It must be tiring being so cute.
Doodle of the Day
Yesterday, for the last day of February, I shared a doodle that involved an outdoor winter library. Now, for this first day of March, I decided to scribble up a doodle involving an outdoor library that is more suitable for spring. I was going for a secret garden sort of thing. I don't know if that came across at all, but here it is nonetheless.
Tip of the Day
We're yet again going to be repeating a series of tips from previous years. This is because the topic at hand is an important one. After all, March is Pet Poison Awareness Month, and so we'll be giving some tips relating to this over the next couple of weeks. We'll begin with a simple one. For today, we just want to remind you to always have a plan for an emergency, of course including the possibility of your furbaby ingesting some form of toxic material. This could be chocolate, a poisonous plant, human medication, or even an item such as a battery. Being prepared would include knowing where to take your furbaby, as quickly as possible, in the event that they consume anything poisonous. For example, if the trip to your regular veterinarian is not a quick drive, then perhaps have another backup clinic in mind, one that is closer, in the event that you need to get your furbaby help in a very timely manner.
Along this same line of thought, also make sure you know the nearest emergency veterinary clinic, especially for evenings, weekends, and holidays. Have the phone number and address of said clinic handy, such as in your phone or on your refrigerator. What's more, we may not always think of this, but also try to be knowledgeable of how to get to any clinic you might need, before you might need to get there in a pinch. If need be, bookmark or print out directions to nearby clinics and keep them somewhere accessible. This way, should your furbaby get into anything poisonous, you can hop in the car and get help without delay. As we always say, it's better to be safe than sorry.