HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!
Our resident freckle-nosed ginger wishes you all lots and lots Irish luck on this St. Patrick's Day!
Doodle of the Day
I'll admit that I'm not the biggest fan of St. Patrick's Day and what it usually entails. It's just not my sort of thing. That's probably why this year I wasn't really in the mood to scribble up a doodle for this day of luck and green. This problem was solved by the fact that Tuesdays are generally a day when I share flashback doodles. So, I decided I'd reshare our St. Patrick's Day doodles from the past 3 years.
Let's start with last year, 2019, and work our way back. Last year, though I can't remember why, I scribbled up 2 doodles for St. Patrick's Day. Here they are:
On St. Patrick's Day in 2018, I shared this silly little doodle:
And way back in 2017, I doodled this up:
It seems I've always been all about those ginger kitties for St. Patrick's Day. That does make a wee bit of sense, though, doesn't it?
Tip of the Day
We haven't reached the end of National Pet Poison Awareness Month yet, so we'll keep these tips coming. Today's tip on potentially poisonous household items relates to batteries. If a dog or even a cat bites a battery or ingests it, the acidic or alkaline components could leak out and enter their gastrointestinal system. This material is corrosive in nature, and can therefore cause serious side effects, including oral ulcers, vomiting, other various signs of gastrointestinal distress, and even fever. Due to the corrosive nature of battery components, vomiting should not be induced in the case of ingestion, as this will cause further damage. Immediate care can include rinsing out your pup or kitty's mouth with lukewarm water to remove as much of the battery material as possible. Of course, quickly follow that up with immediate veterinary care. To prevent such emergencies, keep all batteries tucked safely away where curious furbabies cannot get to them. As always, it's better to be safe than sorry!