Friday, January 20, 2017

Friday with a Little Footsie

Welcome to the day that means it's almost the weekend! In other words, happy Friday! Let's get right to the fun with the Friendly Fill-Ins challenge, hosted by our good friends over at 15andmeowing and McGuffy's Reader.


I always look forward to the fill-ins, each and every week. Not only are they fun, but I can always use a little something to get my brain going on Fridays. And our hosts sure did great at that this week, with these fantastic fill-ins:

1. _________ makes me feel old.
2. _________ makes me feel young.
3. I have _________.
4. _________ is _________.

After stirring at the sloppy mess of creative juices sitting all stagnant up there in my head, I got to work on these. And, here's what I came up with:

1. The neighbor kids make me feel old.
(My neighbors needed a last minute babysitter for their 3 young children the other night. Even though babysitting kept me busy throughout high school and college, I hadn't done a true babysitting gig in years. Despite that, I headed over there. Luckily, they're great kids. Nevertheless, even at 9 o'clock at night, they run around and play like sleep is a thing for slackers, like they possess some bottomless pool of energy. Honestly, what does that even feel like?)

2. Animated movies make me feel young.
(I guess this sort of, oddly enough, goes hand-in-hand with the answer I gave above. While the neighbor kids wore me out and made me feel like a crone, the movies I finally got them to settle down and watch made me just as happy as those wide-eyed children. I have always loved fun and fantastical movies, and now as an adult, watching them makes me feel all giddy and like I'm a kid again. Perhaps that's why I watch so many movies like this.)

3. I have never broken a bone or had stitches.
(I've never really been all that careful or cautious of a person, to be honest, so I'm always sort of amazed that I've made it this far in life without a trip to the emergency room. I used to do acrobats, and I used to sled down icy hills and jump off of swings. I once worked at a large animal clinic, where I helped care for sick and at times aggressive horses and cattle. And then I worked at a cat clinic, where it was a daily occurrence for an enraged kitty to flash its claws at me. And how about that time that a game of soccer in PE got me kicked square in the shin by a Hulk of a kid in my class? That last one at least got me in an x-ray room, but my bones proved happy as could be. Not that I'm complaining, though, and I sure hope I can keep this up.)

4. Love is a four-legged word.
(I just really love this saying. It rings so true in my life. So, it seemed the perfect thing to put there.)


Speaking of the four-legged furbabies in my life, Eddy wants to show off her attempts at a photo shoot this week. She has heard of peoples' fondness for furry footsies and toesies, and so she wanted to get in on the action.


Oops, she sort of missed the mark on that one.


There. Not bad, Eddy, not bad.

Then Eddy asked me to draw something as cute and cuddly as her. Well, that was a very loaded request on Eddy's part, but, here is what I managed:


Happy Friday, everybuddy!


***
Our Tip of the Day:
Never forget that our furbabies, like those tough little kitties, are often very good at hiding pain. For this reason, if your kitty or pup ever experiences an accident or traumatic event, even if they don't appear to be displaying excessive symptoms of pain afterwards, it never hurts to have them seen by a veterinarian. In some cases, even a fractured or broken bone might come across simply as a mild limp in that tough little furbaby of yours. So, if your cat or dog is ever involved in an accident, whether it be something such as a failed jump or a vehicular accident, of course keep a very close eye on them, and certainly get them to a veterinarian if there is any cause for concern. This is important not only to ensure your furbaby's immediate safety and health, but also because delayed treatment of an injury could potentially lead to further problems later in your furbaby's life. Always remember that it is indeed better to be safe than sorry!

14 comments:

Marg said...

Eddy, those are some pretty darn special paws. That is such a cute drawing.You all have a great day.

Momma Kat and Her Bear Cat said...

I've never broken anything either ... which is a HUGE miracle because I'm borderline low on bone density. I've had stitches when I had surgery ... but no accidents. We are the lucky ones (knock on wood). Love Eddy's paws ... though that amazing floofy belly is distracting ;)

pilch92 said...

Thank you for participating, I always enjoy your answers. I bet the kids had a great time with you, you sound like a very fin person. I like kid movies too, I recently watched The Secret Life of Pets while my hubby rolled his eyes at me. I am amazed you never broke anything, I broke my foot during an acrobat class in 10th grade. I am 5 ft. 10 inches, really too tall for stuff like that. I hope your good luck streak continues. And answer #4 is my favorite answer. Great photos of Eddy. And the drawing is cute too. Cats are especially good at hiding pain and illness so it is good to notice any changes in behavior.

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

Eddy, you have sweet furry toes

Mariodacat said...

Eddy, you are pretty dang cute in that picture.

katie eggeman said...

Great tip of the day....a good reminder.

David E. McClendon, Sr. said...

Our neighbors have young kids as well. One is about ten. She makes me feel old. She has tons of energy and a powerful voice.

Anonymous said...

Eddy be lookin' gawjus. And no broken bones means far less or no arfur-itis. You are blest. Mommy says everythin' makes her feel old. MOL Not sure 'bout those animated movies, mommy's never been a fan. Big hugs

Luv ya'

Dezi and Raena

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about youth. It is definitely for the young. Ha!
I love that four legged quote! Yes; I agree! Hugs.
Thanks for being a part of Friendly Fill-Ins!

Annie Bear said...

I just love your #4 and then how perfect to see Eddy next. Your artwork is definitely cute and cuddly!

The Island Cats said...

You have a very furry tail and footsie, Eddy. :)

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Same here with #3 and I've got a decade on you age-wise! *knock on wood*

Pawsome pics and art, Eddy!

Kitties Blue said...

Your tip of the day is so important. Had I not been petting Mauricio, I would not have discovered those bites on his back. Love your #4 fill-in, and I am totally amazed by your #3. A friend of mine (who is blind) and I (no balance when standing) always kid each other about needing Michelin man suits to keep from hurting ourselves! Have a great weekend. Hope to see you for selfies. As always, love your drawing.

Suzanne McClendon said...

What cute pics, Eddy. :)
The kitty drawing is so sweet.

I love animated movies, too. My favorites are Hotel Transylvania and Hotel Transylvania 2. That little red-headed baby vampire is adorable!

Have a blessed week. :)