people are snakes too- my Mom and hubby. I am sorry you have had some food sensitivities, I am glad you are able to adjust to the diet. Have a nice weekend!

Lone Star Cats said...

Luv your snaggletooth!

Anonymous said...

I hope your health issues improve. Good grief, life can be so complicated. And, celebrities just need to stay in their lane. HUGS! Stay well!

The Swiss Cats said...

Eddy is a lucky kitty : we're glad he found such a wonderful home ! Purrs

Anonymous said...

Eddy be lookin' very cute. We so agree 'bout celebs. Mommy was da one kid dat never had any as idols. She used to say, they're just peeps and some aren't very nice peeps. But they're also peeps she was never gonna meet. Anyways, like we said, we agree. Big hugs

Luv ya'

Dezi and Raena

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Eddy is such a little angel and just precious in the milk jug!

My sign is the snake too...I had to look it up, I had no idea! I've never heard of that diet but I certainly hope it helps you to feel better.

katie eggeman said...

That diet sounds super restrictive, but if it helps your tummy....

The Daily Pip said...

Awe, Eddy so good to see you and glad you have a wonderful home! My cat Sweet Pea loved the ring on the milk jug, too. He used to play fetch with it!

I'm glad you are doing well on the diet. I would miss apples, but it sounds like you have a very positive attitude about the diet.

meowmeowmans said...

We do love us some Eddy, and this is such an adorable photo of your girl!

I'm so with you on number three -- I am SO not enamored with celebs. They are just people.

Fur Everywhere said...

I like your answers. I also have an April birthday. I, too, wish that more people realized that celebrities are just people. I don't understand why people idolize them so much.

Sorry to hear about your new diet! That doesn't sound fun. Before I got my gall bladder out, I couldn't eat anything without my tummy hurting. I hope the new diet leaves you feeling better!

Kitties Blue said...

Kudos for your completion on #3. Mom also feels that celebrities should not be idolized. Eddy is a doll baby, and it makes us happy that you took a chance on her. XOCK, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Angel Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth, Calista Jo and Cooper Murphy

The Island Cats said...

Aw, Eddy. What a cute picture of you!

We enjoyed the fill in responses...as always.

Cathy Keisha said...

I keep forgetting that about Eddy cos I think she's perfect. There are also special needs cats such as myself who cannot be tamed. Most people couldn't put up with me and sometimes TW wonders why she does. And, yes, celebrities put their pants on one leg at a time like everyone else.

David E. McClendon, Sr. said...

Sorry to hear that the old apple a day brings the doctor to stay. Have a great week.

Suzanne McClendon said...

I love your post title! :)
I think it is great that you got rescued kitties and the doctor saved Eddy from euthanasia. Eddy has a purpose, just like we all do. What a beautiful kitty. :)

Have a blessed week!